shape
carat
color
clarity

My James Meyer Leaf & Vine for Valentines Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous...I love it!!!
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 4:39:22 PM
Author: ButterBean
Oh, I know...
BB215-milkweed002.jpg

That is the money shot
30.gif
, your fireball looks like it is about to explode in colour.

Congrats on your engagement and your new beautiful ring :D

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 4:53:59 PM
Author: Circe
So lovely! The proportions are perfect, and it looks great on your hand! Could you post bigger/closer shots? I''d love to see some of the detail-work ....
Hi Circe, I will try to enlarge a few. I so appreciate your comment - the ring is a sz 7, so I wasn''t sure the stone was large enough to look right.

Diana Banana - Thank you!

DSC_6144.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi Akmiss, Loriken and Skippy!
35.gif
Thank you for taking time to post. My apology for being so late to reply.
Circe - here''s another one for ya.

DSC_6143.JPG

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi HollyS
35.gif

Yes, it is rather unusual. I know it won''t appeal to everyone, but I am such a nature-girl! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
trees, leaves, vines, berries, etc.
So when I saw this one - I knew it was THE one. There are so many pretty settings to choose from, but this one CHOSE ME, I think.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 10:55:56 PM
Date: 2/15/2009 4:41:57 PM

Author: coatimundi

Oh BB!!
30.gif
It''s so lovely! Congratulations! I really love the two tone--gorgeous!

I adore your ring!
36.gif

...and I love the leaf and vine--so pretty!

Oh Coati - see what you''ve inspired?? It is truly so much more delicate than I imagined it would be. I do love two tone, and only wish it had a bit more platinum. Unfortunately the wedding rings are already made, or I might have done a bit more there..... unless......hmmm not sure. Need to think a while on it.

But thank you, truly. I found Jim only through you!

I can''t wait to see the bands! Which bands?

It''s an exquisite ring. I love the fine details--I bet you can''t stop admiring it!
1.gif
I love the warmth of the yellow gold.

I''m glad I could help you find JM!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Packrat, Linda W and LtlFirecracker. You are ALL so very kind.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 5:50:27 PM
Author: paeony
Wow Butterbean!! Its So lovely! I''ve been anxious to see it! I love the leaf/vine design!! It is so delicate and really showcases the stone amazingly!
Jim has my OEC to set (although my setting won''t be as delightfully intricate as yours)-- this just makes me appreciate his workmanship so much more!
I can''t wait to see more pics!
Also, what are your thoughts on the two-tone?
You love this one too? It would be wonderful for mine to have a cousin! I can''t wait to see which you get ... any hints??
His workmanship is excellent, truly. The millegraine is a teensy as it could possibly be.

I do love it, but kind of wish it had just a bit more platinum ... that''s really the only thing I would do differently looking back on my expectations and the actual finished piece.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for writing, Cat Mom, Wistful Aurora, CdnBling Gal and Motown Mama!
How nice of you to say those things.

And Rock of Love - thank you also. The bezel and side wraps are platinum , but I believe he might make some settings of white gold also.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Yes, neverendingupgrade, his detail is so fine on that bezel, because the tiny little wheel he uses to make it is absolutely miniscule. He showed it to use when we visited his studio.

Kcoursolle - what do you think of an anniversary band something like yours, but with European stones, to sit next to it? Can I ask you what the weights are of yours?

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 6:51:08 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
This has to be my most favorite ring on PS
30.gif
Awwww, really? What a sweet thing to say! I have a number of favorites, so I better not start naming or else I would probably forget one.
Are you into nature like me?

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 6:55:09 PM
Author: Upgradable
Love, love, love those culet pics!!! What a gorgeous outcome!!!! I hope you love it forever!!!!!!!!!
Hi Upgradeable! I was wondering when I would hear from you.
28.gif

You got me hooked on the old cut for sure!

I can tell you that the color was a bit lower than the seller stated, but I guess that was okay, as I really loved to look at it, no matter what the color. And it does face up nicely white.

I agree that it''s gorgeous and I''m sure I will love it forever. It may have to get a little company one of these days, though.... You guys on here are such enablers! It''s hard not to look.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
beautiful

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!

WOW - your ring is seriously GORGEOUS!! The stone is soo fiery and the setting is so delicate - I just LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love that ring!! Congrats on a gorgeous stone and setting!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I adore James Meyer''s bezels! Lovely ring!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!
19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I''ve never seen a ring like yours and I love it! What are you thinking for the wband?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wowza! It''s GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning! I love your photos of the profile, too! Wear it in good health!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning and so unique! I would love a ring like that -- I''m a nature girl too!! Love the leaf design!!!!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 11:54:58 PM

Date: 2/15/2009 5:50:27 PM
Author: paeony
Wow Butterbean!! Its So lovely! I''ve been anxious to see it! I love the leaf/vine design!! It is so delicate and really showcases the stone amazingly!
Jim has my OEC to set (although my setting won''t be as delightfully intricate as yours)-- this just makes me appreciate his workmanship so much more!
I can''t wait to see more pics!
Also, what are your thoughts on the two-tone?
You love this one too? It would be wonderful for mine to have a cousin! I can''t wait to see which you get ... any hints??
His workmanship is excellent, truly. The millegraine is a teensy as it could possibly be.

I do love it, but kind of wish it had just a bit more platinum ... that''s really the only thing I would do differently looking back on my expectations and the actual finished piece.
Thanks for your response, ButterBean! I have had the leaf & vine design saved on my computer for a long time! -- and after seeing your pics, I really prefer the leaves in gold, his detail on them are beautiful!

Let me ask a question about the two-tone.. my ring is going to be an interpretation of style 1320 (on rings page-- the one with the purple sapphire)
Imagine it with a diamond, round (and much smaller, at that!), blue sapphire side stones, plat. bezel and addition of plat wraps. (the rest in YG)
Do you think since my diamond is small and the side beads (?) are small (so the wraps won''t be too far from the bezel) that the design will be compact enough that I won''t need to add more plat?

I''m very interested to see what you think/suggest! (p.s. after seeing your ring, I almost called him up and said-- change everything, I want the leaf/vine!!-- I love it!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are so funny! Yes, I would wait until AFTER you are married to hint for an anni band. Haha

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 2:30:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
You are so funny! Yes, I would wait until AFTER you are married to hint for an anni band. Haha
LOL!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congrats!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
His work is beautiful. Congrats on your lovely ring
36.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so lovely. The setting is fabulous and the stone glitters like crazy. I love it from the top, but then seeing the cutlet, why I think I''d be turning your hand around all day to see it. Congratulations again on your engagement.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both April Baby and Platinum rock! Sorry to be very late in catching up here.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
To Snlee and Pixley: You are too kind, but it''s much appreciated.
1.gif

Really, even though it suits me to a T, compared to all of your VERY impressive rings, mine is so modest!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results