shape
carat
color
clarity

My grandpas gold ring meaning ?

Lpiccolo

Rough_Rock
Hello looking for some info on this ring that was my grandfathers. He was a jeweler so idk if it’s an original design or not but i was hoping someone thought the logo was familiar. It’s got the letters pvs on it and the top looks like 29’ 859EB092-5822-4B08-955A-7CC611E8AA2E.jpeg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Lpiccolo Hmmmm a jewellery mystery! :cool2: Great ring. Hope you get some answers! Welcome to the forum by the way. ;)2

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Hello looking for some info on this ring that was my grandfathers. He was a jeweler so idk if it’s an original design or not but i was hoping someone thought the logo was familiar. It’s got the letters pvs on it and the top looks like 29’ 859EB092-5822-4B08-955A-7CC611E8AA2E.jpeg

I love a good mystery. Do you know what he did for a living? Was he in any fraternal organizations that you know of? Church groups?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
More importantly - do you wear it ?
I love man bling !
And yes, welcome

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A book with a light or candle most likely symbolizes enlightenment through learning or education, so this is most likely a school ring. I say “most likely” because fraternal organizations (or sororities) could use similar symbolism. If “PVS” isn’t related to your grandfather’s initials, it probably stands for P—- V—- School.

The recessed areas on the top of the ring might originally have been filled with enamel - although there’s also the possibility that “Orange peel” texture is just a surface design, since the same texture is used on the shoulders, which most likely would not have been enameled.

ETA - is that a “29” at the top of the ring? That would also point to a school ring of some sort b

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results