shape
carat
color
clarity

My Grandmother's Engagement Ring

gracieloufreebush

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
I wanted to share my new (to me) ring and now my most prized possession. My grandmother passed away last week :[ and she left me her engagement ring she received from my grandpa so many years ago. I'm so honored to wear it.

I don't know anything about the specs of the ring, other than it's a round diamond. Not sure of size, color, clarity (although I think I can see some inclusions), etc. I would like to find out though - any ideas?

I don't want to change anything about it; I just plan on getting it re-sized - I'm going to wear it on my right index finger I think.

Anyways, just wanted to share :]

(PS- still waiting for my engagement ring!)

Here are some pictures:
Showing some fire

Closeups

photo_may_15__12_17_59_pm.jpg

photo_may_15__12_38_37_pm.jpg

photo_may_15__12_44_04_pm.jpg

photo_may_12__12_57_47_am.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry you lost your Grammy. It's nothing like an heirloom piece to remember her by. You are absolutely right, I wouldn't change a thing either. It's a beautiful piece. Please make sure you go to a reputable jeweler and not a B&M shop like Kay's or the like. I had a very close friend go there to have their heirloom ring sized and Kay's lost it. Not trying to scare you, I just want you to get it back safely so you can enjoy it and the memory of you Grandmother for many years to come. :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear your sad news. The ring is beautiful! I would take it to be sized & get the setting checked over to make sure everything is nice & safe, then wear it with joy :))

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
The profile looks very similar to my new reset!
img_20130516_101107.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry about your grandmother passing away. Grandmother's are very special to us all - they love unconditionally and even after 19 years, I still miss mine VERY much...

She left you a beautiful remembrance of her! Gorgeous setting!! Take it to an appraiser and get the details - not that it will change your enjoyment of the ring at all, but it will give you the information you need if you are going to insure it, although I realize it is priceless to you.

Enjoy and wear with fond memories :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. As others have said grandmothers are very special and no one can really take the place of them. It's so lovely that she left you her ring so you can cherish it and keep the memory of your grandmother with you at all times. It's a beautiful ring. Wear with happy memories of your grandma. Big (((hugs))).

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I was given my grandmothers ring when she passed 15 years ago and every time I wear it, I think of all the wonderful memories I have of her. Treasure your priceless heirloom and know that she's smiling down at you.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely piece to look at every day and remember your grandma. So sweet.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
My condolences about your grandmother. It is a beautiful keepsake though, and great that you will have something to always remind you of her.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how beautiful! What a treasure! I'm sorry about your grandmother though.

gracieloufreebush

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your condolences and also for your comments about the ring. Nice to be able to share it.

I will definitely take it to a reputable jeweler - nowhere near Kay's or anything like that. I've been looking up places and reading countless reviews to find someone I can trust with the ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Her ring is beautiful and I know you will treasure it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. It is so special, though, to have her most treasured ring! I am glad you are keeping it as it is. It is so pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss - the ring is beautiful, what a lovely way to keep your grandmother's spirit and love close to you.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about you grandmother. It must be an honor to wear her beautiful ring!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to her that your lost your grandmother! I too lost my Grandma and I now have her engagement ring...it is one of my most prized possessions! Wear it in good health!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss but the ring is a beautiful way to remember her. I love the profile and think it is so unique! That is amazing you have a piece from her to cherish and that you can hand down as well :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother but what a lovely treasure to have to remember her by.

Kelly12

Shiny_Rock
The ring is very beautiful!!! Gorgeous!!! A very precious gift!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I also have my grandmother's ring and hopefully soon I will have it as my engagement ring.

Your ring is gorgeous- such a beautiful heirloom! :))

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring! So sorry for your loss.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear the sad news. Grandmothers' are always kind and caring to us. I really miss my grandma who passed away several years ago.
She left you a Gorgeous ring. It reminds you of your grandma. To know the specs of the ring, you can take it to some jewelry stores and ask the appraiser, you will get the details.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful thing to remember her by. I know I always thought of the wedding ring passed down to me as a symbol of how much she and my grandpa loved each other. I think it looks perfect on you. :wink2:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your grandmother passing away. The ring she left you is beautiful. I hope that you will be able to wear it for many, many years and that every time you look at it, you remember happy memories of her. :))

himni

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss. and the ring is beautiful

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, but what a lovely way to remember her!

gracieloufreebush

Rough_Rock
I wanted to post another thank you to everyone else for your kind words. I haven't taken the ring in yet, but will post again when I do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results