shape
carat
color
clarity

my gf''s engagement ring! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kleggett

Rough_Rock
1st post and 1st of all thank you for all the knowledgeable people who frequent this board. You are a bigger help than you realize i hope. Anyway here is the ring that I got. I went to NYC to get it. It is a .81 carat SI1 with a color of G. Please tell me what you think of this ring and any comments are welcome. The pics won''t be great due to the camera not being able to get up close and personal
1.gif

DSCN1041.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty Ring....Congrats....
21.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is a beauty! I love the uniqueness of it. Just gorgeous!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, kind of old world and modern looking at the same time

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
How gorgeous! I love the setting to death!! She will be very happy!
love.gif

Do you have any other specs on the ring? Are the sidestones pave?

Congratulations to you both!
Colleen

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring! It's very feminine and it has a lot of charm. I'm sure your girlfriend is going to be very happy! Very pretty.

Good luck!

kleggett

Rough_Rock
sad.gif
i'm not sure what pave means? If that means are they real then yes..

The setting is platinum

polish is very good
symmetry is good
fluor. is none
culet none
measurments are 5.14x5.08x3.80

i also have one other question the total for the ring out the door was $3100. What are some opinions on that.

I also have to get it appraised correct? What's the going rate for appraisals?

kleggett

Rough_Rock
forgot to add that she graduates college in May and I told her that her graduation present is a trip to Paris. (She's always wanted to go there) I plan on asking her while we are there..haven't picked a spot yet..i think i'm going to keep it on me till the timing feels right
1.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! I love the curved lines surrounding the square stone. Very feminine & pretty.
Price sounds very reasonable for platinum, side stones and the size center stone you got.
Unusual and very very pretty!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! I love the fact that is it feminine and almost dainty, but has a substantial look to it at the same time! Congrats!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the design of this ring. It gives a nice touch of femininity to the center princess cut stone.

Hope you two have a great time in Paris!

Michelle

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting! Would you mind saying where you got it?

kleggett

Rough_Rock
thank you for all the responses..it giving me more and more confidence!
1.gif

i found the ring online at http://www.AntiqueEngagementRings.com

i went too see him and he is a great guy and very honest. He set the ring and fedexed it to me overnight the following monday. Gave me an excellent deal (I think/thought) on the diamond.

She is an artist type and like the old school looking items. I like it to because it will definately be unique!

she is petite so a 1 carat would be way to big on her finger.. He gave me a wide choice of diamonds to choose from and found the one i liked the best.. great guy...

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Where in NYC did you buy the ring?
It's gorgeous! And so unique
love.gif
A lovely combination of antique & modern... all that & Paris too... all I can say is Wow! ...and all she could say is Yes!
9.gif

kleggett

Rough_Rock
Leigh Jay Nacht Inc.
10 West 47th Street Booth 10
New York, New York 10036 212.719.2888
21.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Hah! No wonder I liked that setting! I bought a setting from Leigh myself. I agree, he couldn't be nicer. It was a really pleasant experience visiting his booth and choosing my setting.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting, and very unique. She's going to be absolutely thrilled.

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Love that setting! This is one of my favorite rings that I have seen here. It seems like you got a great deal. Have fun in Paris!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a knockout stone and setting. I love that romantic flavor that it has. I am sure that she will be floored. Be sure to post photos on her afterwards as well.
10.gif

kleggett

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/28/2004 12:48:18 AM caratgirl wrote:

What a knockout stone and setting. I love that romantic flavor that it has. I am sure that she will be floored. Be sure to post photos on her afterwards as well.
10.gif
----------------
I will most definately take a ton of pictures after she puts it on... Thank you all for the kind words... I feel so much better about this purchase now!

indigo

Rough_Rock
I LOVE Paris! I'm sure you'll find lots of romantic possibilities. There's always the memorable Eiffel Tower. I'd suggest you walk through the Jardin des Touileries outside the Louvre at sunset. It's really serene and you can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance.
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
When in Paris, PLEASE don't propose on the Eyesore Tower, unless you think that she would really really like it. Paris' beauty in my opinion (and most Parisians as well) IS NOT the tower of steel. France is lovely for it's gardens and history...The Sienne is replete with phenomenal lighting and romantic bridges where the sounds and culinary smells of Paris just drift through the hazy much more memorable than overlooking a very short storied town with views much better from the ground!

Please, look at the area by the Louvre, where the gardens are. Gardens at Versaille are also breath taking, as well as a cute Ferris wheel ride in the park by the Louvre...(at night is sweetest)...Even spots near Notre Dame and Ile de Cite...

The Louvre is lovely, but never propose in there as it is too crowded, and smaller museums like the Rodin and Musee D'Orsay are lovely and unique. Rodin has some garden and landscaping parts that are lovely if I recall...Be original and use the loveliness of Paris, and not that TRITE STEEL TOWER! For the love of romantics!
6.gif
nono.gif

Also, Leigh IS great! I remember that he was one of the more knowledgeable jewelers on that whole street and with lovely things too boot! COngrats to you both, and PLEASE post pics!!!
9.gif
love.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring
congratulations
1.gif

kleggett

Rough_Rock
i had initially thought about the tower..but I changed my mind quickly only because i imagine there will be a ton of romantic places to accomplish my "task"
1.gif
I love the ideas and so appreciate the time you all have taken to respond. If someone has any other ideas about paris please do tell. I have never been there, however i have traveled around europe. (former military) Any pointers etc about what to look out for etc would be awesome!
1.gif

nervous_barley

Rough_Rock
Okay I knew nothing about engagement rings and I went to "Diamond School" for lack of a better term for about a week before I went shopping...The result was my GF's engagement ring: It is not like the vintage antique ring I saw here (which was beautiful btw)...it is a Zales Signature Collection, Excellent Cut, H in color, SI(2) in color and 1.18 carat weight...the stone is Round Brilliant and is set in six prongs in white gold...any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results