shape
carat
color
clarity

My first pearl knotting attempt

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, This is the first thread I have started myself, how exciting! Anyway, I went to Intergem last weekend and I have to say I was a little disappointed. There were so many bead venders and not so many actual jewelers but there was still lots to see. While I was there I sat through the pearl knotting class and ended up buying some very inexpensive pearls, thread and findings and these are the result, I really enjoyed it and can see myself doing many more. I now see the appeal of all those beads! I picked a slightly lavender pearl with a light gray / taupe silk thread, I wish I would have gotten a slightly lighter thread but live and learn, we practiced in the class with a poly thread and I found that much easier to work with then the silk, I may try the fishing line next. Here are the pics.

rsz_1014.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I also need to work on my pic size! That is huge! I will try again.

rsz_018.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Still too huge!

rsz_2028.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is better! Now hanging out with a creamy strand.

rsz_1032.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great! Makes me want to finally attempt stringing my pearls that I have!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
nice job!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everybody! Yes Swedish Bean, I am from beautiful Minnesota. Cushioncutnut, I say go for it, the process is very easy but I think getting the knots tight is a skill only achieved by practice, I need lots more practice!

I am too! I was going to go to the show last weekend but decided to avoid it so I could save money!!!

Intergem actually held the stringing class then? That''s cool!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Swedish Bean, I don''t know if intergem sponsers it or if she just has a booth there? The classes are shown on the intergem website. The class is free if you just watch or you can buy a kit to participate, I think it was $10 and then she had a few things for sale, some silk thread and findings but it was not pushed. I think she also did a tincup necklace and pearl and wire ring class. She was a pretty good teacher, I had fun.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! They look great on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results