shape
carat
color
clarity

My friend''s upgrade from GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of us might remember Ame, since she's no longer a poster, but she IS among us. Like a ghost or something.

Anyway...whether or not you recall her presence, she had an unfortunate experience which many of you will say "I told you so" regarding. Being the fool that she is, carrying around her rings in a ring box in her purse instead of wearing the stupid things (you can probably tell where this is going...) and her (totally AWESOME and not replaceable) purse was stolen while she was working out, and you guessed it, they're gone for good.

Prior to the robbery, she had a .86ct H SI2 Star129 diamond solitaire in a Cathedral 6 prong setting that weighed like 10lbs and a Facets/SP Raphael band with 9 stones, 4pters. Luckily for her she had Chubb and the payout financed a new wedding set.

She chose again to go with a Star129, this time a 1.13 H SI2 from Jon at Good Old Gold. While it was absolutely stunning and kind of hard to send back, the clarity was too low for both her crazy good eyes (her idea of eye clean is pretty much insane) and her peabrain, just like DF says "Mind Clean". So it's on it's way back to GOG right now to be replaced with a stone of VS clarity, possibly VS2. But before sending it back she of course took a few photos to share with us. I can update this when the new stone is in it's home.

Because she's a stalker on this forum still, she noticed EHR2009s beautiful Ingwer 4 prong setting. And she bookmarked it for repeat viewing. Because of it, she chose the 6 prong version, which is shown here. She loves the setting. And it weighs far less than 10lbs thankfully. That or she's just so buff from lugging around her old one that it's a drop in the bucket.

So without further adieu, a couple photos.

Specs:
Star 129 Diamond
H
SI2
1.13ct
Ingwer 6-prong "Airline" mounting (LES005.1 I think)
Ringsize 5.5

Replacement Raphael Band (not here yet for a photoshoot, any day though)
11 stone Raphael band, 5.3pts per stone)

A note from her/RAVE:
"I have to say that the buying process with Jon has been AMAZING. I hate that I had to go through it at all but I would never hesitate should I need to again. The sheer amount of testing done on every stone he sells is pretty darn incredible. They play no games, they don't mince words and I really appreciate that. He knows what he is doing. My husband and I might go visit in December if we get a weekend to do so, otherwise early in 2010. "

Here is her set before the upgrade.

Ame_2295317_n.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another before picture.

Ame_3759626_n.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOOK at the difference!!!
1.gif

Ame_7530199_n.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one for now!

Ame_8253398_n.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey I remember Ame!!! She was as *crazy* as me!
37.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
LOL, I well remember her fondness for THE LOUPE!!!

BTW, why''s she only lurking and not posting?!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely. But your little girl is so precious!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new set and I totally remember Ame too. I can''t wait to see loads of more pics when she get''s the VS.....

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear of her loss. But I''m glad she had insurance!! TFS!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Come back, ame
35.gif
You know you want to
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had no idea you were friends with her IRL. I lurked for a long time and always thought she was nuts for not wearing her rings. Glad to hear she got a new set and I hope she is wearing them this time!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 1:34:01 AM
Author: TravelingGal
I had no idea you were friends with her IRL. I lurked for a long time and always thought she was nuts for not wearing her rings. Glad to hear she got a new set and I hope she is wearing them this time!!

Haha, that''s what I remember, too! I think I even remember telling her once, "GIRLFRIEND! Put the darn rings on and step away from the loupe!!!"
2.gif

I also think it''s nice that she gor another Star 129 - means she really loves it!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well she told me her 30x loupe was ALSO stolen and it was the first thing she replaced
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 1:34:01 AM
Author: TravelingGal
HI:

Right-o. Sorry for the whole theft thingie--come and tell us yourself Ame!

cheers--Sharon

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Good thing for jewelry insurance! It''s gorgeous!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I love , LOVE that stone and the setting. Hope to have my own one day.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 6:19:29 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Good thing for jewelry insurance! It''s gorgeous!!
ditto..
Beautiful!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beeeeeautiful ring!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!!! Congrats to her!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori,
Tell her congrats, and am hoping she is wearing it full time.
2.gif
The new stone is gorgeous!!!
30.gif

gls

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! I hate to say that bigger diamonds are better cause i have a little oval (0.56ct) but the bigger rock looks amazing on her finger!
guess that shows how good it is to have insurance!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful stone and set! Can''t wait until she gets her new Star129!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 11:51:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Tacori,
Tell her congrats, and am hoping she is wearing it full time.
2.gif
The new stone is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Ditto - hi Ame!! So sorry to hear what happened but wear and enjoy your new set!
35.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings and thank goodness for insurance.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I am so flattered!!! The 6-prong is beautiful! I also love her plain wedding band that matches it. Is that Ingwer as well?

Because she''s a stalker on this forum still, she noticed EHR2009s beautiful Ingwer 4 prong setting. And she bookmarked it for repeat viewing. Because of it, she chose the 6 prong version, which is shown here. She loves the setting. And it weighs far less than 10lbs thankfully.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is GORGEOUS!
36.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I hope she can''t bear to have it off her hand this time
1.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about the robbery but the new ring is beautiful! Looks very elegant and classic with the plain wband.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, thanks for posting this, and Ame, so glad to see you found such a beautiful ring!!! It''s FABULOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results