shape
carat
color
clarity

My GOG AVR/DanielM Earrings are finished!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's what happens when I troll GOG's site while I'm waiting for WF to finish my custom ring..... :lol:

Jon gets in some .25ct August Vintage Rounds, then he obliges me with a video of them next to a stone the same size as my beloved ACA studs, and then Yssie points me toward someone who would make exactly the settings I had in mind.....

Of course I HAD to pull an Andelain then, so without further ado, THE BLING! :appl: :appl: :appl:

E3.jpg
E4.jpg
E5.jpg
E2.jpg
E1.jpg

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so lovely! The settings work perfectly with the stones. When do we get more pics :naughty: ?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...those earrings are beautiful. I love the settings. I would love to see some ear shots. :naughty: :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings!! Wear them in happiness and good health!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Your earrings are very pretty. I really like the settings - they look very classy.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, those setting look like they really show off the AVRs. Can't wait to see them on your ear.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
natascha|1297510861|2849878 said:
Those are so lovely! The settings work perfectly with the stones. When do we get more pics :naughty: ?

As soon as they make thier way oiver here to where I am. :naughty:

Now if only iw wouldn't take 3 weeks! :errrr: :errrr:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh they're so CUTE!!! Those chunky lil' stones with those teeny lil' tables in those (v nice!) 6-prongs... they're gonna be *fabulous* second studs :bigsmile: :love: :appl:

Can't wait to see them in your ears! Submitting request for video :sun:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Can't wait for the ear shots!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Yssie|1297563212|2850450 said:
Ohhhhh they're so CUTE!!! Those chunky lil' stones with those teeny lil' tables in those (v nice!) 6-prongs... they're gonna be *fabulous* second studs :bigsmile: :love: :appl:

Can't wait to see them in your ears! Submitting request for video :sun:

I've got a question for you. Do you have any profile shots of the studs he did for you? The reason I ask is that after looking at the pics some more it looks like the stones sit up really high, which isn't what I wanted at all. I had sent in pics of my ACA & BGD studs from the side to illustrate what I was talking about. Do you think he'll be able to set the stones lower?

Thanks, Yssie or anyone with any input here. :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ande - I'm a thousand miles away from them right now so this is the best I've got. I know DandiAndi also had them set her RBs into martinis, hopefully she can chime in too.

FWIW I'm looking at pics and I don't think yours are set higher than mine, I just think it looks that way b/c the stones are smaller so the space behind seems that much bigger, and because mine come to a very flat point where head meets post whereas yours look more pointy.. I could be wrong though. IRL they sit very near on my ears -as in, they don't stick out too much at all. I'm very sure that if you don't like them when you see them Dan & Caren will do their best to make you happy :))

Chunky&Lopsy For PS -  (5).jpg

Chunky&Lopsy For PS -  (2).jpg

Chunky&Lopsy Martinis DanielM (3).jpg

Chunky&Lopsy Martinis DanielM (4).jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics & input, Yssie. The part you noticed where your prongs leave the post at a near 30 degree angle and mine leave at less than 45 is where I see they height problem with mine. The gap between the culet of the stone and the post looks huge. I sent a message asking if they could lower the stones, do you think they'll be able to do it at this point?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no jeweller but I'd guess they might lower them a little further into the basket so that there's less prong above the basket (girdle closer to the crossbars)? And then perhaps thin the crossbars down if needed - so long as it doesn't cause structural integrity issues?

But Ande - you know as well as anyone that close-up magnified pics can exaggerate our worries. Depending on what they say - wait until you see them in person to really start worrying, yeah? I'm guessing the pointy part where head meets post will slide into your hole so they'll actually sit super-close on your ears.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are beautiful and perfect!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Those are GORGEOUS! I love the settings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results