shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Whiteflash ACA's - Annette U Prong Eternity Band &

mns12

Shiny_Rock
15 point A Cut Above diamonds: H&A, F-G color, VS2 or better
Approx. 2.7 ctw, size 4.5 (I'm actually closer to a 4-4.25 but darn knuckle and I need a little room for summer)
Full eternity, U prong setting
I asked for them to set the diamonds as low as possible (approx. 3.5mm in height)

The eternity band is gorgeous and gives such a beautiful presence on it's own!! Last October I lost my original wedding band (shared prong eternity) and VC Emilya ER. I had always loved my full eternity so I knew I pretty much wanted the same thing, except that I came across the WF Annette U prong and fell in love. I was a little concerned about the comfort factor as I had read some negative reviews, but I'm happy to say the U prong is just as comfortable as my shared prong (same size diamonds). I will say this band out shines and sparkles my original eternity by far! My favorite is a sunny day in the car and seeing all the sparkles and reflection of colors in the window.

Once my new ER is finished I will wear the band on my right hand or wear it by itself on my left hand when I don't feel the need to put on my ER. Being without major bling for 6 months, this ring has made me very happy! I just love the look of it own it's own!!

Whiteflash was awesome to work with. For both the band and diamond (I'll share a sneak peek) Liza was quick to respond to my numerous inquiries, answered all my questions, and most importantly I felt like I was in trusted hands. They have quite a well-oiled machine from the consultants, customer service, photography, shipping, etc.

And of course I must thank all the wonderful PSers for educating me, boy I am so glad I stumbled upon this site a couple of years ago!

nikon_pics_may_2015_074.jpg nikon_pics_may_2015_078.jpg nikon_pics_may_2015_076.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Re: My First Whiteflash ACA's - Annette U Prong Eternity Ban

nikon_pics_may_2015_063.jpg
nikon_pics_may_2015_100.jpg
nikon_pics_may_2015_107.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock

profile pic

nikon_pics_may_2015_068_0.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your WF eternity looks amazing! So what setting did you finally decide upon for your new ER?

mns12

Shiny_Rock

m-2-b|1430859388|3872594 said:
Your WF eternity looks amazing! So what setting did you finally decide upon for your new ER?

Thanks M2B! I idolize your collection :love:

So as you probably know I ended up purchasing the 2.07 I VS2 ACA but I'm still torn on a setting. I have gone from originally thinking I wanted an elegant solitaire to a very delicate halo (maybe plain shank) to pave subtle split shank (no halo). I am all over the place. I'm hoping to see David Atlas soon to get the stone appraised and then I think we are going to make a visit to ERD/BE. I really want to get that diamond on my finger, but at the same time I want this to be my forever ring and don't want to mess it up!

2.07 in ring holder

nikon_pics_may_2015_094.jpg

trying to compare color differences
nikon_pics_may_2015_091.jpg

nikon_pics_may_2015_085.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Both are beautiful! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Your new eternity ring is stunning - what a sparkler!!! At least you have that beauty to wear and enjoy until you decide on a setting for your diamond. Please keep us posted on what you decide.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

This is really a pretty ring. The diamonds sparkle like crazy! I'm a delicate halo fan, which I think would look amazing with this ring. I could also see a solitaire, too. The center stone carries its own weight against the eternity. Try the different styles on to see... You'll know! :))

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Your Annette Eternity is just gorgeous! It seems like it is almost impossible to 'not' capture a fire shot with all of those ACAs in action, especially outside! How many pics did you have to take before your camera realized that your eternity ring is not in motion? :lol: It looks perfect on you! :love:

Your 2.07 ct stone is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see how you will decide to set it.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Mayk- Thank you. Me too:) Too many beautiful choices! Your VC is one of them.

Sundial- Thanks! I believe you have the BGD Tiffany half round which is one my original choices. I adore the look. Your set is perfection.

SparklySoprano - Thanks, I have to agree the diamonds do sparkle like crazy:) Trying to keep it clean too. I did love my VC Emilya but then again once in a while I craved the classic elegance of my original set....eternity and solitaire.

