shape
carat
color
clarity

My Green Yummy Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m finally able to post pictures of my precious lil ring :) I''ve had this ring since late november but had no decent camera... and now I do!!!!

It was a gift from my bf for our two year anniversary, he''s so sweet!
1.gif

It''s a 3.25ct Green tourmaline from Mozambique (I''m pretty sure its Mozambique - don''t have the details next to me atm and no idea where they are actually hah) with a bit of a window but I fell in love with the color ... and also was purchased before I even heard of PS and knew what a window was... I really don''t care about the window which is good I guess
3.gif

The setting was bought from lan.bo4 on ebay... I am very happy with it even though sometimes I think its a little crooked... but I am totally in love with this ring so any imperfection really doesn''t bother me!

Pics inc!

img218crop.jpg

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I don''t know how to attach more than one picture per post
4.gif

phpPON0J1PM.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece. The design is lovely and the colour of the stone is gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful minty green tourmaline. It's gorgeous, and I love the setting, very classic. More pics please!!

Did you upgrade the diamonds on the setting? What is your opinion of the diamonds and the workmanship?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tourmaline_Lover and Merrymunky you two are quick =)

here's more
3.gif

pls ignore the scratched up old desk

edit: The workmanship was good I think - I was customized for that stone, which is maybe why I see a lil crookedness in it... I didn't notice it at first though, just after the stone was set... then maybe the stone was badly set? Dunno :) It's not very substantial, ie just like LOGR - it's carved on the inside (not sure thats how you say it heh)

I upgraded the diamonds and the gold. They sparkle ALOT although they are small!

phpMcDeYIPM.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
so pretty! The settings looks quite nice- the quality seems good to you?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you SDL and icekid :)

The quality is good for what you pay for in my opinion. The seller is also nice to deal with albeit has difficulty speaking english :) I'm very happy with the ring
30.gif

one more
3.gif

phpzymrhAPM.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 6:31:38 PM
Author: Deia

here''s more
3.gif

edit: The workmanship was good I think - I was customized for that stone, which is maybe why I see a lil crookedness in it... I didn''t notice it at first though, just after the stone was set... then maybe the stone was badly set? Dunno :) It''s not very substantial, ie just like LOGR - it''s carved on the inside (not sure thats how you say it heh)

I upgraded the diamonds and the gold. They sparkle ALOT although they are small!
I had an LOGR customized for my stone, and the head was not as nice and symmetrical as I would have liked.

What is the side stone carat weight if you don''t mind my asking. I have a lan.bo4 ring and it is very delicate and the diamonds are tiny as well. However, it is two tone, and LOGR didn''t have anything like it that I could do in two tone. I needed a 5mm setting that you could do in two tone.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 7:01:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 1/7/2009 6:31:38 PM

here''s more
3.gif

edit: The workmanship was good I think - I was customized for that stone, which is maybe why I see a lil crookedness in it... I didn''t notice it at first though, just after the stone was set... then maybe the stone was badly set? Dunno :) It''s not very substantial, ie just like LOGR - it''s carved on the inside (not sure thats how you say it heh)

I had an LOGR customized for my stone, and the head was not as nice and symmetrical as I would have liked.

What is the side stone carat weight if you don''t mind my asking. I have a lan.bo4 ring and it is very delicate and the diamonds are tiny as well. However, it is two tone, and LOGR didn''t have anything like it that I could do in two tone. I needed a 5mm setting that you could do in two tone.

The pave is a total of 1.04cts. It''s delicate but it''s not "flimsy" for the lack of a better word. I really love the side view :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh very pretty!!

I was actually looking at that seller last night in case LOGR didn''t work out (their price increase is ridiculous! Ugh!) - I''m glad you like yours. It''s gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. I love the minty colored tormalines.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re right, that IS yummy!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, I love the color of that tourmaline very yummmmmy. What a wonderful boyfriend you have.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. I love the color.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh pretty!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind words :)

I spend soo much time looking at it, I twirl it around my finger so it catches the light.. it''s so much fun! Although I need to stop doing that lol because the other day in the office while on my way to the bathroom, I wasnt looking at where I was going and I banged my head agaisnt a glass door... that was a bit embarrasing
9.gif

I agree Brown Eyed Girl, LOGR upped their prices so much. I honestly think lan.bo4 is just as good, maybe even better, but then I can''t really compare I guess since the LOGR setting I bought was not upgraded in anyway (no gold or diamond upgrade), but this one is.

sparklestick

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring. I am thinking of doing something similar with a peridot.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 5:11:11 AM
Author: sparklestick
I love your ring. I am thinking of doing something similar with a peridot.
Thank you!
4.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did he get the tourmaline if you don''t mind my asking?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 8:32:37 AM
Where did he get the tourmaline if you don''t mind my asking?
We got it from Holts in Hatton Garden here in London. The owner is a woman called Dorothy (who happened to be who we purchased it from - she was very nice) Here''s their website http://www.holtsgems.com

The store is very colorful :) They have a few rings, earrings etc on their website but a lot more in their store, however they mostly sell loose stones. There''s a beautiful fire opal ring on their site I jus saw... yum :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty, thankyou for sharing
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely Ring :)

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Nice setting, I would want to lick it if it was mine, just such a nice delicious color.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - what a lovely ring, and a sweet gift. Love the color of that tourmaline - it seems like it almost glows in the pics
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 8:59:26 AM

Date: 1/8/2009 8:32:37 AM
Where did he get the tourmaline if you don't mind my asking?
We got it from Holts in Hatton Garden here in London. The owner is a woman called Dorothy (who happened to be who we purchased it from - she was very nice) Here's their website http://www.holtsgems.com

The store is very colorful :) They have a few rings, earrings etc on their website but a lot more in their store, however they mostly sell loose stones. There's a beautiful fire opal ring on their site I jus saw... yum :)
Holts have a very good reputation and if memory serves me correctly they also have in-house gemstone cutters.

Your ring looks stunning and it's good to hear a review of that ebay seller. Enjoy wearing it!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Very very cool!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
it looks really beautiful on your hand!!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, everything about it! I love the beautiful green color and the setting!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Again, Thank you!! I didn''t think I would get so many compliments
4.gif
I''m so happy my ring is Pricescope worthy
9.gif

They do have in-house cutters at Holts - I am planning on going back there to oogle a bit hehe :)

We were going to have the setting made there as well, but I decided against it as I wanted some sort of halo etc and it would just have been over our ring budget to have it done with Holts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results