shape
carat
color
clarity

My grandmothers opal necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My grandmother died on New Year''s Day and we both have birthdays in October. She always liked the fact that we shared birthstones. She left me a drop opal pendant that I think is kind of unique. It has a gold "cap" with a swirly design and then a teardrop shaped part that looks like it is filled with some sort of clear oil. It has crush opal in it that float around. I tried to capture the flashes of color from the opal pieces but I couldn''t, so this photo doesn''t do the pendant justice. Anyway, I wanted to share because I love it and it''s very sentimental.
30.gif

47b7df31b3127cce80e150961b1600000016101AZN2rVq3ZMd

47b7df31b3127cce80e150941b1400000016101AZN2rVq3ZMd

47b7df31b3127cce80e150921b1200000016101AZN2rVq3ZMd

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very unique -- I've never seen anything like it before!

ETA: I'm sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. The necklace is very unique and the sentimental value is priceless. It''s lovely and I think it''s wonderful that you got to share a birthstone with your grandma. Now you can carry that memory with you whenever you wear the necklace.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your grandmother, but it is nice that you have something special of hers to treasure. That is a lovely and unique pendant!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s really cool!! different!! I''m sorry about grandma though
7.gif
nice to have a bit of her to wear close to your heart :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your grandmother. What a beautiful opal pendant she left you. That''s cool that you shared the same birthstones. Now you can wear this and keep her close to your heart.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful keepsake. I love it! So sorry that your grandmother has passed away. But she left you a wonderful reminder of her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2007 3:26:01 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''m sorry about your grandmother. What a beautiful opal pendant she left you. That''s cool that you shared the same birthstones. Now you can wear this and keep her close to your heart.
HI:

My sentiment exactly.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words! She was a great lady and is missed by everyone. I think I got my love of all things sparkly from her!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That''s really cool. How nice to have something like that from your grandmother.

I noticed the chain. I have a chain like that -- it is so smooth and strong. I''ve been looking for one in white gold but have been having trouble finding another one. Did it come from your grandmother also?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 5:10:18 PM
Author: lumpkin
That''s really cool. How nice to have something like that from your grandmother.

I noticed the chain. I have a chain like that -- it is so smooth and strong. I''ve been looking for one in white gold but have been having trouble finding another one. Did it come from your grandmother also?

The chain is mine. It''s called a Parisian wheat chain and you can probably find all kinds if you Google. I found these:

Parisian wheat chain #2
Parisian wheat chain #1

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I had no idea what it was called and I looked for several hours one day without success. Thank you for the links, too.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
No problem
9.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful and unique necklace that is! I think it looks great on you, and what a wonderful reminder of your grandmother.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful necklace and a wonderful thing to wear to think of her. I love the shape of the opal and how it drapes on your neck.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! I love it...I just wish I could capture the flashes of light from the opals, but my camera won''t cooperate LOL!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Nanny gave me my love for jewelry as well. It was her love of all things sparkley that inspired my passion. She had great taste, nice to know you were able to share that passion with your grandmother as well. My mom just never got it. Must have skipped a generation, hehe.
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a very unique piece! I too am sorry about your grandma, but now she will always be with you.
1.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It is very unique and beautiful!
1.gif

Sorry about your grandmother dying. It must have been sad.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results