Crystal - I appreciate the comments! I wish I knew how to capture better pictures, some day:) Another BGD Tiffany half round owner, love your set.

BTW, anyone care to share how to add multiple quotes to one reply??

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous band! :love: The Annette style you chose is so pretty! In particular the profile is beautiful and the band sparkles like crazy! Glad to hear your comments about the comfort of the band as well. Can't wait to see what setting you choose for your beautiful stone! Congrats! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

MNS- Gosh, your ring is just so gorgeous that I had to post again. I love your photos and your hands too! I think that your pics are crisp and really show off your fiery dazzling diamonds! I hope to have a partial eternity from WF by this time next year (or hopefully earlier).

I just know that whenever I try to take photos of jewelry, it takes me about twenty tries before I get one that works and all of yours are great! Hubby often looks at my phone and asks me if I have taken any of photos of our children. I do, but it seems as though I take more pics of my jewelry. Believe it or not, taking photos of 3 year old twin boys in motion is much easier than taking pics of a ring on a nightstand-LOL.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

mns12|1430927556|3873000 said:
Mayk- Thank you. Me too:) Too many beautiful choices! Your VC is one of them.

Sundial- Thanks!
I believe you have the BGD Tiffany half round which is one my original choices. I adore the look. Your set is perfection.

SparklySoprano - Thanks, I have to agree the diamonds do sparkle like crazy:) Trying to keep it clean too. I did love my VC Emilya but then again once in a while I craved the classic elegance of my original set....eternity and solitaire.

Crystal - I appreciate the comments! I wish I knew how to capture better pictures, some day:) Another BGD Tiffany half round owner, love your set.

BTW, anyone care to share how to add multiple quotes to one reply??

I appreciate that mns12. I am very happy with my new rings. My previous ring was a three-stone with pave on the shank so I was ready for something simpler. I am glad to hear that you are going somewhere to try things on so you can decide on the setting that it just perfect for you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! It is beautiful! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That eternity is stunning. Can't wait to see it with you ering.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh my that is a gorgeous eternity band!! :love: :love: Really something with those ACA's!! Congrats. :appl: Although I am sorry you lost your wedding rings, I'm glad you're so happy with your new eternity. :appl: :wavey:

WF surely is a pleasure to do business with--I wish all companies were like that!

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous!!! :love: Can't wait to see more pics with the new e-ring!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely beautiful :love: :love: :love:

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for all lovely comments!

Sarahb - In an earlier post I had asked for opinions on ACA vs Expert Selection and I believe it was you that said the ACA's were well worth it. I have not seen ES in person, but the ACA's are certainly wonderful and I definitely can tell a big difference from my original band.

baroque

Shiny_Rock

Oh Beautiful! I LOVE IT! I keep looking to see if you have decided on a setting for your diamond and now see this!
Thanks for the update...and isn't that diamond spectacular?! I loved it too and am so happy you love it!

Can't wait to see what you decide on your setting. I am still on the fence about mine...and may very well change it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great, classic look - just beautiful!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

mns12|1431023146|3873528 said:
Thanks for all lovely comments!

Sarahb - In an earlier post I had asked for opinions on ACA vs Expert Selection and I believe it was you that said the ACA's were well worth it. I have not seen ES in person, but the ACA's are certainly wonderful and I definitely can tell a big difference from my original band.

I'm so glad you are happy & love your ring as its beautiful! :appl: :love: You just can't go wrong with the ACA's from WF!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

baroque|1431035857|3873635 said:
Oh Beautiful! I LOVE IT! I keep looking to see if you have decided on a setting for your diamond and now see this!
Thanks for the update...and isn't that diamond spectacular?! I loved it too and am so happy you love it!

Can't wait to see what you decide on your setting. I am still on the fence about mine...and may very well change it!

Hi Baroque :wavey:
Thanks! And yes, the diamond is gorgeous...thanks again for all your insights since you saw the two diamonds I was considering in person:) I'm anxious to get it on my hand, but at the same time I want to be sure I choose the right setting for me. I'm going to get the stone appraised tomorrow and then hopefully making a trip to BE/ERD next week or so.

