shape
carat
color
clarity

My James Meyer Leaf & Vine for Valentines Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!
30.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks also to mrssalvo and Italianhaircolor.
35.gif

I''m quite sure that it would not be as beautiful as it is, at the same cost, if not for Pricescope. Truly all you PS''ers were a tremendous help.

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
oh WOW!! i LOVE LOVE LOOOVE your ring!!
30.gif

may be my favorite bezel ever. the leaf design is just gorgeous!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi BB,
I commented earlier in the thread, but just wondering can you tell me does your ring have a leaf on both sides of the bezel? Or is it an asymmetrical one?
I would really love to see a top view if you have it!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 9:21:24 PM
Author: arjunajane
Hi BB, its so pretty, congrats!

Would you mind to possibly post a pic of a top down view? This is very similiar to the design I''m currently having made for a garnet (but unfortunately not from JM), and I would love to see a bit more of it!
Does it have a leaf on both sides? Or is it asymmetrical?

Again, congrats its lovely
36.gif
Hi AJ, Sorry I did not have the right photo for you. I will take another. To answer your question though: Looking down on it on my finger, there is a leaf at the lower left and upper right. There is a vine with "ball" at the end in the u
35.gif
pper left and lower right. Each side has the same thing, but in mirror image. Still very balanced, I would say.

And if the sparkle or fire have been lessened by bezeling, it has been very slight. I really don''t notice much difference, if any. I still
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it as much as before!

BB216-top.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
To marcyc, Kittybean (are we legume cousins?) Amanda Rx and bling addict -
a HUGE thank you for your very kind remarks! I am so overwhelmed right now by the interest of PSers. I mean, gosh even my own sisters probably won''t want to know as much as "the faithful" on PS! You guys are wonderful!

For everyone who asked for more detailed pics, I took more and I think they should be better.

BB216-left.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh I really thought I had posted on this thread and I don''t know how I missed it!!

Your ring is INCREDIBLE Butterbean - so beautiful! I absolutely love it!

I''m dying for the same setting for my garnet, but I think the setting cost would vastly outstrip the cost of the stone
3.gif

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay, more pics!!!
36.gif

umm that full frontal shot is amazing!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 11:17:12 PM
Author: Deelight

Date: 2/15/2009 4:39:22 PM
Author: ButterBean
Oh, I know...
BB215-milkweed002.jpg

That is the money shot
30.gif
, your fireball looks like it is about to explode in colour.

Congrats on your engagement and your new beautiful ring :D
Really? I suppose I will have to make real avatar now. Do you think I should use this one?

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi Coati, We chose matching bands that are 18k yellow and plain, except for 3 platinum wraps that copy the side wraps on my ering, except that these have millgrain on them, like the bezel. Have not had time to take any pics of those yet, but will soon.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
mmmm, Butterbean! It''s beautiful! Congrats!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to San Diego Lady, ckrickett, Namaste and Baby Steps, too.

I could not believe how extremely delicate it is - when you look at the photos on his web site, they are so close up, it''s easy to think they''re more bulky.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi Clairitek, tlh and Lorelei
35.gif

Thanks for your comments - if I could find the blusing emoti I would use it.

You know, I have always stayed away from cookie cutter things, so I am really glad we got this one. I have never seen anyone else wearing it and I won''t in my city for sure. Although I would have liked a larger stone, it would have meant putting it in the most basic setting, so I''m glad we didn''t. I can''t stop looking at it!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
See earlier reply about the wedding band, but it will be very simple. Pics soon.

Thanks for looking Hudson Hawk, geckodani and thing2of2!
emembarrassed.gif

Oh there''s that little blusher!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 1:30:50 PM
Author: paeony

Date: 2/15/2009 11:54:58 PM

Date: 2/15/2009 5:50:27 PM
Author: paeony
Wow Butterbean!! Its So lovely! I''ve been anxious to see it! I love the leaf/vine design!! It is so delicate and really showcases the stone amazingly!
Jim has my OEC to set (although my setting won''t be as delightfully intricate as yours)-- this just makes me appreciate his workmanship so much more!
I can''t wait to see more pics!
Also, what are your thoughts on the two-tone?
You love this one too? It would be wonderful for mine to have a cousin! I can''t wait to see which you get ... any hints??
His workmanship is excellent, truly. The millegraine is a teensy as it could possibly be.

I do love it, but kind of wish it had just a bit more platinum ... that''s really the only thing I would do differently looking back on my expectations and the actual finished piece.
Thanks for your response, ButterBean! I have had the leaf & vine design saved on my computer for a long time! -- and after seeing your pics, I really prefer the leaves in gold, his detail on them are beautiful!

