shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Post - looking for lab studs

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi - I have been lurking for sometime and have learned a lot by reading many other threads here. I am now ready to purchase diamond studs. I have decided that I will take them over to David Klass when I have received my stones for a beautiful setting that I found on his instagram page. I am looking for around 3.50 cttw F/G color. I am stalking the page of Alex Park and so far the only pair posted has been sold. If anyone comes across some that are from a trustworthy seller please let me know it would be greatly appreciated. And of course when I get the job done I will post it here!
thank you :)

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi - I have been lurking for sometime and have learned a lot by reading many other threads here. I am now ready to purchase diamond studs. I have decided that I will take them over to David Klass when I have received my stones for a beautiful setting that I found on his instagram page. I am looking for around 3.50 cttw F/G color. I am stalking the page of Alex Park and so far the only pair posted has been sold. If anyone comes across some that are from a trustworthy seller please let me know it would be greatly appreciated. And of course when I get the job done I will post it here!
thank you :)

You can message Alex and ask what he has available (from older posts) and what he may be able to get for you.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, lhaiat!
Are you open to sourcing two loose diamonds to make your own nicely matched set?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, lhaiat!
Are you open to sourcing two loose diamonds to make your own nicely matched set?

Yes i think so as long as you guys think they are good!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yes i think so as long as you guys think they are good!

We would find nothing short of great :)
Got a budget cap in mind for the two loose diamonds? Is there any VAT and/or import fees to consider?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am in California. Budget is 1500-2000. If it needs to be more pls lmk!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I am in California. Budget is 1500-2000. If it needs to be more pls lmk!

How picky would you like to be with clarity?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
Vs1. Clean to the eye

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

I've got some options for you to take a look at. Let me know when you're ready for links so that you can place holds if any of them look like winners to your eyes.

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
thats so nice - i will be free around 8 pm pacific time to look (once i am home from work). If that isn't good I am free tomorrow morning!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
thats so nice - i will be free around 8 pm pacific time to look (once i am home from work). If that isn't good I am free tomorrow morning!

I should be around on the forum in 30-45 minutes

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz helped me source 2 pair of 2ctw studs for me to choose from. I had both sent to me. One from WhiteFlash and one from Loose Grown Diamond. Both look beautiful with just a quick look. I'm going to do a more in-depth analysis tomorrow and post videos/photos. Deja and @tyty333 and @Kim N are all great.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Compare the diameters and see if any really jump out at you.

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi thanks so much - which ones do you think are a better pair? When I say “better” I mean go together more from the naked eye.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi thanks so much - which ones do you think are a better pair? When I say “better” I mean go together more from the naked eye.

How do these look to you?
Keep in mind they were each photographed with different lighting conditions in different environments.

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
those look great except when i click on video the lighting is very different so its hard to really see what they look like. OK - of these 3 pairs which would u put your $$ on?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
I also have another question - Alex Park said that he can source me whatever I want from him. I notice his stones I have seen are CVD not HPHT. From reading your previous posts you lean towards HPHT - correct?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
Update - I placed an order tonight. The customer service person offered to make me the setting I was going to ask for from David klass for half the price. Any idea if that’s a good idea?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
How do these look to you?
Keep in mind they were each photographed with different lighting conditions in different environments.

Shoot...I accidentally linked the wrong diamond for the second one. My apology!
Here's the one that I meant to link:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Update - I placed an order tonight. The customer service person offered to make me the setting I was going to ask for from David klass for half the price. Any idea if that’s a good idea?

That's exciting news! Which diamonds did you go with?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
OK - I decided I wanted F color so I went with these:

round-60x60.png
ROUND Cut 1.75 CARAT E COLOR VS1 Clarity Lab Grown Diamond
SKU: 588358093
  • Certificate Type:
    IGI
  • Certificate ID:
round-60x60.png
ROUND Cut 1.76 CARAT E COLOR VS1 Clarity Lab Grown Diamond
SKU: 550269241
  • Certificate Type:
    IGI
  • Certificate ID:

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
Just as a follow up, I sent the stones to David Klass - David and Amy did a fabulous job. I will attach a pic
DKPV2021___11__26____96904____96904-2.jpeg

LOVE this setting - the milligrain is beautiful! I have a pair of diamond studs that I'd love to reset like this -- is this a standard setting from DK?

lhaiat

Rough_Rock
Trade
LOVE this setting - the milligrain is beautiful! I have a pair of diamond studs that I'd love to reset like this -- is this a standard setting from DK?
Thank you! Not a standard setting but I told them I wanted the thinnest bezel possible with the stones set very low to the ear and after going back and forth on the CAD this is the result. You can always send them a pic of what you want.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Just as a follow up, I sent the stones to David Klass - David and Amy did a fabulous job. I will attach a pic
DKPV2021___11__26____96904____96904-2.jpeg

Holy Moly! Your earrings are gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results