shape
carat
color
clarity

My Great-Grandmother's Bohemian Garnet Ring

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My great-grandmother lived to be 103 years old so I was lucky enough to be able to spend quite a lot of my childhood with her. She was a really special lady and a lover of jewelry! When she passed away, the big important jewelry went to her daughters and granddaughter, but I inherited this lovely bohemian garnet ring set in creamy 18k yellow gold, which she used to wear all the time and I had always loved. I rarely wear it but it means a lot to me and I think it is so beautiful. Some of the garnets have little flea bites around the edges and the center stone has some on the facets, but considering its age and wear, its in pretty good condition. I tried to find more bohemian rings on here but to learn more about them, but had no luck. I'd love to get more information about this kind of ring.

photo-15_1.jpg photo-16_1.jpg photo-13_6.jpg photo-14_0.jpg photo-17_1.jpg

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Any ideas of how to figure out generally when it was made? I know there are some made as early as the Victorian period and as late as the 1950's (as well as very modern reproductions). Any info would be most welcome. :wavey: There are a lot of them on Ruby Lane but most of them are in silver, gold plated, or lower kt gold. Mine is stamped 18k so I'm assuming that means it was made in the US or it would have European stamps, but I really have no idea. I promise you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings if you tell me it's not super old or probably not worth much money. 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results