shape
carat
color
clarity

My James Meyer Leaf & Vine for Valentines Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes Addy! I have to thank upgradeable for pointing me in the right direction. I didn''t plan to get this European cut at the beginning of my hunt.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
musey, yours is to die for!

I remember when I first began lurking around here - your ring was one of my very first "favorites". And I have to confess that I was envious... yours set is still very beautiful, but at least now I can look down to my hand whenever I feel the need!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:58:48 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Oh gosh I really thought I had posted on this thread and I don''t know how I missed it!!

Your ring is INCREDIBLE Butterbean - so beautiful! I absolutely love it!

I''m dying for the same setting for my garnet, but I think the setting cost would vastly outstrip the cost of the stone
3.gif
B.E.G. - I know exactly what you mean. Originally, I was set on getting the biggest and best stone possible, and wearing it in a $300 6-prong Stuller setting .... nothing wrong with that, right? But when I saw this setting it was like a ton of bricks and I just knew this was the one for me. Can''t explain it any other way. So, making a tradeoff on the diamond wasn''t such a sacrifice after all. It IS smaller than I would have liked, but the overall look is so much more eye-pleasing this way, I think.

For a garnet though, you''re probably right. I would absolutely keep an eye on Ebay for a JM setting, though. You never know... and I''m sure he could rebuild just the top part. Good luck with yours!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ebree and your furry friend!
35.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
more fire

BB217Fire001.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
one more

BB217-right.jpg

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, your setting is really cool. I don''t even have my first ring yet and I''m already dreaming of a second one like yours. They say bezels are easier for daily wear of gloves in the healthcare setting, but I thought they were not cute until your ring. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 11:34:49 PM
Author: ButterBean
Date: 2/16/2009 11:58:48 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Oh gosh I really thought I had posted on this thread and I don''t know how I missed it!!

Your ring is INCREDIBLE Butterbean - so beautiful! I absolutely love it!

I''m dying for the same setting for my garnet, but I think the setting cost would vastly outstrip the cost of the stone
3.gif

B.E.G. - I know exactly what you mean. Originally, I was set on getting the biggest and best stone possible, and wearing it in a $300 6-prong Stuller setting .... nothing wrong with that, right? But when I saw this setting it was like a ton of bricks and I just knew this was the one for me. Can''t explain it any other way. So, making a tradeoff on the diamond wasn''t such a sacrifice after all. It IS smaller than I would have liked, but the overall look is so much more eye-pleasing this way, I think.

For a garnet though, you''re probably right. I would absolutely keep an eye on Ebay for a JM setting, though. You never know... and I''m sure he could rebuild just the top part. Good luck with yours!

I think you made the perfect choice - you have a beautiful diamond in a unique, gorgeous setting! It looks like an heirloom piece!

I''ve e-mailed James to see about price quotes and it may be doable in the future - who knows? I''ve definitely been inspired after seeing your ring

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:48:57 AM
Author: gryffindor
Oh wow, your setting is really cool. I don''t even have my first ring yet and I''m already dreaming of a second one like yours. They say bezels are easier for daily wear of gloves in the healthcare setting, but I thought they were not cute until your ring. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!!
Hi gryffindor
35.gif

Don''t feel too badly about that - I''ve worn this one only 3 days and I''m already dreaming of an anniversary band!
2.gif

It''s still very cold and wearing gloves is a must, so I was very pleased with the fact that this doesn''t get caught in the glove lining when pulling them on the was a few of my right hand rings do. So far, it''s been extremely comfortable and no snags on clothing. Until I saw Jim Meyer''s work, I thought a bezel look was not for me. Glad I could inspire you the way Coati inspired me!
- BB

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting with this particular cut of stone!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the thread jack and if this has already been covered, but where can one go have a look at more James Meyer goodies?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. It is so beautiful and unique!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is amazing! It makes me want a JM even more than I did already. I am such a sucker for bezels.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:57:58 AM
Author: Kelli
Sorry for the thread jack and if this has already been covered, but where can one go have a look at more James Meyer goodies?
Hi Kelli,
I am more than happy to provide 2 links.
His own site is : http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/index.htm

And you can also see many of his designs that are now executed by Ann McKay, who worked for him for many years until she bought his business and store so that he could semi-retire.
www.annmckaystudio.com

Have fun looking - I sure did!
35.gif

- BB

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I love the bezel
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Big thank you to EricaR, April 20, Dreamgirl and MMT for dropping in and your nice commenting.
I still look at my hand constantly thru the day while working! Over the weekend I plan to wear the wedding band too, to make sure it's comfy and I love it as much as my ering. I will be sure to take a couple of pics to post.

Edited to add Dreamgirl and MMT. Sorry I didn't see your posting at first!
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t stop coming back to this thread! What a GORGEOUS ring!!!!!!!
30.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Oh Musey ... you made my day!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you butterbean! I''m in L
30.gif
VE!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB, I am seriously smitten with your ring - it''s just gorgeous! That OEC is gorgeous, too! Congrats!!!!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, LTP! It would have better proportions if it was as large as Coati''s, I fear. But I do
30.gif
it, really & truly.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
It is perfect!!!! Everything flows very nicely together!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Butterbean, I''m really late on posting here since I haven''t checked the jewelry threads in a long time, but I wanted to tell you how absolutely perfect I think your ring is!

I''ve been debating and trying to save for a James Meyer for quite a while now, well over a year. I had my heart set on one design (coati''s, but in two tone with two small diamonds), but after seeing yours I''m not so sure now and may go with the leaf motif. I am big into nature (I love to be outdoors and really enjoy the peace and quite of a park and the woods) and it''s similar to my mother in law''s antique leaf design ring (which I absolutely adore and can''t find anywhere) so I may end up going this route. Yours looked similar to an all white metal version I saw on his website.

http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/pieces/1278.htm

Did he make this custom for you or just convert that one into two tone (without the side stones)?

By the way, my diamond is very similar in size to yours and probably the same cut (it is my grandmother''s) so it''s nice to see what it looks like in this setting for me because hopefully mine would look similar.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Butterbean,

I LOVE your ring, so much so that I''m considering one for myself! Actually, it''s between yours and Coati''s. Do you happen to have a bit bigger handshot? I''d really like to get an idea of it on the hand. Mine will have a blue sapphire. Thanks!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread??? LOVE THIS RING!!! Congratulations and ENJOY!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results