shape
carat
color
clarity

My Good Old Gold Experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I realize this is going to be one of many great reviews of Rhino (Jonathan) and Good Old Gold, but I really feel I need to say a few words.

Good Old Gold sells fantastic diamonds. I can attest for this in the end product that I received (a .79 H SI1 round brilliant). This stone is beautiful in all lighting, with its most impressive property being the blinding colorful flashes in direct lighting. You stare at this stone too long and you will see spots as if you just stared into the sun.

Most people that read the forum know that the vendors sell high quality stuff around here. Obviously Good Old Gold is not different. Additionally, I''d have to say Good Old Gold is "Internally Flawless" with customer service as well :) On June 23rd, I wrote Jonathan of Good Old Gold for the first time. On July 16th, my diamond that I will use to make an engagement ring was shipped. In between that 3-4 week period, Jonathan and the Good Old Gold staff emailed me back 23 times (I checked my saved email for this number). Jonathan personally made me feel like I was his only customer, although that surely is not the case. If that isn''t good enough, you can call them as well, and one of the associates will gladly talk with you and even check out diamonds while you are on the phone with them. Good Old Gold will be an honest set of eyes, when your eyes can''t be there.

These people are there for you. They are a business and want to make profits like any other business. However, this business does their work with the customer in mind. Courtesy, respect, friend, and teacher are all words that can define Jonathan and his staff.

Finally, and important, the appraisal. By the time I got the diamond, and looked at it myself, I knew I got what I paid for. But just to be 110% sure, I took it to an independant appraiser in my area. For a small fee, she verified the diamond and looked at Jonathan''s appraisal. She said Jonathan did a fantastic job with the appraisal by giving detailed information, good photos, and a very fair replacement value that she said would closely align with an appraisal she would have offered. This finalized my already sound opinion that Jonathan and Good Old Gold were an awesome and level establishment.

Thank you for your help Jonathan and staff!!! You guys are all class acts. Best wishes for continued success in the future :)

Jon Kiefer
Allentown, PA

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - you know we need pics & proposal stories.
9.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
I second your opinion of GOG and Jonathan. I had almost the same experience. Great diamond, great service, an independent appraiser that loved the diamond as well, etc.
appl.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That's so great!!!! I also have had (and am still having) great dealings with Johnathan...I am VERY picky and not the easiest client I'm sure.... He goes out of his way to satisfy...and I totally agree that you feel like you're the only client!!! The level of service and the policies you get with a purchase from GOG are amazing. The only thing you missed out on by buying online is probably the best slice of pizza on Long Island from the place next door. I just had one yesterday...OMG...wonder if GOG can ship a slice and a setting
1.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock

Proposal probably to come closer to Xmas time. This is an "early bird" purchase so I am ready and not running around crazy when the time is right!

I've tried pics with an old digital camera that didn't come out too well :( I don't have it set just yet, but the diamond is fantastic! If you want to see my blurry, but convincing pictures click here

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
MMM -

Jonathan told me about that joint :) I may get up to see him sometime in the near future. I only live maybe 100 miles away from NYC, so it would be pretty easy for me. I might try to make a small set of stud earrings and a small pendant to go with the ering. Make an engagement set, if you will.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Jon!!!

I can't thank you enough for the kudos bro. You've been a real pleasure to serve. Sometimes people feel that if they haven't made the ultimate decision after 1 or 2 emails then they are somehow being a pain. I sincerely do not feel this way and realize that sometimes it can take even more than 23 emails before a person is at peace with their decision. While I appreciate the "IF" grading for customer service I will be the first to admit that we can and do make honest mistakes from time to time. Thankfully not often.
2.gif

The rest of my staff sends their heartfelt thanks as well for allowing us to serve you during this chapter of your life. We are honored to do so. Please keep us posted on how the proposal goes and if there is any way we can be of further help or service Jon ... you know how to get me.

Warm regards,
Jonathan, Christen, Marie, Chas and the rest of the GOG team.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Rhino (Jon) - can I get a large pizza next week when you ship my ring? A slice?
lickout.gif
LOL

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Rhino -

Your more than welcome for the kind words. You folks work hard for us and make these important, personal purchases as informed and easy as possible! I'm sure we will work together again in the future :)

Dadof4

Rough_Rock
I've got to add my 2 cents on Jonathan & staff. Nice Ice referred me to GOG since I was looking for a squarish diamond to compare with the Hearts on Fire Dream. I read about the Jubilee and have been working with Jon & Marie since the end of May to get 5 Jubilees together in a Vatche setting. I've found them to be extremely busy, but still very accomodating, helpful and friendly. So far a very good experience, all through email, online pics, and by phone. I'm still waiting for that "just right" Jubilee center stone, and will have Jon take some pics of the final product for me to post. I second the IF rating.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's quite a project. Your definately working with a winner though.

Can't wait to see the end result :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results