shape
carat
color
clarity

My first lab diamond 1.10ct RB

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying my first lab diamond. At first sight, I was a little disappointed. I ordered a simple solitaire setting which I usually love, but this one seems to sit low and squatty. Plus, the F color looks a little darker than it should to me at first glance, although is is an excellent cut. After looking at it longer, I've decided to keep it. But, I will have it reset in the trellis 3 stone setting I already have. Here's a couple of not so good cell phone shots. The first picture is with a wrap I already had. 20230126_175447.jpg

Attachments

• 20230126_194749.jpg
    20230126_194749.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 28

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying my first lab diamond. At first sight, I was a little disappointed. I ordered a simple solitaire setting which I usually love, but this one seems to sit low and squatty. Plus, the F color looks a little darker than it should to me at first glance, although is is an excellent cut. After looking at it longer, I've decided to keep it. But, I will have it reset in the trellis 3 stone setting I already have. Here's a couple of not so good cell phone shots. The first picture is with a wrap I already had. 20230126_175447.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I may, I will say this stone is not nearly as well cut as the stone in your profile pic.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
If I may, I will say this stone is not nearly as well cut as the stone in your profile pic.

Sadly, it's not. I was disappointed. The cut was supposed to be excellent. Certainly not by GIA standards. I was thinking it would be OK in my three stone trellis setting. When I had my GIA diamond in it, I didn't appreciate the cut as much because of the side diamonds, if that makes sense?

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I love the size on you! Since you're disappointed, can you return it?

I don't trust the lab cut grades, I feel like you have to look at what the ideal parameters are and just find the diamond cut to those standards.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few other views... 20230127_151143.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Another.. 20230126_180454.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share the report number?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked , yes, I can send it back. Should I pack it up? It is (supposed to be) F, excellent cut, and VS1 Clarity. Size 6.5 1.10ct

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Inked , yes, I can send it back. Should I pack it up? It is (supposed to be) F, excellent cut, and VS1 Clarity. Size 6.5 1.10ct

I strongly recommend returning it. It's not well cut, and there are thousands of better diamonds out there. We can help you find one that will wow you. Can you share your budget?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@ Kim N, ideally, I'd like to spend no more than 1,000 on a loose diamond. (This one was a bit more) I don't necessarily have to have an exact 1ct. A .95-.99 sounds fine just as long as I get the best cut. I think I'll pack it up tonight! Lol

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I am CONFIDENT Kim & Deja can find you something you WONT be disappointed with!! I was sad when you said you were disappointed, it's not because it's lab, it's just not cut super well. Im sure they can help you find something spectacular that when you open the box you think "WOW!!" I do not have their skills, I just look at everything they find and think "Darn, they're good at this!" LOL

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Kim N, ideally, I'd like to spend no more than 1,000 on a loose diamond. (This one was a bit more) I don't necessarily have to have an exact 1ct. A .95-.99 sounds fine just as long as I get the best cut. I think I'll pack it up tonight! Lol

Okay, these are so beautifully cut that I kind of want to find a reason to buy one myself! Check out the AGS link below each Ritani link to see a larger ASET image and Hearts & Arrows images that prove the cut quality is top-notch.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@ Kim N, Thank you so much! These are beautiful! I'm drawn to the exact 1.00 ct for some reason. I did try to buy from this company once. A nice PS member was kind enough to help me find a nice one. I paid for it thru PP, and the transaction stayed in the pending status for days. My account showed the pending charge, and it was supposed to be shipped overnight. I suppose maybe it wasn't in house or something? It just kind of made me a tad nervous..but the charge did drop off finally. I know it's a great company because so many speak highly of it. I was probably just a bit unlucky. Especially since I wanted it so quickly.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Kim N, Thank you so much! These are beautiful! I'm drawn to the exact 1.00 ct for some reason. I did try to buy from this company once. A nice PS member was kind enough to help me find a nice one. I paid for it thru PP, and the transaction stayed in the pending status for days. My account showed the pending charge, and it was supposed to be shipped overnight. I suppose maybe it wasn't in house or something? It just kind of made me a tad nervous..but the charge did drop off finally. I know it's a great company because so many speak highly of it. I was probably just a bit unlucky. Especially since I wanted it so quickly.

