shape
carat
color
clarity

My heart belongs to this wonky sapphire

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The stone and setting are just gorgeous, I love this whole ring!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is lovely - this should be the poster child for color shift gems. It looks great on your hand.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a stone with an incredible personality! So many looks. And the cut is just... SIGH... dreamy. I love antique cut sapphires! Setting perfect. Thank you for sharing so many pictures and its story.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
So ethereally beautiful! As a lover of wonky old cuts, I'm so happy to see this.:appl:Loving all the shades in different lights, just magical.

Did you do the setting in platinum or white gold? (Sorry if I've missed that info.)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire, the color is just amazing, love that setting too!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know how often I can wear an antique turquoise ring like this if I want to keep it in relatively good shape?

Turquoise ring is here!! :kiss2:

Last picture shows the sapphire held over the turquoise with clear tape. I feel like this ring was made for me either way, but I will be super proud if my vision works out.

9022BD5B-A1D6-49B7-85B5-5DE1F22B2E78.jpeg
E70C4F0C-8D75-46E6-BEB4-DF3F9CAD439B.jpeg
76CC8ED4-2D20-4B68-AE05-463D58BAC9C4.jpeg
06F04295-60CE-4D59-AA15-F75FA0C8B70D.jpeg
09708506-4FA1-4E0B-8B8F-8B31FCD02195.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know how often I can wear an antique turquoise ring like this if I want to keep it in relatively good shape?

It's beautiful!
You can wear it often, with some precautions. Be careful not to let it come in contact with harsh liquids, oils, etc. These things can possibly discolor the stone and cause green spots, as turquoise is porous. Do you know anything about treatment? If it was stabilized, it is more durable.
Try to take it off when you wash your hands. Also turquoise is soft, so just be careful not to strike it on a hard surface.

Last edited:

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

It's beautiful!
You can wear it often, with some precautions. Be careful not to let it come in contact with harsh liquids, oils, etc. These things can possibly discolor the stone and cause green spots, as turquoise is porous. Do you know anything about treatment? If it was stabilized, it is more durable.
Try to take it off when you wash your hands. Also turquoise is soft, so just be careful not to strike it on a hard surface.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

You should also be aware that some people's skin chemistry discolors turquoise, turning it dull green. You might want to test your skin chemistry on a less magnificent piece to see whether this is safe for you to wear. (I can't wear turquoise beads against my skin, and I have to be very careful about rings; brooches are okay for me.)

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting! I've had and worn the ring and a half now without issue, but I really don't touch the stone at all. I have another really special ring on the way so I wanted to preemptively ask about turquoise.

You should also be aware that some people's skin chemistry discolors turquoise, turning it dull green. You might want to test your skin chemistry on a less magnificent piece to see whether this is safe for you to wear. (I can't wear turquoise beads against my skin, and I have to be very careful about rings; brooches are okay for me.)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Interesting! I've had and worn the ring and a half now without issue, but I really don't touch the stone at all. I have another really special ring on the way so I wanted to preemptively ask about turquoise.

If you've worn it for a while with no issue, you probably don't have turquoise-ruining skin. Still, it might not be a bad idea to get a cheapo turquoise ring and wear it to the gym for a while, just to see if it turns.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Oh thanks for sharing this. Did some reading so it seems all sorts of stuff can discolor turquoise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results