shape
carat
color
clarity

My H&A is here!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

genette

Shiny_Rock
Ever since I stumbled upon this site I have been hooked...more like obsessed. I have talked my boyfriend''s ear off about diamonds and have bombarded him with endless pics and info. He told me that we were going to buy a diamond at the end of the year, but he surprised me yesterday with the loose stone from GOG. I am so excited because it was the one I wanted. Here''s a short version of the story:

I have been looking at loose H&A diamonds for a few months from Whiteflash and GOG. I found two on GOG that I liked and I told my boyfriend which one I wanted. Anywho long story short one of two diamonds I wanted was bought, so now there was just that one left. I was so sad. Then, the last diamond was sold and I was disappointed and bitter (not a pretty picture)...anywho the last diamond to be bought was actually bought by my boyfriend and he surprised me with it yesterday. He told me remember that diamond you wanted that someone else bought well that was me. Such a sweetie!!!! Well thanks everyone for your knowledge in the diamond arena. It has helped me alot. The stone is in a temporary setting and I will post pics of when we get the ring custom made hopefully from Whiteflash.

Here''s the specs:

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.29ct
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
Optical Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.81%
Culet: None
Lab Report: GIA
Lab Report #: 14884398
In House: Yes
Width: 7.05mm
Length: 7.09mm
Depth: 4.28mm
Table Percentage: 53.56%
Depth Percentage: 60.53%
Crown Ú: 34.36‹
Crown Depth: 15.55%
Pavilion Ú: 40.88‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.16%
Upper Girdle Ú: 36.78‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.17‹

ring_0021.jpg

ring_0031.jpg

and on my boyfriend''s finger....

ring_0041.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful! Looks huge and so sparkly!

What kind of setting are you thinking about?

genette

Shiny_Rock
At first I was in love with Michael B''s three sided pave princess with diamond prongs, but it is too expensive and I wanted something that would be a classic style and durable. I was advised against pave on the prongs and that it would be too much maintenance, so I think I just want a half eternity. Similar to this:

GS-25316_set.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful surprise to find that it was purchased for you! Sounds like a storybook tale and the stone looks wonderful.

We''ll be waiting for your new ring pics - congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone sure looks pretty - can''t wait to see it set! The picture looks very similar to Mara''s, except for it being semi-eternity.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sweeeeettttt!!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a great surprise!!! I am also getting an H VS2 next week! It''s fun to see one posted here in the meantime! Can''t wait to see pictures after it is set!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that''s what I call a very sweet surprise. It''s gorgeous and I love the setting you picked for it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
She is a stunner! Congrats on your new sparkler!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous..and the setting you posted will surely be a classic..

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and love that setting...it''s going to be spectacular when finished! Lucky girl
2.gif
What a great guy too! Beautiful...congrats
36.gif

RedShoes

Rough_Rock
It looks like Mara''s ring with the four prong setting. It''ll look very blingy i''m sure. great choice

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
What a neat story! Gorgeous diamond and I really like the setting you picked out!
One word of advice, when you try on the setting, see if you can try on the wedding band together with it for a few minutes to make sure it doesn''t slide around on your finger. It depends on how your fingers are, some people can keep them on perfectly lined up and other people (like me!) are constantly chasing the diamond part around to the front, which can get annoying.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
AWWW that is so sweet!!

congratulations on your engagement!

I hope that it will not take too long to make your setting. That is a great choice!

36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you found a great diamond and it is going to be stunning in that setting!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Your diamond is going to be stunning in that setting!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH, what a beautiful stone! That is so cute how your boyfriend surprised you and bought the stone himself, letting you think someone else had bought it. That setting and matching band is great. Bet you will love it!!!!!
21.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oh that stone is scrumptious and you''ve chosen a classic setting that showcases it well.
congratulations!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be a knockout of a ring. That setting is one of my faves and the specs on the stone are superb. Can''t wait to see the finished ring!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty congratulations!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a sweetheart. I''m so glad he got one of the stones you wanted.
it''s lovely

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
OMG!!! H VS2
30.gif
with my dream "specs"
30.gif
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a sweet boyfriend to give you such a wonderful surprise!! It''s beautiful, congratulations!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet boyfriend. Congratulations!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It looks BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats!!
9.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Your fiance is a keeper!! And so is your diamond.....it''s beautiful!!

Chesapeake

Rough_Rock
Very pretty. I''m new to the site and going through trying to get refunded for a deposit made on a ring that I''ve recently learned on this site is, not so great afterall. I''ve learned what WF is but, what is GOG?

genette

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry I just assumed people would know what GOG stood for...silly me at one point I didn''t know what it was either
emteeth.gif
anywho it stands for Good Old Gold. They just like whiteflash have a lot of hearts and arrows if that''s what you are looking for. I do think that I will use whiteflash to do my engagement ring and wedding band but for now we are just glad were half way there and have the diamond I want. Oh and by the way...Welcome!!!! This place is a good educational guide and there are so many wise people on here that will be a big help to you. I am so glad I learned as much as I could in order for my boyfriend to invest in something that was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results