shape
carat
color
clarity

My green tourmaline e-ring is on it''s way...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Check out the original thread in the Colored Gems Forum, but upon BrightSpot's suggestion, I figured I'd post it here, too.

Lana1.jpg
Lana2.jpg
Lana3.jpg
Lana4.jpg

Specs:
Green Tourmaline in "modified princess" cut (octagonal) by Barry Bridgestock and sold by acstones.com. 8.4mm, 3.07 cts. It looks more like it does in my avatar than in these pics.

Setting is custom made in white gold, with 6 2mm diamonds, hand engraving, and faux fishtail prongs.
For those of you who haven't been following my threads (I stick mostly to the CG forum), my BF and I have been on the hunt for thr perfect non-diamond e-ring for sometime. We started with blue sapphires, thought maybe padparadschas, maybe even star sapphires... moved onto emerald, but quickly became more interested in other greens like tsavorites and demantoids. Then I saw this tourmaline and fell absolutely in love with it. The ring is totally unique and totally us. Yay!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you posted it here, so everyone can see it. Of course I have been following your thread in the other forum and was waiting for that pot to boil. It is truly amazing, the detail of the setting is sheer perfection. I for one can''t wait for the hand shots. The stone is awesome!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
21.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i''m glad you posted it here too! that ring is just incredible... can''t wait to see it on your hand
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It looks incredible!! Gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Please, please, please post pics here when that pretty little puppy is on your finger!!
3.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that color is INCREDIBLE. And the setting is perfect. How exciting for you!!!
36.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
This is incredibly incredibly incredibly GORGEOUS!!!!!! Nice to see you went w/ the tourm. The color is really exotic to me. Love the work on the prongs! Damn, that is freggin HOT!

Congradulations lady! You really hit the nail on the head w/ unqiue AND exquisite.
30.gif
30.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! Let us know as soon as you get it b/c we need to have another H-town girls gathering to celebrate and see that stunning ring on your finger in person!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Yummy YUM YUM!!! I NEED to see that bit of eye candy in person!!!

THat is seriously gorgeous!!! that green is just WOW and the pave band just mkes it POP!!!

so pretty please can i see it? I showed you mine, now its only me fair that you show me yours!!!

9.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
that is stunning!!!! i love colored stones, and i''m completely drooling here over your GORGEOUS ring!!!!
9.gif
that green is incredible, I don''t think I''ve ever seen a stone that color, it''s so pretty. it''s so unique, and i love the detail work on the setting. need more pictures!!!
36.gif

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a stunning stone! And very pretty ring design, too! The white diamonds really set off that gorgeous green.
30.gif

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys... you are all so sweet! I can''t wait till I have hand pics for you guys!

Apple and Ginger- We should DEFINITELY have a Houston meetup soon!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
argh!!! i thought it was here now!
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, that is GORGEOUS
30.gif
I love the stone and Michael E. did and incredible job on the setting. yummy!

can''t wait for those hand pics
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you posted your beauty in the SMTR thread! I am just in love with your ring! It''s absolutely perfect!
30.gif

(though, like belle, I got excited when I saw this thread & thought you might have it on your finger...
20.gif
) I can''t wait to see the hand shots! Do you know if your bf has the ring yet?

How are your teeth, btw?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, it is so beautiful! I love the color and the setting is just to die for! Can''t wait to see it on your hand--the anticipation must be killing you!!
30.gif
30.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love it!
1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!! I just love your stone....I''m green with envy!
21.gif

Can''t wait to see pics on your hand
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I haven''t posted until now.
I love it.
It''s nice that you''ll have such a beautiful, unique piece.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This is a fabulous ring! What an incredible shade of green!
30.gif
1.gif
36.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very beautiful and truly unique, I don''t think i''ve ever seen a tourmaline ering before.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So.......when''s it coming??!!! I feel like I''m waiting for the pony express to deliver an important letter! Any day now? UPDATE!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys, you are so sweet! Yes, it is certianly a unique piece, but that''s perfect for me!

The ring is in my BF''s possession. I haven''t seen it in real life yet (only the center stone). It should be presented to me any day now. It''s LIW issue, now!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really??? You must be so excited!!!!! I can''t wait for the hand shots. It''s an amazing ring, truly spectacular!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

Absolutely gorgeous! (I''ve seen your avatar, but rarely read the colored stone forum, so I didn''t know you had this ring design planned!) It''s fabulous.

AMAZING!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Val- I AM SO EXCITED!! YEAH!! :)
30.gif

IT IS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am thinking I should''ve got a colored stone for a center! That is so beautiful, you must be DYING with anticipation!!!!! I don''t know how you contain yourself knowing that is on the way to your finger!!
6.gif

You MUST post pics as soon as you get it!!! I will be holding my breath, so hurry up!
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I just read that your bf has the ring. How exciting!

I hope the wait is not long (I don''t think it will be!) I can''t wait to see it on your finger & hear about his sweet proposal!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I cannot wait to see that gorgeous thing on your finger!! I''ve never seen another e-ring like it, and it''s STUNNING!!!!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Since I am pressed for time, I''ll just cut and paste from the CG post I just did:

I was the recipient of my ring last night... Yay! I''m engaged! Yargle! (Yes, that was an exclamation of utter excitement and joy!)

No pictures yet, unfortunately. It''s gorgeous, though, let me tell you!

Sorry I''ve been so MIA lately. I wrapped up my job and now am getting ready to leave the state (by the end of the month), so things have been pretty stressful around here...

There''s been so many gorgeous threads I wanted to comment on, but no time...

Just like right now... Eek! GTG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results