shape
carat
color
clarity

My first post!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvsparkles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around for quite some time now, admiring everyone's gorgeous sparklers! I'm still new to the diamond world, so I still have lots to learn and this site's such a great resource of advice and information! It's become one of my favourite sites!

As it is my first post, here's shots of my e-ring. I got engaged two months ago and am still loving my ring!

Here are the specs:

GIA Cert
Cushion Brilliant
Measurements: 7.76 x 7.07 x 4.19 mm
Carat Weight: 1.54 carat
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS1
Depth: 59.3%
Table: 64%
Girdle: Extremely Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: Small
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None

18 kt white gold
ring size: 4

I'm considering getting it re-set because I think it's set too low. When I was trying on wedding bands, I prefer having the wedding band sit flush against the e-ring instead of having a gap in between. And since I want to get it re-set, I'm considering a different type of band as opposed to the plain band. Sometimes I like the simplicity of the plain band (although
I will want a eternity wedding band) but I also like the idea of having the matching e-ring band and wedding band. What kind of settings would you recommend? I like the look of the pave band but don't want to risk the stones falling out. I'm in between channel setting or a shared prong. Are there other kinds of settings? If you don't mind showing me pictures, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

YYHand.jpg.JPG

iluvsparkles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Other shots... I still haven''t mastered uploading pics yet, please bear with me!

YYothershots.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I think that it would look beautiful with either a channel-set or shared prong. Then again, I''m biased because I wear a solitaire with a channel-set band now, but will be getting a shared-prong eternity in two weeks (it''s coming!)

I also love the look of pave, but my friends with pave bands are always losing stones, so I guess I don''t love micropave for every day wear.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring - it looks gorgeous on you. And i really really like the shank of the ring now - if you are going to change it to sit flush, i still vote for a plain band, not one that would match the wedding ring. I love the solitaire/eternity band combo, personally.

I love my shared U-prong band - the stones are 10 pts each - enough to give it a nice presence on even a size 7 finger. It''s perfect on it''s own too because it gives off some good sparkle. (now, i wouldn''t mind have a 1.5 ct solitaire to go with it!) Having said that, the channel set band (overall) will probably be more comfortable for you...but i just let that rational thought fly right out the window when i was purchasing
28.gif

Here''s a pic of my ering...U Prong, 10 pointers.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooops - sorry forgot the picture.

myeringfromside290567.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and this is how it looks on the hand...

violet3ering11900.jpg

iluvsparkles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Violet, the eternity band looks really pretty on you! You can definitely see it from afar!

Would you happen to know the width of your band? I''m never sure how "wide" 6, 7 or 10 pointers are.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Very classy engagement ring, even if you did hold out on us for 2 months!
11.gif

The setting shows off the stone really nicely.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I still still keep pave as an option. If done well stones don''t fall out all the time. I think this type of band would look pretty with your current ring or if you re-set your ring into a similar pave style: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=330.

A shared prong eternity band would also look fab, especially if you are going to keep the plain solitaire style setting!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings! Congrats on your engagement.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6 points 2.5 mm
7 points 2.7 mm
10 points 3.0 mm

Ten pointers are a great size!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a shared prong band would look great with your stone!

BTW - Your stone looks like a chunky cushion? I'm not really sure from the pics, but some small diamonds
on the band would give you some little flashs to go a long with the big flashs you get from your cushion.
A great combination!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
congratulations your ering is gorgeous. I love pave too but so many people on here seem to complain about stones falling out. I''m also addicted to cleaning my ring in the ultrasonic. I''m sure that gorgeous stone will shine in any setting
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
beautiful e-ring. Congrats
9.gif

I would do a shared prong like Violets to go with it and leave your ring the way it is.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!

iluvsparkles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2009 5:30:26 PM
Author: tyty333

BTW - Your stone looks like a chunky cushion? I''m not really sure from the pics, but some small diamonds

on the band would give you some little flashs to go a long with the big flashs you get from your cushion.

A great combination!

Yes, the diamond shows off chunky facets because it''s a cushion brilliant. I read that the modified cushions show off a "crushed ice" effect... although I''m not really sure what that looks like!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!
30.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
I love the shape of your cushion...perfect proportions...I usually don''t like thicker bands, but your ring is beautiful and your diamond looks massive!!! Congrats on your engagement
1.gif

iluvsparkles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

At first, my fiance wanted to add stones to the side (I liked the idea of a split-shank) but the designer told him that the more he adds to the side, the smaller it''ll make the centre stone, so he decided to keep it simple.

I guess I''m weighing more options before I make a decision.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks awesome!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why you love your rings!!!!

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!! So beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very prety.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Amazing ring!! Congratulations!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and nice name
28.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is absolutely gorgeous, as is. It would look wonderful with a pave band!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful and looks huge in your hand. Maybe you can tried you e-ring with different bands and take some pictures and post them, so we can get an idea of how will look in your hand.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! Beautiful ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I think a plain setting would be really classy with an eternity wedding band, but if you like pave, go for it. I personally love pave and haven''t had a single problem with my e-ring or wedding band which are pave settings. Pave also makes my center stone bigger (mine is .75) and yours is much, much larger. (I''m jealous!)
Can''t wait to see what you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results