shape
carat
color
clarity

My GOG AVR's arrived!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
As I told some of you, I have a custom ring being made by WF that's now in production and will be ready in a week. I can't wait. But while it was in the CAD stage I got a little crazy and pulled an 'Andelain' once again. :Up_to_something: I saw little .25ct August Vintage Rounds on GOG's site and asked Jon to show me a video of them in action next to a .40ct. That way I could see what they'd look like next to my .41 ct each ACA studs. I liked what I saw and bought a pair of G-VS1 & G-VS2. The little guys actually got here a couple weeks ago, but problems over here have kept me from being able to get in here much and post the obligatory pics.

So without further ado.......
AVRs-Hesco1.jpg
AVRs-Hesco2.jpg
AVRs-Outside.jpg
AVRs-Outside2.jpg
AVRs-Fire.jpg

Now they're on their way back to the States, to DanielM Jewelry to have a set of 6-prong martini mounts made for them. :bigsmile:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!! OMG they are breathtaking.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Are they gonna be studs?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
missydebby|1294789225|2820101 said:
YAY!!!! OMG they are breathtaking.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Are they gonna be studs?

Aren't they the prettiest little things? Yes, they'll be little studs set in white gold and they'll live most of their lives in the 2nd hole in each ear, right next to my .82CTW ACA's. Here's a couple pics of the ACA's and one of the AVR's in my hand. I couldn't get the greatest pics of the AVR's, but I did get nice arrows on one of the ACA's. :cheeky:

AVR-ACA1.jpg

RedBlueFire.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the AVR! How are you setting them? Bezel with milgrain? Or martini? Or like the WF ones you have? :love: :love: :appl:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
They are just wonderful -- perfect little facet "flowers" in the center of the stones. Great fire shots, Andelain!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1294791389|2820151 said:
Beautiful! I love the AVR! How are you setting them? Bezel with milgrain? Or martini? Or like the WF ones you have? :love: :love: :appl:

Martini's much like the ACA's, except six prongs instead of eight. I think I'll love that combination together. I took Yssie's suggestion and am having DanielM from Esty make the settings for me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're such cute little darlings Ande :bigsmile: :love:

Can't wait to see what Dan and Caren do with them! They are going to look fantastic in your second holes with your (visibly :rodent: larger) modern RB pair :sun:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! Your ears are going to soooo happy!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1294792919|2820179 said:
They're such cute little darlings Ande :bigsmile: :love:

Can't wait to see what Dan and Caren do with them! They are going to look fantastic in your second holes with your (visibly :rodent: larger) modern RB pair :sun:

I'm anxious too. I love how the virtual facets match up so well IRL, just like they did in Jon's video. Here's a few more pics. The first one is the AVR's with the soon-to-be retired BGD's. I love the stones, hate the settings, so will have a really nice pair of unemployed .34 ct each G-SI1's. BTW, suggestions are welcome as long as it doesn't include "Pack them up and ship them to me!" :lol: :lol:
BGDs-AVRs-InHand.jpg

The next pic is just kind of cute. After I finished taking several pics of the loose stones with the AVr's I opened my hands to let the stones drop away and the ACA earrings stuck to the side of my finger. :bigsmile:
ACAs-Stuck.jpg

Here's some more of the AVR's and ACAs' together. It's easy to get fire shots of the ACA's, but the AVR's weren't cooperating, although they ARe little fireballs. I did manage to get a few good fire shots here for your enjoyment. BTW, do you want me to stop posting pics now? :D :bigsmile: :naughty:
I love this pics here.
ACAs-AVRs-InHand3.jpg
ACAs-AVRs-InHand.jpg
ACAs-AVRs-InHand4.jpg
ACAs-AVRs-InHand5.jpg
ACAs-AVRs-InHand2.jpg
ACAs-AVRs-InHand6.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! as far as what to do with the 0.34s, you said my idea was no good :lol: maybe some drop jackets?

and no, we are not tired of pics :) I can't wait to see them set and on your ears!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them! :love: I just bought a pair of AV rounds, too! Mine are .60 each and I was waiting to get them set before attempting to take pictures. I love them, though! There is just something special about the way they sparkle, don't you think? I also want one more smaller pair, so I'll be anxious to see yours in your ears!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh! They are adorable! I can't wait to see the finished product-- they're going to look fantastic next to your other gorgeous earrings :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1294798623|2820280 said:
beautiful! as far as what to do with the 0.34s, you said my idea was no good :lol: maybe some drop jackets?

and no, we are not tired of pics :) I can't wait to see them set and on your ears!

yes, that! :bigsmile:

I'm lusting over this pair, something like this would look fantastic with 0.34 centres... :naughty:

drops.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1294800066|2820306 said:
slg47|1294798623|2820280 said:

yes, that! :bigsmile:

I'm lusting over this pair, something like this would look fantastic with 0.34 centres... :naughty:

OMG, WHERE did you find those?!?!?!?!?!? :love: :love: :love: 12 prongs, wow! :cheeky:

I just had this hilarious idea. If I wanted to see pure chaos all I have to do is gather a bunch of PS'ers in a room and toss the BGD earrings up in the air and get the hell out of the way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that's not going to happen, I'm going to do SOMETHING with those diamonds. :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1294801799|2820334 said:
I just had this hilarious idea. If I wanted to see pure chaos all I have to do is gather a bunch of PS'ers in a room and toss the BGD earrings up in the air and get the hell out of the way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that's not going to happen, I'm going to do SOMETHING with those diamonds. :Up_to_something:

Oh Ande, you have a sorry sense of humour :nono:
Unless perhaps there is a VIP list to this -event-...

