shape
carat
color
clarity

My first Rebecca Minkoff Mini Nikki bag!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
First I''d like to say a big thank you to AmberGretchen for turning me on to Rebecca Minkoff. She sold me on buying one and I love it! I wish I''d have gotten into her sooner so I could have gone to the sample sell. Next time someone let me know!
1.gif

Anyways I had a really hard time deciding between the nikki and the mini nikki. I am not a big handbag kinda gal but having a big hobo bag seemed useful. Anyways I went ahead and decided on the mini sight unseen. I haven''t seen a regular nikki yet to this day! While I understand some people''s complaints about it being a bit too small it was perfect for when I went to dinner and to Nightmares on Wax at the independant in SF. It was comfy hanging on my shoulder through the whole evening in a crowded club. So size was great. I still want to get a regular one next though.

In terms of color, oy that was hard. I thought navy or charcoal patent leather. I still love the charcoal patent and may get one someday but patent stands out. AG convinced me Navy probably wasn''t my color with all the darks I wear. I tried on a Navy MBMJ bag and she was right, Navy was not good on me! Thanks AG!

So long story short and hours of research online later I found there was a purple patent mini nikki for sale on ebay. I checked tPF and someone had recommended that auction as well. I made a lower offer to the seller on ebay and got it! It arrived this week and I finally got around to taking a couple photos. I''d like to note that I took these pics quickly with my new Canon 850IS which I also got on ebay (and again thanks AG haha).

My one concern about the patent was that it wouldn''t be smushy and instead stiff. It''s actually still smushy! It''s great and not stiff like I thought, yay!

So I''ll post a couple pics I took with a flash. Looks brighter than it is. Then one with reg. light no flash, and I fixed the shadow''ing in photoshop to try and get as close of a representaion of the real color as I could (on my monitor at least).

mininikki_purppatentfront.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
The bag was brand new with tags.

mininikki_purppatentside.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
This may seem really dark but it's darker in person for sure. This is closer to what it looks like. The pic is a bit 'off' since I had to toggle the shadow setting on it.

mininikki_purppatentfront_noflash.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Violet that color is AMAZING - I''m so glad you decided you like RM bags - I just love them, and I think you and your fab purple patent mini Nikki have a long and happy future together
2.gif
9.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Your bag is lovely, and the colour is gorgeous. Looks fantastic!
30.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh Violet, I love that bag!!!!!!!!! YUM! That color is amazing and totally works w/ your style and you''re hair color :) I really love it and I''ve got to admit, I''ve been on the hunt for a RM bag too but I''ll have to wait a bit since I just bought that diamond eternity band and just booked our tickets to Maui for our 1 year anni! :)

This month is so crazy, but hopefully towards the end of it or in March we can get together and scope out dresses!
11.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 12:50:43 AM
Author: asscher_girl
Ohhhhh Violet, I love that bag!!!!!!!!! YUM! That color is amazing and totally works w/ your style and you''re hair color :) I really love it and I''ve got to admit, I''ve been on the hunt for a RM bag too but I''ll have to wait a bit since I just bought that diamond eternity band and just booked our tickets to Maui for our 1 year anni! :)

This month is so crazy, but hopefully towards the end of it or in March we can get together and scope out dresses!
11.gif
Oh cool! Maui! I loved Maui when I was there.
1.gif
March works for me for dress shopping! I need to lose a few lbs first haha!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:41:02 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Violet that color is AMAZING - I''m so glad you decided you like RM bags - I just love them, and I think you and your fab purple patent mini Nikki have a long and happy future together
2.gif
9.gif
I went to a show the other night wearing a basic t-shirt, jeans and flats... nothing exciting but carrying that bag and it really spruced up the whole outfit x100.
1.gif
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 1:54:47 AM
Author: violet02
Date: 2/6/2009 11:41:02 PM

2.gif
9.gif

I went to a show the other night wearing a basic t-shirt, jeans and flats... nothing exciting but carrying that bag and it really spruced up the whole outfit x100.
1.gif
1.gif

Hehe - I love that about her bags, the colors are so rich and the designs are so nice that I feel instantly so much more nicely dressed when carrying one
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock

11.gif

Ooh - I hope you find one AG - the sales have been amazing, you should be able to get one at an awesome price, and a full-size Nikki would look fab on you, IMO, with your height
2.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 1:38:05 PM

11.gif

Ooh - I hope you find one AG - the sales have been amazing, you should be able to get one at an awesome price, and a full-size Nikki would look fab on you, IMO, with your height
2.gif
Oh you lil'' enabler!
2.gif
I would love to get one sometime this year. I''ve been keeping my eyes peeled for one. How did you hear of that RM Sample sale in SF a few months ago? I''m leaning torwards a Nikki but I''d like to try them out and see what size would be best for me. If you hear of any more SS''s please let me know
1.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 2:56:14 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 1:38:05 PM

Ohhhhh Violet, I love that bag!!!!!!!!! YUM! That color is amazing and totally works w/ your style and you're hair color :) I really love it and I've got to admit, I've been on the hunt for a RM bag too but I'll have to wait a bit since I just bought that diamond eternity band and just booked our tickets to Maui for our 1 year anni! :)

11.gif

2.gif
Oh you lil' enabler!
2.gif
I would love to get one sometime this year. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for one. How did you hear of that RM Sample sale in SF a few months ago? I'm leaning torwards a Nikki but I'd like to try them out and see what size would be best for me. If you hear of any more SS's please let me know
1.gif
The sample sales are posted on TPF and her website probably (not sure about her site, AG would know more). I try to stop by there more nowadays. There's a Rebecca Minkoff section and she even posts there herself. Cool way to find out about limited editions and discount ones too!

I think I would love a full sized Nikki too but i'm completely stuck on what color to get! AG, if you wanna go 'try some on' sometime let me know! I think Bloomingdales in SF carries them sometimes! :)

I'm a bit obssed with this Marc by Marc Jacobs Hobo bag right now, in this blue color. I keep trying it on when I'm at Nordstroms. It's comfy to carry around and I kind of want to use it for a work bag. But it's $$ and I think I should be holding off a bit after getting this last bag... I'm sure once I decide to buy it the color will be gone!
7.gif
Kind of an act now or lose out on the color thing unless it's an unpopular color. Shopbop already sold out of this color. I hate shopping pressure! Heh.

12084475_denim.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOL I am totally an enabler, and I would love to go handbag shopping in SF one of these days - we''ll have to set that up.

Nordie''s sells her bags now too - they had the Spring colors when I was there the other day, GORGEOUS
30.gif

SS''s are posted on TPF - that''s the best place to check. They have a good thread with deals and sales ongoing too, and its so cool that RM herself posts there
10.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ugg, ps ate my post!

Thanks for the tip, I''ll start checking out TPF. I love the nikki but I''m in the same boat on color V, I have no idea what i want. Bluefly has some RM bags and I saw a navy I liked but I don''t really like navy w/ black and I wear a lot of black clothing. I think I want neutral though, I love my warm metallic Michael Kors bag.

Is there anywhere on the peninsula or south bay that carries RM? If not, I''m totally up for a trip to Bloomies.

I really like that MJ bag, so cute! And that color would go with a lot too.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color!! Congrats Violet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results