shape
carat
color
clarity

My friend wants to propose to HIM!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My friend loves the idea of presenting him with a wedding band with something sentimental engraved or the ? (Thanks @AV_ ! ) For now, they are apartment hunting, he says he can't wait to come home to her every day. Too sweet.
I'll let you know when "it" happens!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend loves the idea of presenting him with a wedding band with something sentimental engraved or the ? (Thanks @AV_ ! ) For now, they are apartment hunting, he says he can't wait to come home to her every day. Too sweet.
I'll let you know when "it" happens!
that's really lovelly to read about a happy couple
best of luck to yo your friends

axelrich

Rough_Rock
Yes why not..

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the bigger the diamond the better...;))

Funny, DF, I was coming here to tag you for opinions about a proposal watch! I think that could be so amazing. You could eventually have the case back engraved. And a nice watch does not have to be super fancy—they can totally dovetail with a beach lifestyle.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I would not be surprised if he is also planning on proposing to her. So, question is, who will do it first!

Actually, he was telling my friend that he talked to his boss about being back together with the girl he dated 30 years ago. He told his boss he's proposed twice (30 yrs ago and 10 yrs ago) and been turned down twice.
His boss (a woman) said, "Well, maybe she'll propose to you". :twisted2:
Of course my friend played it cool while he's telling her this , but it just gave her confidence that her proposal will be accepted. I have a feeling he's just waiting for it !

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I love that your friend wants to propose to him! I've had thoughts of doing this before he can too... I can't wait to hear what she comes up with! =)2

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I proposed to my spouse.
He’s an avid rubix cube solver and so I bought a vault cube (you have to solve it to open it to reveal a small space in the center) and in the middle I had painted a D4 dice (he’s an avid D&D player) to say “will you marry me?” With one word on each of the 4 sides. And a purple resin ring since purple is his favorite color and he has some hand issues that don’t allow for the weight of metal rings.

I took us out to a fancy dinner and arranged with the staff to have them bring out the rubix cube as part of an end of dinner presentation. He was totally surprised when he got it open and saw what was inside.

He’s since made a PowerPoint of that dinner and taken glamour shots of the ring and will tell the story to anyone who will sit through it lol.

I also bought myself a ring ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this thread! Absolutely love when folks buck tradition and do what's right for them.

That said: one of my college instructors proposed twice to her boyfriend and came to class Monday morning and told us all about it! He said no both times. Ugh, it was so sad for the couple of years we had her. I have another friend whose ex-wife proposed to him after college. They had dated for several years but he was happy just continuing to be committed but not married. She proposed and he said "ok." They've now divorced; no children. Neither of these anecdotal stories means much. Just my experience...and a final thought: if a dude isn't beating down your door to get you to marry him, move on.*

*(If you're marriage-minded.)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a dude is beating my door for ANY reason I’m going to call police :p. I have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of aggression. Including against my door.

We had already agreed to a double wedding with his sister and her partner. But there had not been a “proposal” event because it was decided over a family dinner lol. And my partner loves being the center of attention and a big romantic public proposal is right up his alley. I personally hate being the center of attention and had he done it to me I would have been so angry lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Update!
She finally proposed to him on Christmas Day. They were married on the beach yesterday!:kiss2:

(I helped her find her dream ring, a deco 2-tone with a beautiful .50 transitional...pic included because it's PS after all!)
20210510_010225.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a lovely, relaxed wedding and your friend is beautiful. Gorgeous ring, too!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to the couple.

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Update!
She finally proposed to him on Christmas Day. They were married on the beach yesterday!:kiss2:

(I helped her find her dream ring, a deco 2-tone with a beautiful .50 transitional...pic included because it's PS after all!)

What a beautiful ending! Did she end up proposing with a ring? Watch? Anything?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ending! Did she end up proposing with a ring? Watch? Anything?

She didn't want to tip her hand and ask him his ring size. She ended up choosing her own engagement ring and put together a really sweet pkg with her ring, a picture of them together many years ago and a Christmas card that said something like "I want to spend every Christmas with you".

It took him a minute, then he said "wait, is this a proposal?"

He then got on his knee and put the ring on her!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw what a nice story! Good to hear happy endings. And the ring is beautiful.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She didn't want to tip her hand and ask him his ring size. She ended up choosing her own engagement ring and put together a really sweet pkg with her ring, a picture of them together many years ago and a Christmas card that said something like "I want to spend every Christmas with you".

It took him a minute, then he said "wait, is this a proposal?"

He then got on his knee and put the ring on her!!

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to read the happy ending! So you posted the thread in June 2019 and she didn't do the proposal until Christmas 2020? I am surprised he didn't try the third time before then! Although I can see why he'd be afraid to! I absolutely love that she picked out her own ring, too!!! So pretty!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
So happy to read the happy ending! So you posted the thread in June 2019 and she didn't do the proposal until Christmas 2020? I am surprised he didn't try the third time before then! Although I can see why he'd be afraid to! I absolutely love that she picked out her own ring, too!!! So pretty!

Well life gets complicated...Covid hit .... she lost her job.... it was a difficult year. But she's working again and he's just been promoted, things are looking up for them thankfully.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update!

20210510_010225.jpg

well at least he wore a mask...

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Tuffany is now making men's engagement rings, so I fully expect the women proposing to men trend to gain steam. But if the boyfriend is like my husband and hates rings, I'd go with a really nice watch.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Tuffany is now making men's engagement rings, so I fully expect the women proposing to men trend to gain steam. But if the boyfriend is like my husband and hates rings, I'd go with a really nice watch.

I had assumed Tiffany was trying to cash in on gay marriage being legalized more broadly around the world but that’s a good point. Hope more women feel empowered to ask or initiate conversations around marriage rather than wait to be asked

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results