shape
carat
color
clarity

My French cut diamond band - The new one!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many of you long time PSers know, I bought a 3.85 ctw, F-G, VS parcel of French cut diamonds from JbEG last spring and had a custom band made with them set on a diagonal. Here is the thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-cut-diamond-eternity-band-by-jbeg.176256/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-cut-diamond-eternity-band-by-jbeg.176256/[/URL]

Although I did love it, it was just too wide for my taste, my short fingers, plus the stones were not visually what I was hoping for. We talked about re-making it but Grace and I decided to list it and see if it would sell quickly. Well, it hadn't sold after a year (which was plenty of time) so I decided that it was time to have it remade into a channel set band (what's a bit more money after spending what I had :$$): ). I was able to get credit for the platinum from the old setting plus I got the single cuts for another project and have 2 stones left for possibly a dangle earring project. There are always projects in my mind :cheeky:

We floundered about making a 5 stone and using the other 4 for maybe a DBTY necklace. After searching for setting ideas etc., I knew I really wanted them channel set plus to use as many as I possibly could. I had saved this band from Lang Antiques as an inspiration and have viewed it at least a hundred times.

http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/110-3-2869

We ended up using 8 of the stones which worked out really well (I estimate to be a bit over 3 CTW, waiting on the info from the bench). The finger coverage is perfect. I would say it is approximately 60% of the band in diamonds, the remainder is engraved plus milgraining. All I see is sparkle!

Now on to photos, which of course is most important!

frenchband_2.jpg

frenchband_6.jpg

frenchband_4.jpg

frenchband_3.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And

frenchband_5.jpg

frenchband_7.jpg

frenchband_8.jpg

frenchband_9.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last ones for now. I'll get some flower shots later.

frenchband_10.jpg

frenchband_1.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be a RHR but hey if I ever get married again (haha) I can wear it on the left too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love the delicate milgraining and the engraving is lovely! I'm sure you'll get lots of wear out of this one!

I see you had a spare frenchie...you can send it my way if you cant find anything to do with it 8)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's beautiful! The engraving is just perfect, too. Congrats on this beautiful and unique band!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1371674028|3468846 said:
So pretty! I love the delicate milgraining and the engraving is lovely! I'm sure you'll get lots of wear out of this one!

I see you had a spare frenchie...you can send it my way if you cant find anything to do with it 8)

Thanks tyty333. Sorry :(( I am thinking about using them in an earring project since I have 2 left :Up_to_something:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely! :appl: :appl: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1371674166|3468851 said:
It's beautiful! The engraving is just perfect, too. Congrats on this beautiful and unique band!

Thank you GemFever, I almost didn't have it added but so glad that I went ahead. It totally changed the look and feel of the band to the antique flair.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful - I love this version so much better! Good call on your part to have this ring redone.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love LOVE this!! :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECTION!!!! :love: So fabulous and I love how it is slightly more narrow at your palm.. and the engraving is beautiful!!! Lucky Girl!!! :appl: :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well done on the remake!

Love the details on the ring! WOWZERS! Yum!

Wear it well!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's divine! Perfect in every way and while some might say that the engraving is adding coal to flames, I think it enhances it beautifully! Congrats on your fantastic new band bright ice!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, Geeeeez, somewhere the Angels are singing, this ring is absolutely Heavenly... :love: :love: :love:
I am eternally amazed at how you are able to come up with beautiful new ideas for your diamonds.
This one hits it out of the park.
The engraving / milgraining is so lovely you could wear it bottoms-up !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully I get to Vegas next year to see yours and everyone's bling !!!
(watch out, DH !!!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright Ice, your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:
I adore the engraving and everything else about this ring!!! Well done! :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I have been stalking the other thread waiting to see the final product! :love: :love: Love it! It definitely looks more comfortable. What do you think about the width now? Looks like they tapered the band down slightly (forgive if I am mistaken)? So many things to comment on/ask about...I think it is exquisite and there are no words for the detail work. :appl: :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
So incredibly beautiful! :love: :love: I really need one of these!! Care to share? :naughty: Congratulations brightice! It's amazing, you must be thrilled!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vinjewels|1371684891|3468946 said:
I have been stalking the other thread waiting to see the final product! :love: :love: Love it! It definitely looks more comfortable. What do you think about the width now? Looks like they tapered the band down slightly (forgive if I am mistaken)? So many things to comment on/ask about...I think it is exquisite and there are no words for the detail work. :appl: :appl:

Thank you Vinjewels. The width is much more comfortable, the shank does taper a bit. I can tolerate wearing this one and the bling factor is much improved. I am very pleased with this version.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1371678750|3468889 said:
PERFECTION!!!! :love: So fabulous and I love how it is slightly more narrow at your palm.. and the engraving is beautiful!!! Lucky Girl!!! :appl: :appl:

Thank you MayK. You know you need one don't you :naughty:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
That double row of millegrain is gorgeous icing on a splendid cake. Enjoy!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of these frenchies we're seeing on PS these days! I should be getting my smaller french cut eternity version soon!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is fabulous bright ice!! The engraving is so beautifully done, and I think this ring showcases those wonderful stones so much more - I love it! :love:

bonne403

Rough_Rock
Amazing craftsmanship! Wow!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you already know, I adore this ring!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: (my LOVE smiley has disappeared for some very strange reason...I wonder if I used up my quota or something??! :lol: )

The double milgrain and engraving are a beautiful compliment to the gorgeous french cut stones!!! I think you 100% made the right decision about resetting!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous :love: :love: :love: Perfect setting for French cuts, the milgrain and engraving are beautiful! Enjoy!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. So beautiful and elegant. I can't wait to see the earrings, get cracking on that project!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and I love the milgraining and engraving. Perfection!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'll admit it: I like this one much more than the old one on you! Perfection! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results