shape
carat
color
clarity

My Internet Emerald Cut Diamond Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaye

Rough_Rock
My grandmother used to say "The heck with the good old days." Except she used another work besides heck. I was starting to have a not good flashback to my original engagement diamond shopping, circa 1978. Kind of like automobile and furnture shopping, only worse. Anyway, I will pile my accolades on to the many that have been expressed in other testimonials there relief and good fortune in finding Pricescope.

What a huge difference in my diamond buying experience from 1978 to now. Hubby and I are celebrating our twenty fifth anniv. soon and, thank goodness, I found this site. I''ve been sporting a .5 carat round in a very slim yellow gold setting. I tried on some rings at a local B & M store and was very attracted to the emerald cut. I''ll will relay my favorite anecdotes from my traditional retail experiences curing this diamond search in another post.

I do not live in a major metro area, therefore, I wasn''t able to go view a group of three or four emerald cut stones to get a feel for the variations in colors, etc. etc. Based on the advice given here, I really liked the idea of an independent appraiser. Well, it turns out that Richard Sherwood is located about thirty miles from us. Within a couple of e-mails with Richard I narrowed down my parameters and wrote to about six internet vendors. All responded promptly and professionally.

I knew I wanted to view three to four stones. Based on my parameters and prices; GOG, Whiteflash and Engagement Rings Direct provided stones for my consideration. They were all very willing to get the stones to Richard and, for those of you with limited time during the day, 90% of all of this was done via e-mail. The phone calls were very informative, prompt replies back. You''ve read it all here before, but I''ll say it again. These folks treat customers right.

So, Richard Sherwood, my husband and I met with four gorgeous stones. Honestly, they really all were beautiful. Had I not not made my choice as a consumer to see a group of stones and pick one from a group, any one of them, I would have been proud to wear. We picked the one that spoke to us. So here are the stats.

GIA cert
Emerald Cut
1.11 ct.

VS1
E
7.six four x 5.1four x three.1five (sorry a couple of my number keys don''t work)
Depth: sixty one. three %
Table: sixty one %
Thin to slightly thick
Crown Height 11.8%
Pavillion Depth: fortyfive. four%
Culet: None
Polish Good, Sym Good
Fluor None
Price Four thousand nine hundred sixty five.

The girdle is only thin for a small section where the natural encroaches on the girdle from the paviliion side.
Idealscope: Very good light return.

Richard was so very professional and made the experience fun and relaxing. We checked this stone out in every imaginable light. All of you younger, about to get engaged folks.....you are blessed with this option for shopping.

Now I look forward to looking at the custom setting that is being pulled together over the next couple of weeks.

appl.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Great story, Jaye. Congratulations!
appl.gif

Can you post pictures?
lickout.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Jaye. Can't Wait to see pic's..
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jaye! Great idea to have several stones shipped in for review. What type of setting are you putting it into?

jaye

Rough_Rock
I will have to do a search and get squared away on how to get a pic on here. It may be a few days.

Basically, the setting is going to have a four prong for the center stone and channel set baguettes set into a band. I wear a four and a half size and I tried on a particular ring that I thought felt very comfortable. I think he said a square shank?? and he noted keeping the sides as thin as possible.

Originally I thought I wanted two tone, but I've been led by my stone to go for 18kt. white gold. I was also toying with platinum, but the weight and just not particularly feeling like I have a real strong feeling either way has taken me to the 18kt. white gold decision.

wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That is a great story!! You shopped practically with one of the BEST. Dave is GREAT and your diamond sounds GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see the pics!!
3.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It was great fun working with Jaye in her search, and I ended up getting a free adjustment from her chiropractor husband right while sitting in my office chair.

I love this business...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another congrats from your friendly neighborhood Rhino. I thank you for being able to participate in the roundup and appreciate the kind words Jaye.

Warm regards,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FREE BACK ADJUSTMENT? I can't wait till they fly up to NY.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrates!!
I cant wait to see the pictures! :}

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Jaye:

Pleased that we could be a part of this important purchase and thanks for the positive feedback.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results