shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Old Cut Diamond Is On The Way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''d have chosen this one too. It is sooo unique! These old stones just capture your heart. It is like trying to describe your true love before you''ve met him. There are no words, but the heart knows!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s just stunning! Those pics capture amazing Kozibe!
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Which James Meyer are you looking at? I, too, am considering a JM so I''ve been cruising his site daily! Lovely!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is SUCH a very cool stone - I LOVE it, so much character and charm
30.gif
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Woohoo! Yay Thing! I love your stone--love that culet and the chunky facets. Yipyip!!
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Love, love ,love it! Please keep us posted as to what you end up doing with it
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a special little stone, love those chunky facets! I can''t wait to see what you end up doing with it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous stone! I can''t wait to see how you set it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:15:23 AM
Author: Upgradable
I''d have chosen this one too. It is sooo unique! These old stones just capture your heart. It is like trying to describe your true love before you''ve met him. There are no words, but the heart knows!!

I know! As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it!

And I was thinking about something similar to this:JM ring

It''s just simple and dainty...I think it will be perfect for the stone! (Provided the setting isn''t too expensive, that is!) If I go for it I may lose the little knobs on either side of the stone-not sure how that will look with a round instead of an oval. But I love them, so I don''t know!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren, AmberG, coati, MMT, kcoursolle and Diamond Dana!

I''m hoping it will be here soon because I want to play with it in real life sooooooo bad!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 9:15:53 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 2/28/2009 11:15:23 AM
Author: Upgradable

It''s just simple and dainty...I think it will be perfect for the stone! (Provided the setting isn''t too expensive, that is!) If I go for it I may lose the little knobs on either side of the stone-not sure how that will look with a round instead of an oval. But I love them, so I don''t know!
Oooooo, yes!! That will be lovely!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The kozibe effect on that is stunning! Your stone is an eye-catcher, congratulations!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh, I don''t know, I think they would go with a round too. I likey!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 8:59:40 AM
Author: Ellen

Oh, I don''t know, I think they would go with a round too. I likey!

Okay, good! I do love them and they really add the JM vibe to the ring. I''ll get his opinion on it but I think I will keep them!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 7:34:08 AM
Author: Addy
The kozibe effect on that is stunning! Your stone is an eye-catcher, congratulations!

Thanks, Addy!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Thing2of2
35.gif

(love the stone btw!!!)

If you''re looking for a JM ring, just for your consideration-- take a look at Ann McKay''s website
She continues to reproduce many of JM''s designs and has many more examples of rings with diamonds in your size range.

Here''s one catalogue in particular:
http://www.annmckaystudio.com/Catalogues/Catalogue%20pdfs/07-08%20Catalogue.pdf

(If you''re looking for something very simple, I like #959 on pg 8)-- a JM design

Have fun deciding! Can''t wait to see it set!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When do you expect it Thing?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 9:29:57 AM
Author: paeony
Hi Thing2of2
35.gif

(love the stone btw!!!)

If you''re looking for a JM ring, just for your consideration-- take a look at Ann McKay''s website

She continues to reproduce many of JM''s designs and has many more examples of rings with diamonds in your size range.

(If you''re looking for something very simple, I like #959 on pg 8)-- a JM design

Wow, thanks paeony! I love #959!

I''ll probably still end up going with JM for this one since I already contacted him, but I love the catalog with all the different options by Ann McKay and James Meyer!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 9:55:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hopefully it will come Monday or Tuesday! It was shipped USPS Priority Mail on Friday and the mail runs on Saturday so maybe Monday? *Fingers crossed!*

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi Thing2of2
35.gif

(love the stone btw!!!)

Oooh I like this one too! Excellent choice - looks very classic.
Can''t wait to see what you decide.. pretty stone.
- BB

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 10:07:56 AM

Hopefully it will come Monday or Tuesday! It was shipped USPS Priority Mail on Friday and the mail runs on Saturday so maybe Monday? *Fingers crossed!*
My fingies are tightly crossed for you!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:09:59 AM
Date: 3/1/2009 10:07:56 AM

My fingies are tightly crossed for you!!!!

Thank you, ma''am!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:09:37 AM
Author: ButterBean

Hi Thing2of2
35.gif

(love the stone btw!!!)

- BB

Thanks, BB! You know I love your perfect, gorgeous set!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:09:37 AM
Author: ButterBean

Hi Thing2of2
35.gif

(love the stone btw!!!)

- BB

Oh I adore this too!!
30.gif
Very excited for you Thingo2!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, coats! This one will have to tide me over until I can get a big gorgeous diamond like yours to put in a JM!
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:49:56 AM
Thanks, coats! This one will have to tide me over until I can get a big gorgeous diamond like yours to put in a JM!
9.gif

You are so sweet Thingo!!

I'm in love with your diamond! I'm so excited for you--you're going to love the fire that shoots from that beauty.

I really want an Ann McKay--I love this one! I think your stone would be lovely in something like this too. (I believe it's a JM design that she reproduces)

http://www.annmckaystudio.com/Engage/950.html

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s gorgeous! Would you do an old cut diamond in it? Or a gemstone? (Perhaps you have one in the wings?
11.gif
)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:02:35 AM
Ooh, that''s gorgeous! Would you do an old cut diamond in it? Or a gemstone? (Perhaps you have one in the wings?
11.gif
)

I almost set my new(old)oec in that setting, but I went for a 6 prong for light return. I was worried a bezel would diminish the light return and fire a bit, so I went with prongs--but it probably would''ve been fine! I think your stone will be so gorgeous in a JM--are you thinking white metal or yg? Sorry if I missed that bit!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:53:47 AM
Author: coatimundi

11.gif
)

I almost set my new(old)oec in that setting, but I went for a 6 prong for light return. I was worried a bezel would diminish the light return and fire a bit, so I went with prongs--but it probably would''ve been fine! I think your stone will be so gorgeous in a JM--are you thinking white metal or yg? Sorry if I missed that bit!

Good point...do you think the bezel would be detrimental to my stone''s performance? I didn''t think of that. Hmmm...and I''m thinking white gold...I love YG (and rose gold) but I''ve come to the conclusion that WG just looks better on me.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:11:27 PM
Date: 3/1/2009 11:53:47 AM

Author: coatimundi

Ooh, that's gorgeous! Would you do an old cut diamond in it? Or a gemstone? (Perhaps you have one in the wings?
11.gif
)

I almost set my new(old)oec in that setting, but I went for a 6 prong for light return. I was worried a bezel would diminish the light return and fire a bit, so I went with prongs--but it probably would've been fine! I think your stone will be so gorgeous in a JM--are you thinking white metal or yg? Sorry if I missed that bit!

Good point...do you think the bezel would be detrimental to my stone's performance? I didn't think of that. Hmmm...and I'm thinking white gold...I love YG (and rose gold) but I've come to the conclusion that WG just looks better on me.

I think each stone is case by case. I started a thread about bezeling oecs a couple of weeks ago--maybe this info will help.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/bezel-oec-light-return-question-paging-storm-and-bezel-oec-owners-t106494.html

I would play with your stone for awhile and see how it interacts with light. Storm suggested I take a piece of dark construction paper to make a demo bezel to check the light return--a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results