The 1.00ct is my favorite of them too. The smaller table and taller crown should make for a fiery diamond.

I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing that in the last couple months, so hopefully it was just a one-off for them because they couldn't get that particular diamond from the supplier.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N , I'm sure it was because I was wanting it so quickly. I was going out of town on a specific day, and was going to have it set while I was there. Things were probably slowed down due to covid as well.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve bought three diamonds from them. Two of them did ship overnight, but one took two weeks to come. The estimated arrival time was like one week away and then I never heard anything I just got a shipping notice that it shipped and it was like two weeks . I think it’s kind of hit or miss but the company is solid and you definitely will get it eventually

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve bought three diamonds from them. Two of them did ship overnight, but one took two weeks to come. The estimated arrival time was like one week away and then I never heard anything I just got a shipping notice that it shipped and it was like two weeks . I think it’s kind of hit or miss but the company is solid and you definitely will get it eventually

@ Inked, yes I'm sure they are great! No worries at all. I'm positive it was just my specific situation. I definitely plan to order from them. I almost did last night, but I'm still awaiting my RA# for the other ring. I want to make sure it is safely back to it's home before I order another.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N and all of you helpful people! Ok, I'm sending my 1.10 lab back tomorrow. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a diamond and solitaire (quick ship) setting from Ritani. But, this time not without your knowledge! I notice they have some ID in H color for around $700ish. If the diamond is ideal, will I notice the H color so much? Should I go G? I have decided to go a smidge larger, maybe 1.25. I like the simple, high set 4 or 6 prong setting. I've always loved the 4, never tried the 6 prong. The settings are quick ship, and I need an ideal that is great and quick ship. Any help appreciated!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N and all of you helpful people! Ok, I'm sending my 1.10 lab back tomorrow. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a diamond and solitaire (quick ship) setting from Ritani. But, this time not without your knowledge! I notice they have some ID in H color for around $700ish. If the diamond is ideal, will I notice the H color so much? Should I go G? I have decided to go a smidge larger, maybe 1.25. I like the simple, high set 4 or 6 prong setting. I've always loved the 4, never tried the 6 prong. The settings are quick ship, and I need an ideal that is great and quick ship. Any help appreciated!

I didn't see any well cut H in the $700 range. (The "ideal cut" rating is always iffy, so I use the Member Recommended Proportions found here.)

The quick ship is limiting the options a bit. Here's what I found.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dont trust the "ideal" label. You definitely need to look at the numbers and angles to be sure you're getting a great stone. I'm SO happy you're returning the original one !

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@ Kim N I just purchased the 1.31! I can't wait!!!! Thank you soooo much for all of your help and keeping me from making a big mistake! All of you rock!!!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Dont trust the "ideal" label. You definitely need to look at the numbers and angles to be sure you're getting a great stone. I'm SO happy you're returning the original one !

@lovedogs thank you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Kim N I just purchased the 1.31! I can't wait!!!! Thank you soooo much for all of your help and keeping me from making a big mistake! All of you rock!!!

You're very welcome! I'm really excited for you--I hope it ships as quickly as promised!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I will let you know when I get it!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how exciting!! I cant wait to see it!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how exciting!! I cant wait to see it!

It's shipped!!! I'm supposed to receive it tomorrow! Maybe the weather will be nice so there won't be a delay.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@ Inked and @ Kim N , I noticed Ritani has some nice solitaire settings at a great price. I will need to choose between 4 or 6 prongs, all white gold, or yellow gold with a white gold head. I do like the dainty settings, 1.5 to 2mm wide. I just hope the diamond is awesome!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Inked and @ Kim N , I noticed Ritani has some nice solitaire settings at a great price. I will need to choose between 4 or 6 prongs, all white gold, or yellow gold with a white gold head. I do like the dainty settings, 1.5 to 2mm wide. I just hope the diamond is awesome!

Which setting on the website are you leaning towards? I like 4 prongs for this size and at least 1.7mm for durability.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results