shape
carat
color
clarity

my first paraiba

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Howuniqueand eonderful! It looks very soulful and ancient to me.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just LOVE coin jewelry! It is fabulous!:love::love::love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Stracci! I think it is so cool too!
So glad you like it too Blugemz! I don't have anything like it. I have wanted an authentic owl coin forever! Thank you for your amazing ideas!
Thanks Peacechick! It definitely is OOAK!
Thank you MJO!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and unique piece! Trillions are wonderful for you. Enjoy!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unique and stunning piece! I will need to check out her Etsy shop.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s so neat! I’ve never seen an owl coin but that’s so cool looking. I love the design. It’s a little smooth, a little rough, and that makes it totally charming. Your paraiba paired perfectly with the coin in this beautiful design. Love it!

Off to find more pics of an owl coin now...:D

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely gorgeous! It's primitive and new at the same time. Really, really nice.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Suzanne! I think so too! I am so glad I had it set like this as opposed to a ring!

Thank you Lilmosun! I have been buying jewelry from her since 2012! She is wonderful to work with!

Thank you Elle! I would love to see what you find in owl coins! I have a few pieces of coin jewelry - the silver ancient Greek owls are expensive and coveted. I was really happy that she found this!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result! It’s great that you have chosen to have a pendant made. The Paraiba pairs so nice with the owl coin. Definitely a piece that you will wear and Enjoy a lot

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great pendant and great use of your paraiba!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Acinom, Lisa and Leslie!❤

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice result, I like it! And I agree with everyone who said it looks great with your skin color :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a really enlightening post Barrett although I don't see it anymore. Thank you for the info! I like how you described how all the trace elements have to come together in the right proportion for the Paraiba glow. If this does not have it, I would love to see the real glow in person one day. I did not get a lab report but the seller said it was copper bearing. I will never know. I thought it was a good buy regardless. Here is the link:
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/1-dot-24ct-blue-paraiba-tourmaline.

Thank you for the compliment Vividred!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic design. You did an amazing job buying your stone for under $100, and then using it to create a veritable Work of Art.
Great job with it all.

You asked for an honest opinion on the stone...well.....umm....you did a great job with what you had and what you spent. Less than $100, you said?
Did I accidentally skip over it some place and I forgot, or did you get a lab report?
If it does derive its color from copper, then its a hell of a steal for this day and age.

Surprising to me that the stone was so inexpensive, esp. for a cuprian in today's market.
Even though its not best looking stone, it stillshould've had that premium tacked on just because of the name and pedigree.

You said you wanted honest replies, so I shall oblige.
As far as it being a "Paraiba", its not remotely close to representing what one truly is.
Its its own unique and special gemstone, and should be loved as such, regardless of whether it has teeny tiny molecules of the element Cu present or not. The copper atom can be plentiful in tourmaline, but that doesn't mean it equates to better color. Mozambique consistently produced the highest Cu content of all the Paraiba locales.....often times double, or even triple what a classic Batalha would test out at. They were not anywhere close to top color stones, even with such high copper content. The best stones ever found had just average copper content by weight, to any other atypical Batalha paraiba. It has more to do with other minor elements inside a Paraiba, than just copper alone.

I love the color and also feel it has a beachy like feel to its personality.... and the shape....I like trillion cut and mod trill cuts...one of my favorite cuts.

The thing is, its no different than a non cuprian tourmaline, in regards to hue, tone, and saturation.
Just having copper in a tourmaline doesn't mean its any more special or automatically better than a non copper bearing tourmaline.
There is no special glow added onto a stone just from the presence of copper....it needs the perfect mixture of major, minor, and even trace elements, to all come together just right, for a gem to truly possess the attributes that made the "Paraiba" so popular.

All and all great job on everything. Of course its not a 5 figure gemstone, but still its awesome for the price you paid!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Barrett! Very helpful. I replied to your post in the post just before yours. :twirl:

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Had to correct something....hate using my phone to type.

You said...
"The seller said it was copper bearing"....
Let me translate for you....
"The seller sold me a stone with a 90%-95% probability it has no Copper chromophores whatsoever, and instead its good ole iron keeping that stone colored.
Where did u buy it?
Even for a non copper tourm(if its true), you didn't do bad one bit.

Who did u get it from?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I hope not....I am a huge pessimist when it comes to cuprian tourmalines and validity.
I have been through the "cuprian crush" many times myself

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope not....I am a huge pessimist when it comes to cuprian tourmalines and validity.
I have been through the "cuprian crush" many times myself

I don't follow - what do you mean by "I hope not"?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results