Is the spinning still an issue for your ring? If you change do you have a good idea of what you want?? How has the I color been for you? I can't recall what color your previous ER was.

baroque

Shiny_Rock

mns12|1431351912|3875060 said:

Thanks! And yes, the diamond is gorgeous...thanks again for all your insights since you saw the two diamonds I was considering in person:) I'm anxious to get it on my hand, but at the same time I want to be sure I choose the right setting for me. I'm going to get the stone appraised tomorrow and then hopefully making a trip to BE/ERD next week or so.

Is the spinning still an issue for your ring? If you change do you have a good idea of what you want?? How has the I color been for you? I can't recall what color your previous ER was.

Hi mns12, I love my stone, so that's a done deal. Yes, It's an AGS "I" ACA 2.538 carats and the color is totally fine. My previous ring was a GIA "I", but the cut and polish were not as nice. The spinning on the ring drives me a bit nuts...also I feel a little underwhelmed with the simple solitaire with my band. I actually am not sure I like the 6 prong either...so much of the stone is covered and it's set pretty low. I may decide on something with 4 sets of 2 claw prongs instead that has more stone showing. I've tried adding stacking bands and it just ends up looking too busy/fussy. I'm not sure what I want. I really can't wait to hear what you are getting! Are you able to actually visit ERD/BE in person?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just gorgeous!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

baroque|1431361644|3875125 said:
mns12|1431351912|3875060 said:

Hi mns12, I love my stone, so that's a done deal. Yes, It's an AGS "I" ACA 2.538 carats and the color is totally fine. My previous ring was a GIA "I", but the cut and polish were not as nice. The spinning on the ring drives me a bit nuts...also I feel a little underwhelmed with the simple solitaire with my band. I actually am not sure I like the 6 prong either...so much of the stone is covered and it's set pretty low. I may decide on something with 4 sets of 2 claw prongs instead that has more stone showing. I've tried adding stacking bands and it just ends up looking too busy/fussy. I'm not sure what I want. I really can't wait to hear what you are getting! Are you able to actually visit ERD/BE in person?

I think the solitaire looks classic and elegant on your hand, but understand you may wanting something more. I'm surprised you feel like the prongs are covering a lot of the stone with a rock that size:) I do love the look of delicate double claw prongs!! It really is so hard deciding on a setting. I feel like on many days I would like the simplicity and elegance of a solitaire but then on other days crave something a little more and different. Yes, hoping to make a day trip to BE/ERD in the next couple of weeks. I live outside Philadelphia and really don't know of a local jeweler/bench with an excellent reputation...wish I did! I'm tempted to go back to Victor Canera again but since I do not know what I want makes that a little more difficult.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mns12--I am still in love w/ my current 6 prong solitaire and it does not spin that much for me, especially along my VC spacer which I use as a wedding band. I think 6 prongs accentuate the roundness of MRB's and also protect the stone a bit more. Just my 2cts (and believe me, I have had many ER styles over the years :)) )!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

m-2-b|1431440141|3875484 said:
mns12--I am still in love w/ my current 6 prong solitaire and it does not spin that much for me, especially along my VC spacer which I use as a wedding band. I think 6 prongs accentuate the roundness of MRB's and also protect the stone a bit more. Just my 2cts (and believe me, I have had many ER styles over the years :)) )!

Thanks M2B, I appreciate it! I agree on accentuating the roundness of MRB's and more protection would probably be a good idea for me!
Both my original solitaire and Emilya I had spinning issues with in the colder months, so I don't think I can completely avoid that. Thus why my full eternity has always been a staple!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful band!! Thanks for sharing.
I love that big diamond of yours as well. :love: :love: :love:

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Acinom|1431441545|3875493 said:
What a beautiful band!! Thanks for sharing.
I love that big diamond of yours as well. :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Acinom! Yet another one whose gorgeous collection I covet :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results