shape
carat
color
clarity

My Harry Winston Inspired Halo Ring by Steven Kirsch!

winstongirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I originally posted this under the RockyTalk forum but it was suggested that I place the post here. Apparently, this is where we should "brag shamelessly" about our bling! :)

I am a student of Pricescope and if it were not for this site, I don't think I could have ever gotten my dream ring! I have been eyeing Harry Winston's "The One" Halo Cushion ring for several years, so when my boyfriend surprised me with a proposal a few months ago, I made it my mission to find a way to replicate the style and quality of the ring as close as possible without having to pay the ridiculous price tag of Harry! I spent hours and hours researching and reading through pricecsope forums learning about diamonds, ring settings,etc...Thanks to to all of you who take the time to share your experiences and expertise! Now, I would also like to give back to the pricescope community by sharing my own experience.

After all of my research and education, I ended up purchasing my loose cushion diamond from ERD and having Steven Kirsch make the
micropave halo setting. I had really positive experiences with both ERD and Steven. After visiting several jewelers, I found that ERD had the best selection of cushion cut diamonds. I know they specialize in antique diamonds but I ended up buying a modern cut. We dealt with Chris from ERD and he was super knowledgeable and patient with us throughout the whole process. Here are the main specs of my diamond:

Carat: 2.02
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Length to Width ration: 1.06
GIA Certified

I had considered getting the setting from ERD as well, but when I met with Steven Kirsch and saw some of his work in person, there really was an obvious difference in the quality of the settings between the two. So we decided to go with Steven, and I am sooo happy that we did! I have to say that at first I was a bit nervous that the ring might not come out exactly how I wanted it just because I'm a pretty picky person to begin with, and I had sent Steven a couple of lengthy emails describing in detail how I would like certain aspects of the ring to be like. After 3 weeks, Steven delivered a ring that was EXACTLY how I wanted it. I was really blown away by how stunning it had turned out! I am attaching some pictures below ( my ring size is 3.5 full to give an idea of scale).

So for anyone who is trying to figure out which jeweler to go with to make their Harry Winston Inspired Micropave halo my vote is for Steven Kirsch!

SK1.jpg

SK2.jpg

SK3.jpg

0722011243.jpg

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Steven's craftsmanship is extraordinary, congrats on your engagement and enjoy your new ring! It looks lovely on you! Best of luck in your future wedding endeavors! ::)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I added it to the eyecandy folder for you :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hooooooo My! Feminine, attractive! Fantastic! Congratulations!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Its a beautiful ring and its looks great on your hand.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and it looks stunning on your hand! I love it! :love: And your right Kirsch is amazing, his pave is tdf! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful. Enjoy and wear it in health and happiness and congrats on your engagement!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is just so gorgeous!!! Congrats!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Chapeau to the jeweller who made your dream come true!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and looks great on your hand! We need more pics!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
He did a great job. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results