shape
carat
color
clarity

My first (last?) E-Ring! How does this look?

kc0716

Rough_Rock
Dear PriceScope,

First of all, I think we have an AWESOME source of information here.
Thanks for everyone's contributions here. It people and places like this help out the true newbies like me.

I plan on proposing before the year end, and I've been seriously hunting for the "best value" ring for my lady.

Upon hours and hours of research,

My conclusion is that I will get my hands on a Round Brilliant Diamond, with
0.9~0.99 Carat, I~G Color, S1~VS2 Clarity, Excellent Cut, and under 2.0 score on HCA.

I think I may have found the one here.

This diamond is going to cost me $3,200 and I just got my hands on the images of this diamond from the vendor.

From what I can gather, all the images look really nice.

- Scores 2.0 on HCA and looks eye-clean from the face up picture.
- ASET does not seem too excellent. A lot of greens mixed in with more red.
- IDEAL SCOPE looks better than ASET in my opinion.
- HEARTS shows not enough red? I am not sure about this one.
- ARROWS shows distinct and clear arrows.

What do you guys think?

GIA CERT # blocked out for security reasons :razz:
gia_15.jpg
face_up.jpg
hearts_14.jpg
arrows_13.jpg
aset_72.jpg
ideal_scope_5.jpg

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kc0716,

With no particular comment on this diamond (that is against forum rules) -but commenting on ASET vs. Ideal-Scope interpretation in general:

Ideal-Scope will show light return of any intensity as red, the ASET will show varying intensity of light based upon areas from which the light is reflected to the viewer's eye. When green appears (esp. near the girdle) it can be an effect of indexing variations (the diamond was adjusted to meet angle specifications by the cutter) called 'painting' or 'digging'.

Depending on the diamond this may have negligible visible effect, or (especially when in low-light situations) it may be noticeable to some people.

You can read more about it here if you are interested:

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/what-aset-reveals-ideal-scope-does-not

Also be aware that 'eye-cleanliness' can not generally be determined by pictures, be sure to ask for a gemologist review of ANY diamond you wish to purchase (esp. clarity not achieving a VS2 grade or higher) to verify that it is eye-clean.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally wouldn't want a diamond with a crown that low. And the images do show leakage.

For me, it would be a great pendant or earring stone. But I wouldn't want it for a ring stone.

beelicious

Rough_Rock
you didn't block out the second gia # under additional grading information

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results