shape
carat
color
clarity

My first post--help w/ diamond stats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I hear so many different things, and I don''t understand it all. For example, I just read that it is the cut (which I used to think meant shape rather than ideal, good, etc.) determines the sparkle factor. I would like to learn about what clarity ratings mean cloudy and what don''t, how "colorless" a diamond has to be in order to appear clear, and a whole slew of other things. Like what do the different measurements mean regarding culet and girdle and depth and table and so forth? I guess I just don''t know what the measurements MEAN--like is symmetry and polish important? Is the table and depth supposed to be something in particular? Without knowing this stuff, how can one decide which things are priorities in choosing a diamond and which are just higher priced for something you can''t tell with the naked eye? Sorry this is so long. I am just confused and seriously want to learn more. Thanks in advance.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly,

Welcome to PS!!! While there are way too many questions to try and address in your post, I strongly advise that you look up in the pricescope bar above labelled "knowledge" and read your way through as much of it as possible. Also, interviews with the jewellers on the opening page of PS are really useful too!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sparkle...

I was like you (if not worse) only 3 months ago, and just from reading here--- especially the diamond tutorial and FAQ threads (but search for whatever you are interested in learning)--- you will be educated about diamonds in just a few weeks! Good luck!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparkly!

Welcome to PS! Another GREAT tutorial to read is on Good Old Gold''s website, http://www.goodoldgold.com. I''d recommend checking that one out also.

Thanks, all of you. I appreciate the warm welcome and info. I''m already busy reading about some of the things on this site.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results