shape
carat
color
clarity

My first ring & my first post!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bella716

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Here's a photo of my engagement ring. It's 1.26 princess cut, H color, SI2 clarity, very good polish and very good symmetry (according to the GIA). Diamond and setting were purchased in NYC from different jewelers. Setting is white gold with pave accents totaling .5 carats.

Took 100 pics and can't seem to get a sharp one, but I really don't know how to adjust my camera. Thanks!

DSC02903.jpg

bella716

Rough_Rock
To clarify: that''s: 1.26 in the center and 1.76 total carat weight (pave setting adds to .5). Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try using the zoom and standing farther back. Does your camera have a macro mode? Looks beautiful in blurry sparkles
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PS!!

Use the macro mode, usually the flower icon on your camera. Stand back a bit and have a steady hand. It looks very sparkley from your pic, just too blurry to see the detail of the setting. HTH.

bella716

Rough_Rock
Kaleigh and Tacori e-ring, HI!

I have actually heard about looking for this "flower" macro setting. The owner's manual even mentions it and I still can't find it. Plus my zoom is crap. I may just have to go to a Best Buy and use their camera as I really can't afford a new one now!

I'll keep trying
:)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty and sparkly. Good luck at getting some sharper photos.

bella716

Rough_Rock
Okay-this looks much sharper!!

Not sure what I actually did differently, though--let me know what you think!

DSC02911.JPG

bella716

Rough_Rock
Thanks marcyc.

My last photo is sharper, but the diamond looks much more yellow than in real life.

Still in the honeymoon phase--just got it 4 hours ago! :)

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
a bit blurry, but i have a feeling i would be more than proud to have THAT blur on my finger!! i love the prongs, it''s a beautiful halo.

bella716

Rough_Rock
Thanks isis~goddess!

That 2nd photo is the best that I can do for now.

Does anyone have any advice for me on insuring my ring?

IE. should I buy insurance? Where to buy it from? Should I insure for the full value? etc.

:)

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Very VERY pretty ring! Its a real dazzler! Yes, you should DEFINITELY insure the ring. There are several options for you--you can add a jewelry policy to your renters/homeowners insurance. Mine is through State Farm. You can also contact Chubbs or Jewelers Mutual. A lot of people comment on them here. Insure it as soon as possible. Always plan for the unexpected.

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
congrats Bella, it''s such a gorgeous ring! I love that you added video of your ring, it really does make the ring come to life that pictures just can''t capture sometimes.
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 2:40:52 AM
Author: lotsofsparkle
congrats Bella, it''s such a gorgeous ring! I love that you added video of your ring, it really does make the ring come to life that pictures just can''t capture sometimes.
30.gif
Yeah how awesome that you did a video!
Beautiful ring! Can''t wait to see more pics!!

36.gif

bella716

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the advice, hairgirl95! Will get insured soon!

lotsofsparkle, thanks for the comments--really appreciate! Actually, I was asked by at PS admin to remove the link to my youtube video and I can''t figure out how to edit my post. But, I will remove the link once I figure out how to do it. I guess I could just describe how to get to my youtube page, maybe that''s allowed? :)

coatimundi, appreciate your thoughts! More pics to come soon! :)

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Ahh well, the video was nice while it lasted. That''s really too bad cause I was totally gonna borrow that idea when my e-ring arrives about 2wks from now. Well, I guess that just means you have to post tons more pictures of your ring!
2.gif
Seriously though, I''m in love with your halo and the prongs, it''s delicious!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a gorgeous ring, bella, comgratulations! I can''t wait for more pictures.
36.gif

bella716

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the words of appreciation lotsofsparkle and catmom! Really means a lot to me, as many of my friends and family are on the other side of the country and only get to see my ring through pics and videos as well.

I took so long picking it out that I feel like I designed it myself..hehe...

More pics to come soon for sure. And I would describe how to get the video, but I don''t want to be kicked off here :)

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
15.gif
I wish I got to see the video... bummer...

It looks very beautiful! I hope you post more pics soon, and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results