shape
carat
color
clarity

My James Allen custom solitaire is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 9:50:46 AM
Author: Patty
...Don''t you dare lie to your friends and tell them it''s a CZ.
38.gif

Wear that baby with pride!
36.gif

WHAT SHE SAID!!!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Kristy Darling....OMG!!! That is one incredible and I do mean incredible ring. The setting...the boulder...the way it looks on your finger is....unbelievable. You have the ultimate solitaire and it is gorgeous. Wear it with pride.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Kristy -

OMG, your ring is amazing! What a beautiful upgrade. If I were you, I''d be outside all day...and even from your cameraphone pix I can tell how much that thing *sparkles~!*

Congrats!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just GORGEOUS!!! I am sooo jealous, you are one lucky lady!
36.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 2:39:15 PM
Author:KristyDarling
My ring is here and I''m on cloud 9!
36.gif
Although I''m keeping my original e-ring, I''ll wear this piece when I want some extra bling! (uh, so I guess every day) And I''m very, very grateful to my sweet hubby for agreeing to this whole thing!

Jim at James Allen Diamonds and his jeweler, John Dickinson, are responsible for this work of art. I gave them a photo of my ''inspiration'' piece, which was a signature solitaire by Lockes. Based on multiple conversations with Jim and me, John modified the design to fit my stone, took some creative license with the head and prongwork, and came up with the beauty below! I can''t say enough good things about my experience with these two gentlemen. Jim worked really, really hard to find the right stone for me within my budget, and I received a lot of personalized attention. Aside from being very knowledgeable, responsive, and having the best diamond prices, he''s a super-nice guy and easy to work with.
1.gif
His jeweler John is a a true artist and perfectionist, he even rejected the first casting because it didn''t quite meet his standards. Bottom line: I would vouch for James Allen Diamonds and his custom work in a heartbeat.

Stone info: 3.56 carats RB. AGS0 ideal, H SI1. 56% table, 60.9% depth, 35.4 pav angle, 40.9 crown angle. SPARKLES LIKE MAD.

Ring info: platinum size 4. 2.5mm wide shank comfort fit (quite rounded and substantial). Four 2-pointer surprise diamonds under each of the 4 prongs.

I apologize in advance for the poor hand shot (taken on my cameraphone). My home PC crashed and it''ll be awhile before I can post real digital photos. In the meantime, I hope you''ll enjoy these pics that were taken by John Dickinson. (I don''t know how to put multiple photos in one post, so please bear with me as I post away.)
Just out of curiosity, what is the size of the original e-ring? Did you make a HUGE jump, or was it from an enormous 2.5 ct to a ginormous 3.5ct?

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 3:55:16 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Thanks so much for the compliments! I''m so glad that I can share my joy with all you nice PS folks. No one in my life (except DH) knows about this ring...I''m kinda embarrassed about its opulence. I''m only 32 and I''m sure the ring will draw its fair share of snarky comments, jealousy, etc. I haven''t told any of my friends...when they notice it, I''ll probably tell white lies, such as ''It''s a CZ'' (sacrilege, I know!) or that I inherited it or something.

Nonetheless, I''m ecstatic and have been totally unable to concentrate here at work! I snuck out of work in order to take this picture in the sunlight. Again, it''s a cameraphone shot and isn''t great. In fact, none of the pics I posted really do the ring justice. I wish wish wish my home PC was working!!
It''s fantastic...and don''t tell them it''s a CZ! Let them know that it''s just how much your husband loves you! And, holy moly, he must love you a whole lot!!
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
HOT DAMN!!!!
emotion-15.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2005 3:55:16 PM
Thanks so much for the compliments! I''m so glad that I can share my joy with all you nice PS folks. No one in my life (except DH) knows about this ring...I''m kinda embarrassed about its opulence. I''m only 32 and I''m sure the ring will draw its fair share of snarky comments, jealousy, etc. I haven''t told any of my friends...when they notice it, I''ll probably tell white lies, such as ''It''s a CZ'' (sacrilege, I know!) or that I inherited it or something.
KristyDarling....I wouldn''t do this for just anyone but I can''t stand to see a PS sister suffer soooo, send it to me hon, then ya won''t have to worry about what others think. I''ll wear it for you and tell everyone I know that it''s your ring. When you feel more comfortable sporting such opulence, I promise to send it back. Really I will. You can trust me, really you can
9.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Hot Damn again, love it!
36.gif

