shape
carat
color
clarity

My Holloway Diamonds eBay bargain!

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share with you all my beautiful Holloway Diamonds ring I picked up on eBay.

It is an 18kt White Gold Princess Cut diamond ring with split rail bead set diamond band.
The centre stone is an ideal cut Princess cut diamond weighing 0.72ct, Colour H, Clarity SI1. It features 188 bead set diamonds on every surface of the ring.

This thing is SO beautiful in real life. The pics on eBay just didn't do it justice. The quality of the ring is exceptional. Even the inside surface has a beautiful scroll design.

I apologise in advance for the quality of pics. Not too good at this diamond photography!

Thanks for looking :twirl:

021 (800x600).jpg

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Some more pics

022 (800x565).jpg

024 (800x600).jpg

025 (600x800).jpg

026 (600x800).jpg

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
And more again :)

027 (800x600).jpg

028 (800x600).jpg

029 (800x600).jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, congratulations.

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I am very happy with it!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring....gotta love a ebay bargain :appl:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! I love that fire shot!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!

Did you feel worried about buying something so expensive on Ebay? I sometimes wish I was more brave when it comes to Ebay. I buy a lot of household things, ornaments etc but I don't know if I would buy a diamond. I would worry it wouldn't be what I hoped for.

MrsDubDeez

Rough_Rock
Trade
what a great bargain!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! So much fire! Congrats on an exceptional EBAY purchase!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
This is stunning!!!! :naughty:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is just gorgeous, I love it!! Congrats on such a great find, wear it in health and happiness!

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Maisie said:
Lovely ring!

Did you feel worried about buying something so expensive on Ebay? I sometimes wish I was more brave when it comes to Ebay. I buy a lot of household things, ornaments etc but I don't know if I would buy a diamond. I would worry it wouldn't be what I hoped for.

Hi Maisie :wavey:

I wasn't particulary worried, as Garry Holloway is a very respected man in the diamond industry I didn't think he would sell just any old diamonds, so I felt confident I was getting a good deal. I also paid with PayPal so I had buyers protection. As soon as I got it I raced into my jeweller to make sure it was real etc. He was VERY impressed to say the least!

All that being said, I wouldn't ordinarily make a diamond purchase off eBay as I'm not that knowlegable when it comes to buying them. So hard to tell quality from pictures. It was just that I knew Garry's reputation. And I checked out Garry's website and the ring is still pictured on there.

It came with 2 valuations, all receipts etc too.

Cheers :)

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I really love it :love:

I purchased it as a RHR. Photos are taken on my left finger as I'm right handed and can't take photos with my left hand lol!

Thanks again :D

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
blingmemore said:
Maisie said:
Lovely ring!

Hi Maisie :wavey:

I wasn't particulary worried, as Garry Holloway is a very respected man in the diamond industry I didn't think he would sell just any old diamonds, so I felt confident I was getting a good deal. I also paid with PayPal so I had buyers protection. As soon as I got it I raced into my jeweller to make sure it was real etc. He was VERY impressed to say the least!

All that being said, I wouldn't ordinarily make a diamond purchase off eBay as I'm not that knowlegable when it comes to buying them. So hard to tell quality from pictures. It was just that I knew Garry's reputation. And I checked out Garry's website and the ring is still pictured on there.

It came with 2 valuations, all receipts etc too.

Cheers :)

Thank you for replying. I didn't mean to imply that the ring wouldn't be gorgeous. I just wondered if it was a bit scary for you waiting for it to come. I agree that using Paypal is the way to go. If you have problems you can get your money back. :))

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Don't get me wrong, I was watching that postman EVERY day! I was anxious to say the least :errrr:

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful ring!!

would you mind linking me his ebay store?
I never ever thought you could find such a beauty and legit diamond ring on ebay.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just gorgeous! Great find!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
blingmemore said:
It was just that I knew Garry's reputation. And I checked out Garry's website and the ring is still pictured on there
Oh, so the *seller* was Holloway Diamonds? In that case, I can see why you snatched it up!

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
mocha2204 said:
Congrats on your beautiful ring!!

would you mind linking me his ebay store?
I never ever thought you could find such a beauty and legit diamond ring on ebay.

It wasn't sold by Garry Holloway personally, it was privately for sale from a broken engagement but originally purchased from one of Garry's stores. I was meaning to say I did research to make sure it was a legit Holloway Diamonds ring, so I went on his personal website and the ring is still pictured on there in his collections. Sorry to disappoint :(

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Hest88 said:
blingmemore said:
It was just that I knew Garry's reputation. And I checked out Garry's website and the ring is still pictured on there
Oh, so the *seller* was Holloway Diamonds? In that case, I can see why you snatched it up!

Sorry as stated in my previous post, Garry wasn't selling it. The original owner purchased it from Garry's walk-in store. It was from a broken engagement.

I meant to say it is still pictured on Garry's personal store website in his collections of engagement rings.

Sorry for any confusion!

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
ooh..

could you link garry's personal web collection? i googled and cant find it

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh! Whata gorgeous stone and setting! Major congrats, gurl! :appl:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I just love ebay! what a great find! :naughty:

blingmemore

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I have trawled and trawled eBay looking for a RHR for about 6 months and when this one came up I couldn't go past it. Mind you I was watching it for about a month as it never sold so kept getting re-listed and the price was dropping. Then out of the blue, it was sold :blackeye:

Two days later it was re-listed due to the buyer not going through with the transaction! Yay me :appl: ! I wasn't letting it slip away a second time!

I ended up paying $2000 for it, which to me is a bargain. The seller paid $9,200 18 months ago.

I thought I'd post to show that there are good things on eBay if you wait. You hear of so many people getting burned on diamond purchases off eBay. It's nice to hear of a happy story :D

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! What a beautiful ring and an excellent find!! :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
What a great find! It looks like the perfect RHR! :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...I need to spend more time on ebay! Thats gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results