shape
carat
color
clarity

My "grace" is here- spinel pics!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
I spent some time trying to get to know my Canon again after some time away from it. None of these images have been edited, and I have no idea how this spinel looks anywhere from amethyst to a cafe latte', but it does! In real life, it's truly rosey lavender. I don't know how you all capture true color, but regardless, some of these came out ok.

I took 130 pictures, but I swear I won't post them all. :devil:

Jerry Newman from gemart cut my ebay find into the perfect stone for me. He also cut a Rose de France and some of those are in here too. I had to take them both. eep!

Honestly... the cut, the size and the color at first glance of the Rose de France is just TDF!! but for me personally, the hunt, the find, and the little imperfections of my spinel who I have named "Grace" just shoots her sparks of passion right into my heart, and she's the one going in my e-ring no matter how hard that Rose de France flirts with me! ha ha

Likely going to give the Quartz stone to my daughter for her 21st birthday or graduation from college- not sure yet, but I'm putting it up for a very special day :)

And on to the photo onslaught!

IMG_2061b.jpg

IMG_2070b.jpg

IMG_2074b.jpg

IMG_2083c.jpg

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
.... and on we go

IMG_2092b.jpg

IMG_2093b.jpg

IMG_2110b.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
just a couple more :)

IMG_2161b.jpg

the family.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

kt

Shiny_Rock
Oh, so happy to finally see the finished product, and it's wonderful!!!!!! It's truly beautiful how it turned out and all your search efforts have clearly paid off in spades! Congrats!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys!! I almost want to keep her a while before sending her to the setting place. I think I might!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, Jerry did a fantastic job, and I actually think the color got better after the cutting. It's more even now, and there's no more hole (window) in the middle. :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The cut is really beautiful, and color you described sounds elegant.

I know what you mean about colors being very hard to capture. I tried to take a picture of a stone today under fluorescent light, and it came out a red with slight orange, instead of pure red which is what it looks to me in daylight.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
They are both beauties :appl:

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Georgeous stone , I really love the cutting. Can't wait to see the finished piece! (although I feel sorry for the poor shunned amethyst too! ;-) )

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty spinel and ammy. I love the cutting.

T

talamasca

:lol: I despaired of trying to capture the real life colour of my spinel with the camera so I can well understand your difficulty!

I love the colour of 'Grace' she's very pretty and can't wait to see her set :D

I think having the quartz set for your daughter is a lovey idea.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The cut on Grace is TDF, oooohhh groan! Both very nice & colors wonderful! Get her set fast so we can see pics!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out very beautiful!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out beautifully! Congratulations :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you did a GREAT job with these images !!!
Yes, color is very difficult to get right on film sometimes !!!
The cutting is the important part, and the images show it off wonderfully :love: :cheeky: :love:
The cutting is absolutely marvelous, YAY Jerry !!!
How beautiful ! And you did it "your way" ~ I am too scared for that !!!!

IMG_2061b.jpg

IMG_2092b.jpg

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
She's beauuuutiful!! :appl:
Grace is very aptly named- what a stunning transformation from her former state! The finished ring is going to be so stunning. Both stones have such elegant personalities, and your daughter is going to LOVE having such a gorgeous step-sister stone to your e-ring.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I think the colour is mightily improved with the recutting too. Just stunning. NEED to see it set now! Congratulations! :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
WOW, what an improvement!!! I'm so glad you went for the recut.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
TL Thanks for holding my hand through the beginning. You rock. ;-) and yes, the color is more even and rich and yum! Only thing is, I have been envisioning n-s setting not e-w but it's obvious to me now I've been assuming or thinking wrong. It just won't look right! that's minor though. And Jerry- is just amazing. Great heart too!

Pregcurious The tips and tricks of being outside and holding something white behind the stone is my next goal. Hopefully we'll both get it right one day! :D and thank you for the compliment. I'm quite excited!

Marcy, Kunzite, IndyLady, Bright ice, Aoife, Petit, Natsplat and Jstarfireb Many thanks!! I look forward to continuing my adventure with "Grace" and those I've yet to adopt. hee hee

Dethspi Thank you!! and don't worry, it's not like I sent the RdF back or anything! She's being saved for a very special time and will be in the family forever! You should get one too. *hint nudge* :naughty:

Talamasca If I'm not mistaken you got really close with your color, unless I'm confused and thinking of the vendor pics? And is it here yet!!!?!?!? <----- sorry *halo* Yes, my daughter is actually just 18 now, so it won't be any time super soon, she is in the I'm an adult and you can't tell me what to do phase, so... a grand nearly 4 carat, perfectly cut stone will just have to wait. Orrrr maybe I'll just have 2 hot rings. :twisted:

JewelFreak My sketches for the setting are a bit late, but Jerry was a bit early, so I'm hoping like heck to finalize them next week. *fingers crossed* Thanks for your interest!

ooo~Shiney!
It's odd to take 130 pictures and like them but still NOT capture the true beauty and accuracy of the stone!!!! But I must say they turned out better than using my phone. ha ha (And thanks for your warm fuzzies, always!)

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Grace is gorgeous-- I cannot wait to see the final ring!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so beautiful!!!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
erinl- thanks much!!

Kenny Appreciate it! Next time- a tripod. definitely. :)

T

talamasca

FallenRox|1309718959|2961194 said:
Talamasca If I'm not mistaken you got really close with your color, unless I'm confused and thinking of the vendor pics? And is it here yet!!!?!?!? <----- sorry *halo* Yes, my daughter is actually just 18 now, so it won't be any time super soon, she is in the I'm an adult and you can't tell me what to do phase, so... a grand nearly 4 carat, perfectly cut stone will just have to wait. Orrrr maybe I'll just have 2 hot rings. :twisted:

:lol: not yet, but may be this weekend!

Yeah, I eventually managed to capture the colour, but it was a rubbish pic of the stone and then I got a fab picture of the stone, but it flashed the black of the camera back so it wasn't great for colour!!! :lol: :roll:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
cokitty|1310966586|2971191 said:
Very nice!

Thank you! I'm getting itchy to have her ON my hand. Last time I chose a ring, it was a far different process than how I'll go about things from now on after coming here. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results