I found them on google images at one point, but I don't remember the webpage or the info, more's the pity! I *do* remember that the big stones are 1.5ctw old cuts... I do think your homeless lil' guys would make for fantastic earring drops. Something you may not necessarily pay the big $$ for otherwise, but now that you have them already what a luxurious indulgence 8)

Hmm. Hair pins? Cufflinks? Accent stones on a bracelet, or bracelet charms?

What is the ETA on the DanielM settings?

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Andelain, great pictures! Those AVRs have so much fire :love:
The 6 prong settings are my favorite for studs, so I look forward to seeing the finished product :appl:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh I love those AVRs!!! They are gorgeous and the size looks great next to your other ones.

I have been soooooo tempted to pull some Andelains recently while waiting for my upgrade (though about upgrading studs to AVRs, thought about little yellow eternity bands, about big white eternity bands, little yellow & rose gold spacer bands, a cool pendant...) You're very inspiring :naughty:

Can't wait to see your completed AVR studs, and I hope things are going ok for you over there. Congrats on your little beams of August Vintage bling!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
Please, more pictures as soon as possible.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Love Street|1294816707|2820539 said:
Ooooh I love those AVRs!!! They are gorgeous and the size looks great next to your other ones.

I have been soooooo tempted to pull some Andelains recently while waiting for my upgrade (though about upgrading studs to AVRs, thought about little yellow eternity bands, about big white eternity bands, little yellow & rose gold spacer bands, a cool pendant...) You're very inspiring :naughty:

Can't wait to see your completed AVR studs, and I hope things are going ok for you over there. Congrats on your little beams of August Vintage bling!

So if I've inspired you so much, where's the bling? :naughty: :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

I think I rubbed off on myself, I pulled yet ANOTHER Andelain and won the bid on a HOF pendant that was on ebay. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's right here. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-pulled-another-andelain-hearts-on-fire-from-ebay.154987/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-pulled-another-andelain-hearts-on-fire-from-ebay.154987/[/URL]

Yssie, I'll get back to your suggestions later when I can post a couple of pics of something I sketched out a while back. I have that and another idea that just popped into my head today. :naughty:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Your AVR's are soooooo beautiful!!! I just love those stones!

Can't wait to see them set!

Cachette :))

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
I can't want to see the finished project now, too. In the mean time I'll see if I have any more good pics to post. :bigsmile:

Yssie|1294809721|2820456 said:
Andelain|1294801799|2820334 said:

Oh Ande, you have a sorry sense of humour :nono:
Unless perhaps there is a VIP list to this -event-...

I found them on google images at one point, but I don't remember the webpage or the info, more's the pity! I *do* remember that the big stones are 1.5ctw old cuts... I do think your homeless lil' guys would make for fantastic earring drops. Something you may not necessarily pay the big $$ for otherwise, but now that you have them already what a luxurious indulgence 8)

Hmm. Hair pins? Cufflinks? Accent stones on a bracelet, or bracelet charms?

What is the ETA on the DanielM settings?

So Yssie, does that mean you'd forego my earring toss event? :naughty: :lol: :lol: :lol: I really wish there was a smiley with it's tongue sticking out.

As to your suggestions, earring drops are actually at the top of my list. I put a couple pics of a rough sketch I came up with. It would consist of a small ring to go over my earring post, 2 thin chains going down to the diamond, then continuing down to the 3.5 ct each pear shape Tanzanites that I showed off over in Colored Stones not too long ago. Those wouldn't cost much more than I've already spent.

Another idea that I just thought of and is getting LOTS of airtime in my heads is miniature versions of my pendant hanging down from each stud. That idea is starting to seriously dance around there.

Here's the drop I came up with the tanzanites.
1stDraft.jpg

And here I sized the pic to show roughly how big it would actually be. It's the one in blue ink. Don't mind the other sketches, that's a ring idea that's slowwwwwwly forming in my head.
1stDraft-SizedClose.jpg

I don't have an ETA on the DanielM settings yet, the AVR's are still on thier way to the US. BTW, the ETA on pics of my WF ring is Jan 18! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to spring that one on you. :naughty:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh I like those drops you sketched :) I was thinking about suggesting drops similar to your pendant (really!) but honestly I like both ideas :) What can I say, you might have to pull another Andelain and get both??? :mrgreen:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great sparkle! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results