shape
carat
color
clarity

My grandmother''s ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently inherited this ring from my grandmother, Helga. I love it, I think of her every time I see it. She wore it every day, and I believe it was given to her when she still lived in Berlin, so she had it since before 1949.

I have no idea what the specs are, and I''m not even sure if the diamonds are OMCs, OECs, or something else. (Any ideas?) The setting is yellow gold, and it fits me perfectly.

I wear it with my wedding band, as pictured. (I''m a horrible photographer, these are the best I could get.)

HelgasRing1.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile:

Helgasring2.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Helgasring3.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

HelgasRing4.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a handshot. That''s it, thanks for looking!

Helgasring5.jpg

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I knew there were more pics to come. So glad I didn''t interrupt your posting.
9.gif

Your grandmother''s ring is beautiful. You''re so lucky to have a sentimental piece that goes so well with your own ring.
30.gif
Very special!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven your grandmothers ring is beautiful. What a lovely remembrance of her. It is truly special.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh Haven, its beautiful!!
30.gif
30.gif

I just love, love, love heirloom pieces like yours.

Without seeing the 2 diamonds up close, I would guess them to be old mine cuts - check out those teensy tables!!

Wear in great health, much love, and lots of happiness always!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
love it, haven. what a lovely sentimental piece. you''re so lucky to have something like this to wear...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love that it is an heirloom!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

You know, I''ve never seen a photo of your eng. ring! Do you happen to have a photo on your disc drive?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring with a lovely story!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies! It is such a special ring for me, I love it.

HeartingDiamonds--The tables are tiny, you''re right! I''ll ask our jeweler what he thinks when I can bring the ring in.

MC--Here''s a picture of my set. I wear my ering on my right hand, now. (Well, I was wearing it on my right hand before I broke my elbow, I can''t get anything on my right fingers, now!) There''s an old thread of my ring on here, somewhere, but for some reason I can''t find it.

Havenssetpsassddf.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here's a picture of Helga and me from my wedding last July. She was so tiny.

HavenandHelgapssssssss.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty Haven. So precious..

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring, It''s wonderful to be able to wear your grandma ring. Congratulations!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Haven what a lovely ring!

Also, I am hella jealous of your hair.

jessicalala

Rough_Rock
All of your rings are beautiful, very semtimental! You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day :)

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I love sentimental pieces like that. It''s very pretty and love the high crowns of the old cuts.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love heirloom pieces... So many memories and so much emotion that go along with them! Lovely!
36.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Haven, your grandmother''s ring is beautiful! It looks lovely with your wedding band. Hopefully you can pass it down to your children or grandchildren!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I love it! What a pretty ring, and I love that it has such strong sentimental value. That is such a cute picture of you and your grandmother
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhh how sweet and what a great heirloom to pass down. your wedding ring and ering, and you are all so gorgeous!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Sweet ring... However, even better is the wonderful photo of you and your grandmother. What a beautiful bride and darling, doll of a lady. How happy you must be to always carry something of hers with you. Thanks for sharing your very personal and sentimental photos. (And, beautiful ER, BTW)!
2.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely, special ring, Haven!!!! That pic of you and your grandma is so cute!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Haven- What a beautiful and special piece. I am sure you will cherish it forever..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful to have that ring! And I love the picture of you and your grandmother! (I know you weren''t thrilled with your pro-pics, but I still wish you''d post a thread of a few for us!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wow that is a beautiful ring.
I have a grandma ring too, I wear it almost every day.
grandma rings are the best!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results