shape
carat
color
clarity

My first paraibas!!!

wubu

Rough_Rock
Hello all! Recently I was introduced to the beauty of paraiba tourmaline and I was obsessed! I feel super lucky to have found PS! After some research (mostly posts here), I finally pulled the trigger. I am going to dedicate my first post on PS to my very first paraiba cabs. Yes, plurals --- I bought two at a time (how crazy is that)! A very blue cab and a very green cab.

The blue oval cab is 8.65ct, measuring 15.28 X 11.46 X 6.71 (not sure if that dome is optimal). It is very much neon blue with many many sparkles. Somehow the photos show more green than blue. The stone is a bit bluer than the photos show. And more neon, too. GIA cert, heat only.

The green cushion cab is much smaller, 2.56ct, measuring 8.5X8.5X3.9. It is somewhat included and the color saturation is not very good. Nonetheless, it is still a good looking stone with a pretty glow, especially under the sun. The price seems to reflect the quality (8X cheaper per carat than the blue one), and because of the price I didn't want to pay for a GIA report.

The first three photos were taken indoor under natural indirect sunlight. The last three were under direct sunlight.

I hope that I've made good purchases. That said, all comments are welcome, especially if you see something obvious that I am missing on plz do let me know! I have a few days left to return the stones and please let me know if there are any deal breakers you see.

Any ideas on how to set them are welcome, too.

IMG_20201001_114947.jpg IMG_20201001_115634.jpg IMG_20201001_115811.jpg IMG_20201001_113926.jpg IMG_20201001_114132.jpg IMG_20201001_143821.jpg

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been eyeing that big blue cab since I first spotted it! Jealous :mrgreen:. I love how it looks on your hand. Indoor dim light works well too?

What’s your plan for it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! both are gorgeous! the blue looks positively neon. they are both nice and glowy, especially the blue

thanks for sharing!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Wowwww, what beautiful drops of lagoon water! I vote big eff-off ring :D

wubu

Rough_Rock
I’ve been eyeing that big blue cab since I first spotted it! Jealous :mrgreen:. I love how it looks on your hand. Indoor dim light works well too?

What’s your plan for it?

Thank you! No photos were taken but I think it works well under indoor dim light, too.
I don't have a plan yet. I am a notice in terms of ring setting. A lot of homework to do before figuring out a setting that I love. :)

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you! This is a dream come true for me!

congratulations! both are gorgeous! the blue looks positively neon. they are both nice and glowy, especially the blue

thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Yes the blue one indeed looks quite neon. The photos cannot fully capture how pretty it is.

Wowwww, what beautiful drops of lagoon water! I vote big eff-off ring :D

Haha~ Not a native speaker here so I looked up what "eff-off" means. Yes, that's going to be the essence of it!!:)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh they look like candy!or the ocean in the carribean!
Both are Super pretty!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look great!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Nice glowy cabs! I'm impressed by the size of the blue one given the intense color. Thanks for sharing, and please do come back to share with us more, when you're making progress or deciding on how to set them. :appl:

wubu

Rough_Rock
Oh they look like candy!or the ocean in the carribean!
Both are Super pretty!

Yes, they are delightful to watch!

744E79F6-62EA-4D14-98F1-1AA5104A6C23.gif

Wow! Just wow!!! :kiss2:

Haha~ That was me when seeing the blue cab for the first time in person~
Both look great!!

Thank you! They are truly amazing to look at.

Nice glowy cabs! I'm impressed by the size of the blue one given the intense color. Thanks for sharing, and please do come back to share with us more, when you're making progress or deciding on how to set them. :appl:

Thank you! I wanted something smaller because the price goes exponential with size. But I just couldn't resist the color and spent my budget for maybe 3 years' of gems...:D Now I need to save for a nice setting that complements the gem.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!!! Hyperventilates...

That bigger cab is gonna make one gorgeous ring. Can’t wait to see. Do you already have some design ideas?

wubu

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness!!! Hyperventilates...

That bigger cab is gonna make one gorgeous ring. Can’t wait to see. Do you already have some design ideas?

Thank you! I don't have a concrete plan yet. I guess I'll start talking with a couple of designers that are often mentioned here~

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow you really went big on your first go! :shock: Absolutely smashing stones, can't wait to see them set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results