shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Takahashi Purchase - Mis-match Drops

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw these on their IG page and simply could not resist the top pair as they looked so well-matched for drop-shape! :kiss2:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 095503.png

I would have settled for the second/middle pair if the top pair is not available. However, I got the top pair, woo hoo! :kiss2:

Ideally, I would like 2 well-matched drop-shaped pairs, one in White South Seas (WSS) and another in Tahitians; for the 4 pearls to be so well-matched like the top pair in the photo, so that I could wear 1 each of WSS and Tahitian as mis-match pair.

However, I am resigned to the fact that having a pair of well-matched drop-shaped pearls in the same pearl type is difficult enough (I have waited for years to find pairs that I like); let alone have 2 pairs in different pearl types for all 4 of them to match!

The top pair in the photo is too well-matched for me personally to let go and the price is within my reach. I can wear them right away as black and white would go with everything in my wardrobe.

They will be full-drilled so that I could make interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond huggies by using hair pins myself.

Communications and transactions with Takahashi was very easy. Can't wait to get them.

DK :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I saw that post and loved the top pair. So glad a PSer snagged them!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw these on their IG page and simply could not resist the top pair as they looked so well-matched for drop-shape! :kiss2:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 095503.png

I would have settled for the second/middle pair if the top pair is not available. However, I got the top pair, woo hoo! :kiss2:

Ideally, I would like 2 well-matched drop-shaped pairs, one in White South Seas (WSS) and another in Tahitians; for the 4 pearls to be so well-matched like the top pair in the photo, so that I could wear 1 each of WSS and Tahitian as mis-match pair.

However, I am resigned to the fact that having a pair of well-matched drop-shaped pearls in the same pearl type is difficult enough (I have waited for years to find pairs that I like); let alone have 2 pairs in different pearl types for all 4 of them to match!

The top pair in the photo is too well-matched for me personally to let go and the price is within my reach. I can wear them right away as black and white would go with everything in my wardrobe.

They will be full-drilled so that I could make interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond huggies by using hair pins myself.

Communications and transactions with Takahashi was very easy. Can't wait to get them.

DK :kiss2:

I remember that you'd been wanting these and I LOVE the pair you chose!! My favourite pair too, I love purple Tahitians and that WSS is the nicest by far :love:

I wonder if Takahashi has a GSS with matching shape? Perhaps they could search whilst they've got the pearls? That would be your trio complete!!

Can't wait to see action shots of these :bigsmile:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Please take many pictures, this pair you chose looks just lovely.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie sadly, and perhaps it is a good thing for my purse too, that I don't like GSS as I can't wear cream/yellow/beige/brown as it does not go well with my skin tone.

If I were to get a third pair of nice pearl dangles, then it is likely to be Sea of Cortez pearls.

And thanks for the kind words and introducing me to Takahashi Pearls!

DK :))

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohhh, I love these and mismatched pearls. I bought a pair of fashion mismatched drop earrings (actually I bought two pair so I could match) for my son’s wedding from MoMA. I wear them often!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohhh, I love these and mismatched pearls. I bought a pair of fashion mismatched drop earrings (actually I bought two pair so I could match) for my son’s wedding from MoMA. I wear them often!

I nearly went down the shell pearl route as I had waited soooooo long to find a drop-shaped pair of Tahitian or WSS that I like. However, I resisted as they look too fake for my liking.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!!! Will look devine when worn.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

have you posted puctures ?

no pressure ;)2
but we do have certain expectations around here :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick update - I have asked for the pearls to be kept by Takahashi for now, as I cannot justify spending 140 USD on shipping via FedEx.

I am aiming for group shipping with future purchases, at least another pair of drop-shaped pearls in Tahitian.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A quick update - I have asked for the pearls to be kept by Takahashi for now, as I cannot justify spending 140 USD on shipping via FedEx.

I am aiming for group shipping with future purchases, at least another pair of drop-shaped pearls in Tahitian.

that's steep
:(2:(2:(2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, hence I could not justify spending that much on shipping for just one pair of pearls that is not big-ticket item!

im pretty much only buying fun gemstone beads with the US dollar so high right now.
if the freight is too high i find another vender

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All the big private shipping companies have raised their rates. I used to spend 80$AUD for DHL ... now its 120$. They were always far cheaper than FedEx who used to charge 130 $ I can't even imagine what it is now. Probably 170$ But I'm just mailing once in awhile when it's a high price shipment .. I've got an 8k shipment to go out next week so I'll see what the price is then . I often use International economy for shipments up to 1000$ and never ever had one lost . ( one did wander around a bit...but eventually after a long tour of America it arrived happily in Ohio. )

Wholesalers last year would generally charge anywhere from 45-80$ USD depending on the volume of shipping they do overseas.... but I'm sure that's gone up .

I'd ask if they would use regular post .. I believe Japan has gone back to EMS after a year of not allowing overseas shipping using the post.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@katbran EMS is not yet available, hence it would need to be by snail mail (sea route) or FedEx.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these and I really love the setting !

Thank you so much!! They feel super classy on, especially since I only wear studs. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EMS is available again, and the pearls are now on their way to me.

BTW, did anyone see their FB post featuring the little mesh baskets for earrings?!

They are not a style that I could wear being too long, however, they are seriously cute!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the meantime, I got these cheapo 12-13mm Eddison drops from Will Pearl on Etsy for a fraction of my mis-matched pair from Takahashi, and wire-wrapped them myself.

The quality of the pearls are not particularly good, however I like the dropped shape that are reasonably well-matched, and I got what I paid for.

Shown with inexpensive ? 10mm Tahitian pearls from Wen Pearls on Etsy that I wire-wrapped myself, then on me (with the tiny earth-mined diamond huggies I bought in LA in 2016).

20220715_235907.jpg 20220715_224057.jpg 20220715_223635.jpg 20220715_223700.jpg

They will do until I can find a nicer pair in WSSP.

Attachments

• 20220716_000051.jpg
    20220716_000051.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 64

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I love your Edison drops!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your Edison drops!

Thank you!

They are a bit big for every day wear.

Hopefully the Takahashi mis-matched pair will be a better size being smaller.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see your ‘mis-matched’ pearls @dk168, they look stunning.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
EMS is available again, and the pearls are now on their way to me.

BTW, did anyone see their FB post featuring the little mesh baskets for earrings?!

They are not a style that I could wear being too long, however, they are seriously cute!

I saw the earrings too. I wonder if it is a PSer's request.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results