shape
carat
color
clarity

My gown came already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just paid for it Friday night, and it arrived this morning. It is EXQUISITE!!!! It has a built in corset, so I won''t need a bra with it. The only alterations it needs are to be hemmed and bustled, and probably to be taken in just a little bit by top side seams so that it fits a little more snug in the back. I''d like to see if my seamstress can get some appliques to match the lace, and put some on the back of the skirt because it''s really plain, but other than that it''s just perfect.

I almost cried when I put it on because it is just perfect! I was a little worried about going with a taffeta, but the silk taffeta is weighty, and perfect for an October morning.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
PICTURE!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
222430410_o.jpg

Now I''m stumped as to what veil to get! Part of me says mantilla, but I don''t know. Can you ladies suggest something?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, you''ll be so beautiful. I love bridal gowns with sleeves. It''s gorgeous!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That. is. lovely. Wow! I stalk her page too but didn''t find anything in time for my wedding. Lucky lucky you!!!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! YAY! we need to see pics of you in it!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gonna have to wait a couple of weeks for that. I need to borrow a camera, and can't take a good picture of myself. I can't wait to get a picture of me in it though...I look so tiny in it!
9.gif
That gown is SOOOOOO flattering on.

Help me find a veil ladies! Laura at bridalheadpieces.com is a doll, and her prices are beyond reasonable, and the selection of what she can do is extensive. Just a lot to look through.
2.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock

yes, i meant with you in it.

emteeth.gif

i guess i will have to be patient!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I would do a completely plain tranditional veil with that dress. I think a mantilla veil would be too much, and would take away from the beautiful detailing on the dress.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
True. I think plain may be the way to go with this gown.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
agreed. that dress is a show stopper & you don''t want a veil to compete. i''f go plain, single layer chapel or cathedreal (no trim or bedazzling) so not even the lines or length distract.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
If you''re just looking for a plain veil I bet you could make one for just a few bucks. Tulle is not an expensive fabric from JoAnn''s. Even if you ordered nicer tulle online I can imagine that you can make something comparable to the simple veils you will see in a store or online for a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to see the dress ON you!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Winks- Congrats on your dress coming in so quickly. I didn''t reply on your last thread, but you found a gorgeous dress!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
What a dress! I big puffy heart the sleeves! Can''t wait to see more pics!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love it, you will look fabulous in that.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore it! Cannot wait to see pics of you in it. I think that a plain veil would go perfect with it too.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can''t wait to see pics of you in it! It''s so beautiful and I really love it more and more every time I see that photo!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I love how it looks so vintage, but also so modern.
36.gif
I also recommend a simple veil. You are going to look great!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God that dress is so amazingly stunning! I absolutely cannot wait to see you in it!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Very regal.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 4:39:16 PM
Author: bee*
I adore it! Cannot wait to see pics of you in it. I think that a plain veil would go perfect with it too.
Ditto!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That dress is so lovely. I love how vintage it is while not looking old fashioned at all. I was holding back on posting hoping you would post a pic of yourself in it, but then I figured I''d just get my comment in anyway
3.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
that dress winks
9.gif
and i agree with everyone else, classic yet contemporary!! I like the colour too. What is that? Is it ivory? im not very good on my shades of white im afraid...

Congrats again
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s not as ivory in person. Its called "Diamond white."

Pictures will be sooner than I thought...I''m going for a first fitting tomorrow! Since the kids and I are moving out of the area after they''re done with school for the year, and there is only one person I trust to touch that exquisite lace, I''m having the alterations done before we move. I''m not worried about gaining or losing weight between now and October, and if I do lose enough that the gown is loose, my FSIL knows a great seamstress for the sides. If it''s a bit snug, I have a really effective corset by Merchantes!
31.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a gorgeous dress! Great find!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I wish there were more dresses out there like yours - sleeves are just so elegant and sophisticated and we''re all so excited to see how it looks on you!!!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
congrats!
36.gif
its lovely, can''t wait for the pics
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wink. i am in love with your dress. seriously. IN LOVE.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous dress!!

How was it working with them? I''ve never heard of them but just looked through their website and seriously may consider something from there - what awesome prices! So you didn''t get to try on your dress before you bought it right? You just went by your size/measurements?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is correct. I just took my measurements, and made sure the dress I selected was at least an inch or more larger than my body measurements.

I had my first fitting this morning, and had a couple pics taken. Please keep in mind that I was not wearing any makeup (or undergarments from the waist up!
23.gif
), and the gown is just pinned up top. I have narrow shoulders and a small back, so there is a lot of lace to alter on the top of the gown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results