shape
carat
color
clarity

My first real dining room set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 8:45:24 PM
Author: soocool
A protective pad for the entire table so that hot plates, coffee pot, etc. placed on the table don''t damage the wood. My first dining table was ruined (though it wasn''t an expensive one) when someone spilled wine on the table and later a guest put a hot coffee pot on the table instead of the trivet. We bought a new dining room set a couple of years ago (much more expensive) and we also got a table pad to protect our new set.

It is a custom made pad (though I think you can buy a pad at a store and cut it to your size) for the table including the leaves. The undeside can be either flannel or velvet and the top can either be a wood or leather grain finish. It truly protects the table. The place I bought ours has patterns for a ton of diningtable manufacturers on file so you don''t have to draw the outline.

In case you are interested here''s the link to the site where we bought ours. Also, if you call them they are quite helpful and will send you samples of the materials they use and color swatches.

http://www.pioneertablepads.com/TablePads.htm?gclid=CMD8zdfI4pkCFWNM5QodvkImXQe.

Thanks for the info! I don''t think we are going to cover it up with anything because we like to see the wood, but perhaps we''ll get something for when we have people over so they don''t ruin it.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins, I only use it when I have a tablecloth over it (when company comes), but otherwise I love the look of the wood, but the sun has faded it a little. I don''t know if I want to put the leaves in so the sun fades these as well. I normally just keep the leaves stored in the table.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 10:19:23 AM
Author: soocool
Tuckins, I only use it when I have a tablecloth over it (when company comes), but otherwise I love the look of the wood, but the sun has faded it a little. I don''t know if I want to put the leaves in so the sun fades these as well. I normally just keep the leaves stored in the table.

Your leaf stores IN the table? That''s cool... Ours is under our bed.because we don''t have any other place to put it.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Good buy!
36.gif
You can''t even tell you bought them seperately. I would have never guessed.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your kind comments! We have been renovating for 2 years... Gutted the whole house down to the studs. We haven''t finished with all of the detail like the trim and base boards, but we''re at the point where it''s starting to look like a real "home". I think we''ll get a nice buffet to go with the set in the dining room. Any suggestions?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!! I can''t believe those were separate purchases. Goodness!!

Your house looks like it looks very cute (Er... does that make sense?)

Based on the pics, I believe your house to be an adorable one. There we go!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 11:09:12 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Love it!! I can''t believe those were separate purchases. Goodness!!

Your house looks like it looks very cute (Er... does that make sense?)

Based on the pics, I believe your house to be an adorable one. There we go!

Lol... Thank you!!
9.gif
28.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, lovely! Tuckins, it''s great!! Thanks for the pics!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow it looks great! I love the chairs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results