shape
carat
color
clarity

My Introduction

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Price Scopers!

I am now finally a lady in waiting. I am in my 30s and have waited a long time and kissed a lot of frogs to meet Mr. Right and I'm happy to say it has finally happened for me! :love:

The day BF and I met was totally random as we were just out together with mutual friends. I was there with my male roommate and BF was invited by my roommie also. We were at a bar and my future BF saw my roommie talking to me and thought I was cute and asked to be introduced. It turns out BF had asked to live with roommie, but I had stolen his room! :lol:

When BF got himself introduced to me I thought nothing of him dating-wise as I was getting over a break-up of which my ex did not see the same future I did (marriage and kids)...and I had been a serial monogamist with none of my relationships ending in engagement or marriage, so it was making me cynical that I would ever find the right match for myself (my exes are an issue that would be good entertainment for another thread...any thread suggestions? :lol: ). That and BF was somewhat younger than me and a LOT younger than ex-BF, so if ex-BF was not old enough for marriage, how could BF? So I did not really see BF as dating material that first night.

I must have had marriage on the brain because that first night BF and I confided to each other that what we wanted was marriage and kids! All the advice I read on relationships tells you this is NOT the first conversation to have with a new date...since I did not consider him dating potential I took the plunge! He told me he was sick of going out with ladies in their early 20s who just wanted to party all the time, were not reliable or were clingy. I am an independent woman with an established career, friends, and lifestyle, completely opposite of what we was used to. He had been working full-time since graduating high school and was ready to settle down, but none of the girls his age were like that. Our conversation paid off because shortly after we met, BF and I became inseparable! After four months together he even moved in with roommie and I! :lol:

Now BF and I have been together for almost three years and lived together for over two of them. We love each other so much and get along great! We have only had two fights that were biggies, but we were able to sort them out amicably. My BF is so respectful and sweet. He really is a relationship-guy. Everyone who meets him loves him and my friends are happy for me (finally!). We both have nice families. We were also talking about engagement last year, but we ended up buying a house. I thought maybe it would happen Christmas , or Valentine's Day this year, or my birthday, but alas, it had not happened... :confused: Well finally last month BF took me to look at rings! I am certain he has purchased one (which I will discuss in another thread). He knew which one I was in love with. Now I'm just waiting for the proposal....he has a few options like we are going on vacation to the Caribbean in the fall. But that is so far away! I hope he does not wait that long!

I am happy to share my story and read others! Thanks for listening!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Glad to hear you and your man are in synch, as it is so important to building a life together. Hope your stay is short and sweet.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!!! :)

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Exciting time for you!!!! Welcome!!!!

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
Eeeek! Welcome! I can't imagine how nerve-wracking it must be to KNOW he has the ring! Hope you don't have to wait too long to wear it :bigsmile:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
delta_loves_alpha|1308771447|2952203 said:
Eeeek! Welcome! I can't imagine how nerve-wracking it must be to KNOW he has the ring! Hope you don't have to wait too long to wear it :bigsmile:

I know! It is hard to know my beauty is lurking somewhere in our house. But I'm a good girl and I haven't tried to hunt it down ...yet. ;-) Hopefully the wait doesn't make me go crazy! :cheeky:

sjm

Rough_Rock
Welcome!!!! Seems like your stay might be short and sweet! Thanks for letting us come along for the ride with you!

Miss_GG

Rough_Rock
Ohhh how exciting!! I hope you're stay is short and sweet!

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
welcome!! :wavey:

How exciting for you! Hope your stay is short and sweet :love:

tracerr00

Rough_Rock
I'm a newbie too! Welcome! You're a better person that I am because if I knew the ring was in the house, I'd be looking around every chance I got! :lol: I hope he doesn't wait until fall. I suspect that I've got a ring on the way as well and the wait is killing me! Looking forward to hearing about the proposal when it happens!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I was home alone on Friday and it was really tempting to just peek around, but I didn't do it. LOL

Thanks everyone and I hope all of our stays are short and sweet :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results