shape
carat
color
clarity

My first ebay purchase, diamond hoops, how did I do?

sushi

Shiny_Rock
Dear Everyone,

I just tried posting this and lost everything! grrrr, 2nd time lucky...

I am new around here, but I have become become obsessed with diamonds and ebay now! I have done no work this week, and my house is a mess! On the plus side I have bought my first pair of ebay diamond earrings. I think I did ok, but even if I didnt, i love them!

There are 46 diamonds, (23 on each), that measure 2.5mm, which i THINK is .06. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I calculate that is 2.76 carat in total.

They are very white, my jeweller said they are very clean. I have an f bracelet, and these earrings are whiter in my eyes, but definitely not worse. They also look clean to me under a loupe. They are 14ct gold, they were yellow, but my jeweller dipped them in 18ct white gold. He only charged me $12. Im not sure what the usual price is, but the family buy a lot of pieces from him, so i think it was a favour.

Anyway, I paid $520 including shipping. Is that ok?

They are iphone photos so please excuse them!

x
photo%205_3.jpg photo%204_1.jpg photo%203_0.jpg photo%202_1.jpg photo%202_1.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look gorgeous and sound like a great deal!

Congrats and enjoy!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Fun! Good for you for dipping in your toe. It's gonna get worse, I warn you.... :naughty:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Great purchase!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! And what a great buy...any chance of earshots?

Eta: never mind, just saw the earshot pic, I'm an idiot!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fabulous on you - congrats on your find!

I'm generally too scared of ebay to jump on anything that doesn't have fantastic description and super clear pics - and of course, those are never the bargains! One day, one day...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love them!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Great price.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did marvelous! Can you share the vendor with us? I always like to take note of vendors PS folks have been happy with.

Edit - they didnt tell you what the ctw was on them?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful & look great on you! I have been eyeing a pair of in & out hoops myself ;-)

sushi

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1292884011|2802101 said:
You did marvelous! Can you share the vendor with us? I always like to take note of vendors PS folks have been happy with.

Edit - they didnt tell you what the ctw was on them?

Well she said they were 1 carat each, but they are more. It retrospect I think I was really lucky, because there was no description of the quality of them... As it turns out they are great!

I'll search for the vendor, but she doesn't normally sell jewrllery, so I dont think there is much point.

X

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sushi, a little over $500.- for over 2.50 cts of clean, white diamonds? I think you did great!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I really like them!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are really pretty! I kinda wanna see more pics! :love: :love:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love finding good deals! Nothing like diamonds that you love for a fraction of the retail costs! < :lickout: 3! Yummy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results