shape
carat
color
clarity

my first taaffeite from hk show

Cognition

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I did not plan myself to visit the hk show last week, but I need my monthly high dose of gemstone :cheeky: :cheeky:

I did not have much time to visit every booth, so I only visit my favorite dealers' booth. Overall, I felt the quality of the gem has not been dropping, but the pricetags increase a little bit. In the end, I only buy this 1.02ct oiled taaffeite from a ceylon dealer. I have been dreaming of taaffeite for ages, but I haven't buy any due to its pricetag, but this one only cost me $350! The color is not great, and it has been oiled (as stated by its AIGS report).

_34577.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, the HK gem show! I would love to go to that one, but don't think that is in my future at all. So I am living vicariously through others. I don't know much about these except that they are considered rare. It sounds like you got a deal and I hope that is what you meant, so congrats.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Price is good and everything else about it too.

gempeaks

Rough_Rock
Trade
Great looking gem!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice find...congratulations!

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Color is great for a taaffeite but why "oiled"? A surface reaching little crack??

Very good price for a 1,02 ct!!!

I'd love to see one in person but those I've found on images never seemed to justify their high prices. This one does. Very rare over one carat, right?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great looking stone and the price seems fair, I think you did great!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great price and pretty stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results