shape
carat
color
clarity

My gorgeous 1.51 AVC solitaire from Distinctive Gem

kassia

Rough_Rock
Hello PriceScope!

Excited to post photos of my gorgeous new solitaire from Distinctive Gem. The diamond is a lab 1.51 E VS2 AVC. The setting is size 4.5 and was custom designed by Jonathan and made by Stuller; the stone was set by his "local master bench." My mind is blown.

Jonathan was incredibly kind and patient from start to finish, helping us choose the stone, get the setting just right, and stay in budget. I had read nothing but good things about the diamonds from Distinctive Gem, but had heard some mixed reviews on settings. I am happy to say the setting is everything I could have hoped for. Jonathan suggested a subtle ridge in the shank based on some of my inspiration photos, and it was just the right touch. It's so delicate and graceful, and the double claw prongs are so tiny and precise. It's just incredibly beautiful. Next I want to get a coordinating wedding band made. :)

When my husband and I got engaged 20 years ago, we were living the grad school life. We modified an anniversary ring from his family with the help of a mall jeweler, and I've worn it with love since. However, I always dreamed of a gorgeous solitaire. A few years ago, I inherited my grandmother's 0.5 ct. OEC. As I pondered resetting it, I found myself looking at solitaires online all the time. When DH said he was thinking of getting me diamond earrings for Christmas that year, I said, "Well, what I'd really like is..." Our children have had a lot of medical issues in recent years, and we've had a lot of expenses in that area, but DH saved up, and we were finally able to get my dream ring, which he presened to me on a beautiful mountain overlook where we've spent a lot of time together with our family. After 20 years, and three kids, we're happier than we've ever been.

Thank you for the advice I've received on PS! I don't know a lot of jewelry fiends IRL, so I'm happy to be able to share my story and my photos here!

Close up hand shot.jpg Hand shot.jpg Side view.jpg

Kya

Shiny_Rock
What a special stone for a special story. The stone is incredible and looks absolutely perfect on your finger.
Congrats!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely, classical, simple and elegant.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on you!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous diamond and the simple setting compliments it perfectly! Congrats on 20 years

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and beautiful story :). Cheers to 20 years!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s. Just. Perfect. Congratulations!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, and such a lovely story. Wear it in the best of health!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
oooo, I love the shank detail! Gorgeous.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic perfection.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hello PriceScope!

Excited to post photos of my gorgeous new solitaire from Distinctive Gem. The diamond is a lab 1.51 E VS2 AVC. The setting is size 4.5 and was custom designed by Jonathan and made by Stuller; the stone was set by his "local master bench." My mind is blown.

Jonathan was incredibly kind and patient from start to finish, helping us choose the stone, get the setting just right, and stay in budget. I had read nothing but good things about the diamonds from Distinctive Gem, but had heard some mixed reviews on settings. I am happy to say the setting is everything I could have hoped for. Jonathan suggested a subtle ridge in the shank based on some of my inspiration photos, and it was just the right touch. It's so delicate and graceful, and the double claw prongs are so tiny and precise. It's just incredibly beautiful. Next I want to get a coordinating wedding band made. :)

When my husband and I got engaged 20 years ago, we were living the grad school life. We modified an anniversary ring from his family with the help of a mall jeweler, and I've worn it with love since. However, I always dreamed of a gorgeous solitaire. A few years ago, I inherited my grandmother's 0.5 ct. OEC. As I pondered resetting it, I found myself looking at solitaires online all the time. When DH said he was thinking of getting me diamond earrings for Christmas that year, I said, "Well, what I'd really like is..." Our children have had a lot of medical issues in recent years, and we've had a lot of expenses in that area, but DH saved up, and we were finally able to get my dream ring, which he presened to me on a beautiful mountain overlook where we've spent a lot of time together with our family. After 20 years, and three kids, we're happier than we've ever been.

Thank you for the advice I've received on PS! I don't know a lot of jewelry fiends IRL, so I'm happy to be able to share my story and my photos here!

I love love love it. Perfect for your lovely hand!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AVC makes my heart flutter. It's the most beautiful cut & yours is just stunning. Those facets............

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your special anniversary, your ring is gorgeous!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I love your story. What a beautiful ring!

ETA:spelling errors

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous and you have lovely hands. Congratulations!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh what a dream this is! Totally gorgeous and looks amazing on your hand

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! It looks gorgeous on your finger!
But since it's a lab diamond, you should ask the administrator to move this thread in the Lab Grown Diamonds forum.
POLICE 2.1 of forum policy

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I really love your setting!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Such a lovely diamond, with a beautiful setting that compliments it perfectly! Well done, and congratulations on your 20 years together. Times can be hard/challenging, but I'm glad to see there was a "bright" spot through it. :D

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! Those claws are so delicate and that tri-wire style shank is subtle and gorgeous! Congrats on 20 years together!! Wear in good health!

kassia

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! It looks gorgeous on your finger!
But since it's a lab diamond, you should ask the administrator to move this thread in the Lab Grown Diamonds forum.
POLICE 2.1 of forum policy

Oh gosh, sorry. I checked the subtitle of the forum before posting, which said: "No simulants please - only genuine gemstones," and since lab diamonds are actual diamonds and not simulants (CZ, moissy, etc.), I thought it was ok. I see in this policy document you linked, however, that it says no manmade gemstones except in designated threads. Happy to have the post moved to wherever it is appropriate. :)

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I love AVCs and yours is just stunning! Love the simplicity and elegance of the setting. Congratulations on the 20 years!

I just love these types stories... and what a happy ending! The ring is lovely!! I hope your kiddies are doing well. :)

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
It looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us. I had gotten a lab AVC and had it set locally and have been very unhappy with how it came out. Seeing how beautifully yours came out I’m thinking maybe I should send it to Jonathan to be set. Your ring is perfect.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PriceScope!

It's beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results