shape
carat
color
clarity

My Green Marble

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I like the yellow gold :D, I wasn’t against white gold or platinum either would have been fine but I love the design and yellow gold for this stone and setting looks perfect to me.

Yay to the yellow!:love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes me want to start a marble collection :roll2:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is stunning! I love the huge cabochon. I also particularly love your sapphire ring... it has such a gorgeous setting.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lilmosun do it do it!

@distracts aww thank you I love my sapphire, DK did an amazing job on the setting, the stone is not a perfect cut but I haven’t seen one with a nicer color in this country (not that that’s saying much:roll:) when I was buying the emerald one of the dealers had a stunning art nouveau opal ring that had a very similar setting but it was bigger and had amazing rich matt gold :love:. Not sure the opal was anything special I was just mesmerised by the settling lol. Poor old sapphire looks a but dwarfed by the other rings, I would have got a bigger sapphire if I could have afforded one at the time but I just wanted to go for it as I fell in love with the ring design, very unlike me as I would normally wait until I can afford exactly what I want but I haven’t regretted it!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a fabulous Marble, Congratulations, what a lovely gift. I love the colour and the whole ring.

I too love Grays Antique Market, always pop in whenever I’m visiting in London. I know what you mean, there are so many stalls with SOOO much jewellery of all different styles and ages, makes it difficult to choose something.
You’ve done so well with your ring, it’s amazing. Enjoy!

Its a real ‘Showstopper’ of a fantastic Emerald. Wear it a lot with joy and happiness, it’s a fab gift. :love:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the most glorious marble ever! I love the setting. So perfect in every way, I am green with envy! And your sapphire ring is one of the most beautiful I’ve seen.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
So earlier this week my (wonderful amazing) husband took me on a last minute trip to London, he actually suggested the jewellery market Greys Antiques commenting that perhaps I might have a ‘little something’. Now this is the first time that he has ever made a comment like this in our 13 year relationship, needless to say I wasn’t going to look at gift horse in the mouth :lol:

To be honest it’s pretty overwhelming there, there are some truly amazing pieces of jewellery wherever you turn but this caught my eye, namely because of the size of it!

Its not perfect, it’s not unexpectedly pretty included, color is better at a very slight tilt and from the side but hey I’m not a multi millionaire!
It’s a 15 carat Columbian with minor oil, the yellow gold setting is straight from the 70s, retro baby!

I love how it is all about the stone and because it’s not blinded up it doesn’t look ridiculously ostentatious!

So I proudly present my green marble (excuse the scabby hands and rubbish photos )

B6C15C1F-ABE6-480C-976F-6F8DBCC9C6DF.jpeg
F773C82A-E730-43D8-837E-3A11058740A5.jpeg 73B2354F-07CB-425D-A881-DF7505E74BDC.jpeg

That's a wonderful bauble, love the rope gold detail of the setting. I want to go shopping with you.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not great at bling pics but here is a quick go, it’s fair to say that it looks more vibrant irl! In fact as I’m uploading it looks even more washed out on screen :confused:
6E6498EB-2668-4A99-AB4B-783F494A35FE.jpeg CEAC98C7-4C16-42F5-B626-A702DB48A4B1.jpeg B4589F63-0542-46E3-8291-AA8BDF63488D.jpeg
And a couple of photos of an imperfect but worn and treasured small collection!
B865F1E9-0978-42C5-BEFA-14F4A3F2C3DE.jpeg
2505165B-DECC-4691-9200-3FEE631C31A5.jpeg [/QUOTE
All of the rings are yummy

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I would find wearing that ring distracting in a good way. My eyes would always be drawn into that shimmering lake of green.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely amazing!!!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!
@Ceilimom believe me this is not my usual ‘shopping trip’ they normally involve a shopping trolley, two incessantly questioning children and the realisation halfway home that most of what I should have bought I haven’t :cry2:
@Rubybrick thank you for the compliment on my sapphire!
@LisaRN loving that description!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, I love cabs!!!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This is one of those threads that I cannot even comment on because Im just so green with envy! Its too yummy!
DaYTAxLUMAArhX_.jpg

Attachments

• Maleficent's-Staff.png
    Maleficent's-Staff.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 24

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
@meely your New emerald ring is stunning. :love::love::love::love:

I love everything about it. What a cool setting

Enjoy

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of those threads that I cannot even comment on because Im just so green with envy! Its too yummy!
DaYTAxLUMAArhX_.jpg

Love this!

Thanks @Sungura I’ve thought about whether I might reset in the future as mentioned earlier in the thread but I’m just not seeing anything wrong with the retro setting :roll2: i think it’s really cool!

febloxy

Rough_Rock
So earlier this week my (wonderful amazing) husband took me on a last minute trip to London, he actually suggested the jewellery market Greys Antiques commenting that perhaps I might have a ‘little something’. Now this is the first time that he has ever made a comment like this in our 13 year relationship, needless to say I wasn’t going to look at gift horse in the mouth :lol:

To be honest it’s pretty overwhelming there, there are some truly amazing pieces of jewellery wherever you turn but this caught my eye, namely because of the size of it!

Its not perfect, it’s not unexpectedly pretty included, color is better at a very slight tilt and from the side but hey I’m not a multi millionaire!
It’s a 15 carat Columbian with minor oil, the yellow gold setting is straight from the 70s, retro baby!

I love how it is all about the stone and because it’s not blinded up it doesn’t look ridiculously ostentatious!

So I proudly present my green marble (excuse the scabby hands and rubbish photos )

B6C15C1F-ABE6-480C-976F-6F8DBCC9C6DF.jpeg
F773C82A-E730-43D8-837E-3A11058740A5.jpeg 73B2354F-07CB-425D-A881-DF7505E74BDC.jpeg

Gorgeous! And you have beautiful hands... perfect for statement rings. :)

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Love everything about it!
Huge vibrant green marble, retro setting and how you wear it so effortlessly chic on index finger!
Superlative!!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an old thread, so I'm sorry about that but I've just found it. I never knew the origin or the specs for this ring & it's all fabulous!!!! I've admired it from my first sighting---it's one of my favorite rings ever. Truly, truly stunning!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I missed it the first time round too! That’ll teach me to scroll through skim reading thread titles.

It strikes the perfect balance - it’s somehow quietly large. I love the setting and I love it as an index finger ring. I’m quite jealous!

Thank you so much, and yes I agree quietly large. I actually wear it loads it’s comfortable and despite the size not ostentatious and it had to go on that finger! After all when I point at the jobs that need doing to my minions that’s the finger I use!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love everything about it!
Huge vibrant green marble, retro setting and how you wear it so effortlessly chic on index finger!
Superlative!!

Thank you so much! I cannot see me changing the setting it is definitely an effortlessly chic ring (not sure I would describe its wearer as that though!)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know this is an old thread, so I'm sorry about that but I've just found it. I never knew the origin or the specs for this ring & it's all fabulous!!!! I've admired it from my first sighting---it's one of my favorite rings ever. Truly, truly stunning!

Cinders that is so kind of you and totally unexpected, there are some truly spectacular and valuable jewels on this site so to have you say that about my ring is such a compliment. It is by no means a perfect stone but it has a LOT of personality and I feel very lucky to wear it! Plus it is probably my only jewellery purchase that I did not agonise over, it was unexpected and I just went for it as it was a once in a blue moon offer from my husband!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results