Let me ask a question about the two-tone.. my ring is going to be an interpretation of style 1320 (on rings page-- the one with the purple sapphire)
Imagine it with a diamond, round (and much smaller, at that!), blue sapphire side stones, plat. bezel and addition of plat wraps. (the rest in YG)
Do you think since my diamond is small and the side beads (?) are small (so the wraps won''t be too far from the bezel) that the design will be compact enough that I won''t need to add more plat?

I''m very interested to see what you think/suggest! (p.s. after seeing your ring, I almost called him up and said-- change everything, I want the leaf/vine!!-- I love it!)
Hey, paeony! Aw thank you! I can''t wait to see your ring, now! That will be very pretty, especially with the blue sapphires (are they lighter or darker blue?) To answer your question: it''s really personal preference. If you''re after a balanced two tone, you probably would need more plat to achieve that look. It''s just my opinion of course, but you might consider making the bezels of the sapphires in plat too. But you''re right about being closer together helping the overall look be of both colors more than mine do. Jim really does have a good eye and trusting him to make the call is safe. That''s a very pretty design, too!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 7:22:55 PM
Author: mayachel
Your ring is so lovely. The setting is fabulous and the stone glitters like crazy. I love it from the top, but then seeing the cutlet, why I think I''d be turning your hand around all day to see it. Congratulations again on your engagement.
Here''s another pic of the culet - the view from the back. Thanks for writing, mayachel!

BB216-back.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:28:27 PM
Hi BB,
I commented earlier in the thread, but just wondering can you tell me does your ring have a leaf on both sides of the bezel? Or is it an asymmetrical one?
Hi Aj - I have been awaw from the computer so much -
sorry to make you wait ... especially since I was bugging you for photos not long ago! I do have a couple of new ones for you.

BB216-top2.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
OK, last one for tonight. Need to sleep! More tomorrow.

BB216-top3.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB gorgeous, congrats! But if you don''t mind me saying, you need to post those pics larger...in your first series, it was hard to see any details, at least for my blind eyes.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:12:04 AM
Hi Coati, We chose matching bands that are 18k yellow and plain, except for 3 platinum wraps that copy the side wraps on my ering, except that these have millgrain on them, like the bezel. Have not had time to take any pics of those yet, but will soon.

I love the plain bands with the wraps--and yours sound lovely!

Love the top shot of your ring--very delicately balanced.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter, that is such a lovely ring and setting; you found a great stone. Congratulations on your engagement!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I''m glad I came back to look again-there''s more pictures! I love that head on shot-it''s so beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:42:07 AM

Date: 2/16/2009 11:28:27 PM
Hi BB,
Hi Aj - I have been awaw from the computer so much -
sorry to make you wait ... especially since I was bugging you for photos not long ago! I do have a couple of new ones for you.
Not at all BB! Sorry to ask again, I just wasn''t sure if you saw..
I really appreciate you taking the new pics, it looks so pretty from every angle
face23.gif

Thankyou!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, what a GORGEOUS! ring!!!!
30.gif
It is just my taste, I adore it. Lovely!!!
30.gif
30.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:30:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
You are so funny! Yes, I would wait until AFTER you are married to hint for an anni band. Haha
Hi Tacori, and thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I didn''t see it in time to heed it.... Oops.
27.gif

FI and I were talking in the kitchen tonight and he was browsing a site for hunting and guns. I very casually pointed out that we each have our things we like .... well, the discussion was all lighthearted, and ended with both of us laughing and him asking how many years - 3? I said probably 5 wouldn''t be too long...
17.gif

Funny thing is, I can remember a time when a diamond didn''t create this response in me. I think it gets worse as we age. Come to think of it, that would be a great reward for growing older, right?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it, BB! Congratulations!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei - see my reply to Tacori above!

Thank you so much, Burk.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, risingsun! I still have quite a ways to go in catching up with your ring, though - man alive!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
frenchblue and mochi - thank you both!

You know, I honestly didn''t care too much for bezels until I saw JM''s rings. Looking back on my various posts here, I did say two tone, and nature inspired design were a goal, although I really thought it would be a 6-prong.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:24:30 PM
Author: TravelingGal
BB gorgeous, congrats! But if you don''t mind me saying, you need to post those pics larger...in your first series, it was hard to see any details, at least for my blind eyes.
You''re right, TravelingGal and of course I don''t mind your saying ... I appreciate it. I will try to resize and post just a few. Don''t want to overload the boat.

BB-217-Valentine001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results