shape
carat
color
clarity

My husband gave me my upgrade today! My very own BGD sparkly to share!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
When my husband asked me if I wanted to upgrade my ring for our 4 year anniversary coming up in April, I shrieked YES! Would I ever turn down an upgrade? HAHA!

I wanted to go with the Truth solitaire from Brian Gavin Diamnds because I loved how it showcases the stone and the details on the side. We looked through pictures on PS of the legato and truth to get some ideas. My husband wanted heart shaped prongs to represent the 4 years we''ve been together and I wanted the ring to represent our lives today. I decided to get 2 pink sapphires inside the shank to represent our 2 beautiful daughters and our wedding anniversary engraved because my 2nd daughter was born on our anniversary date in 2009.

I am trying not to be too lengthy explaining the background, but I am on cloud 9 and I cannot stop staring at my finger.

I wasn''t expecting the ring to arrive already. I thought it would be here late this week or early next week. My husband is a very sweet man, but he''s always been very transparent. He''s not very good at surprises and usually leaves any type of planning up to me. I never mind this since I''m a bit of a control freak.
12.gif
Well, this morning, he volunteered to drop the kids off at day care. He starts work later on Wednesdays, but I usually drop the kids off on my way to the office. I didn''t think anything of it, and thought it was sweet of him. I was home all day yesterday with our sick 10 month old, so it was nice to get a short break before going into work. He said to wait for him to come back before I leave, said something about the garbage (it''s garbage pick up day), and still I thought nothing of it because well, I was taking my sweet time, checking emails, responding to PS threads
28.gif
, etc etc.

When he got home, he pulled me into his arms, told me he loved me, then got down on one knee. I didn''t really understand what was going on because I was in the middle of responding to a PS thread. He said a bunch of sweet things to me, about the kids, about me being a wonderful wife
5.gif
, reached in his pocket, and pulled out the ring and slipped it on my finger.

He said he wanted to wait until we went to Vegas next weekend, but he honestly didn''t know what he would do with the ring in the meantime. Also, he knew how I''ve been waiting for it, and haven''t been able to stop talking about it.

Anyway, here are the glamour shots Lesley sent to me this morning. She has been great to work with. She is a very gracious lady and was patient with me no matter how many questions I asked. I highly recommend Brian Gavin Diamonds to anyone that is shopping for jewelry. They really take care of their customers.

BrianGavin_Truth1_030210.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!!!!! And what a sweet story!!! Congrats!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely hubby you have! Your story was heartwarming. You MUST have more photos to share with us?!!
9.gif

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You can see the sapphires in this one.

BrianGavin_Truth2_030210 resized.JPG

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Another

BrianGavin_Truth3_030210.jpg

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sorry guys! I had a hard time resizing the 2nd picture.

BrianGavin_Truth4_030210 resized.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! and what a great story behind the ring!!!

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you princessplease, Maise and Bella.

Bella - we named my 10 month old Isabella and call her Bella. So I am very fond of your name.
1.gif

I will work on the hand shots tonight.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story! And, a lovely, lovely ring! Congratulations!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those little sapphires in the band! Can you give us the stats on your new beauty?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love it! The pink stones are a great touch too! What a sweet husband. I have a 10 month old too that keeps me on my toes so it is well deserved! Congrats and enjoy!

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you SparklyOEC!

I just have to add that I LOVE the prongs on this ring. In person, you cannot really tell they are heart shaped unless you stare at them. They are so delicate looking. And I can see through the stone in this setting! I love it!

Maise, here are the stats.

.794 BGD Signature round
I color/VS2 clarity
5.93 x 5.96 x 3.66
Table %: 56.3
Depth %: 61.5
Crown %: 15.2
Crown Angle: 34.7
Star %: 48.0
Pav Angle: 40.7
Pavillion %: 42.9
Lower Girdle %: 77.0
Girdle Min-Max %: 1.7-3

It''s not huge (my definition of huge = anything bigger than 1 carat) like the upgrades I see here on PS, but it is a great size for me.
5.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, how sweet! Beautiful ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary! your ring is just beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a GORGEOUS and meaningful ring! Congratulations!!!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
That is one thoughtful hubby you have there. And that ring is beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversay! Lovely, lovely upgrade!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so pretty! Love the setting - LOVE the prongs!! What was your original ring like btw?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, happy anniversary
36.gif

Your upgrade is just lovely - and what a sweet way to do it, too
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful anniversary gift!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful anniversary gift - congrats! And I love the sentiment behind the ring (and the adorable surprise sapphires!)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary! Handshots? :D

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary - it''s beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YUM!

cheers--Sharon

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! What was your original e-ring?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade and your anniversary!!! Your new ring is lovely!!! It''s absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the hidden gems for your daughters!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see some handshots if you have any. I bet that thing will do some awesome fire shots too!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!! I love the setting and the stone is gorgeous, congrats!!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Lovelyhearts it came out gorgeous! I love the truth head solitaire, its perfect! The diamond is flawless..and the pink sapphires are such a pretty touch! I am so glad you got the ring, such a sweet story! Enjoy that beauty!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results