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely jaw dropping. You should wear that baby with pride and a humongous smile. Don't worry about what people say or think. Your husband bought this as a gift of love. I hope you wont hurt his feelings by telling your friends it's fake. Flaunt it and listen to Patty.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Holy mother of GAWD! That thing is huge! I want one! Congratulations!
36.gif
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the warm fuzzies, guys! If PS weren''t here, I''d probably be imploding right now.
21.gif
I feel like I''m in a dream, I know how absolutely lucky I am. I still don''t know how I''m going to address matters when my friends/relatives notice the ring. Some of my friends (who sport 2+ct rocks themselves) probably won''t even blink twice. Others, however, will give me the "are you crazy" lecture, no holding back. Ugh, we''ll see. But to answer some of your questions....

NJC: yes, the surprise diamonds are 2-pointers.

Researcher: nope, no relation.

Jaysonsmom: my original e-ring is 1.37ct RB, EVS1 but very poor cut. (looks dark in the middle)

Matata: thank you for your generous offer.
3.gif
I''ll be sure to keep you in mind should I not be able to overcome my phobia of wearing this thing around my friends/family.

I promise, pictures to come late Friday/early Saturday.
9.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait for more pics!! I hear ya on the concern about showing friends and family. Good luck and let us know what they say. I''m a bit anxious about my mom seeing my new stone when I go down for Thanksgiving, but I kind of doubt she''ll notice. If she does, I can just say, "No, what are you talking about. It''s always been this size."

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 6:12:24 PM
Author: Demelza
Can''t wait for more pics!! I hear ya on the concern about showing friends and family. Good luck and let us know what they say. I''m a bit anxious about my mom seeing my new stone when I go down for Thanksgiving, but I kind of doubt she''ll notice. If she does, I can just say, ''No, what are you talking about. It''s always been this size.''

i am feeling the same way. if i show around a big 2.13 carat rock poeple will think my or my BF have lost it! not to mention i am sorta scared i''ll get knocked in the head for it (but, i am just the paranoid type)

anyways- both of you have GORGEOUS & BEAUTIFUL rocks!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
What a classic, unique design! And the stone is just
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
....Congrats on the wonderful upgrade!!! And PUHLEASE do not be ashamed of it, and definitely do not tell anyone it is fake!
40.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m speechless....
3.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
That is an amazing ring and it''s fantastic on your slim elegant fingers! Wear it with pride you lucky girl!!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OH HOLY GOODNESS!!!
30.gif

Not only is that diamond an absolute boulder, but your custom setting is sooooooo pretty!!! I looooove the fact that you did classic Tiffany-ish with those super fun surprise diamonds for that special touch! Wowsers, I''m in love!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy, your ring is soooo fabulous! It pretty much spans the width of your finger--it''s so deliciously huge! Congratulations!

Date: 11/3/2005 6:09:26 PM
I still don''t know how I''m going to address matters when my friends/relatives notice the ring. Some of my friends (who sport 2+ct rocks themselves) probably won''t even blink twice. Others, however, will give me the ''are you crazy'' lecture, no holding back. Ugh, we''ll see.
I''m about to get a bigger diamond too (no where near the size of yours) so I know how you feel. It might feel a little teeny bit too indulgent but we deserve it!!! YAY for you Kristy!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
oh what a gorgeous ring...it looks beautiful with the band, too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMP for more Christmas droolers...I am daydreaming today...

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
WOW
30.gif
, resus needed....thats the most beautiful looking ICEBERG I''ve ever seen.

Please wear it with confidence and pride, your friends should be delighted for you- but possibly in shock and suffering from Snow Blindness,.... advise taking some Brandy with you!

Sorry, I''m getting delirious... keeps making me think of analogies with Everest and K9.... you may need a St Bernard?

I hope you have tinted windows in your car- imagine the sun shinning on that ''baby'' in mid summer!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, its AWESOME, (please don''t pretend its a CZ)... ENJOY IT.
36.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Jaw Droppiing

Drooooooooooolinnnnnnnggggg.....

Jaw Droppiing

Jaw Droppiing

Jaw Droppiing

Truly Magnificent. Wear it in the best of health.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results