shape
carat
color
clarity

My first diamond ring ever! Eternity ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is my first diamond ring from my boyfriend and I am going to cherish it forever! He knew I wanted a ring that someday I would wear on my right hand when another ring takes its place on my left hand
9.gif

And the story:
I am so excited to have this eternity ring on my finger from the man I love.
It all started before Valentines Day. I really wanted a very thin eternity band for our first Valentines Day together, but everywhere we looked eternity bands costed way too much for the occasion.

We looked at a bunch of bands that had diamonds half-way down, and I didn''t really like that. But, in order to give me a ring by Valentines Day my boyfriend ordered one anyways. I had no idea, so I insisted we kept looking! Then, at the next jewelry store, he caved and told me he had already bought one... and I felt really bad.

He realized I didn''t love it (and it was too big) when it arrived, so he returned it.

We then went to Diamonds Direct a week or so later, a jewelry store in Charlotte, NC with tons and tons of settings-- and they had my dream eternity band, for hundreds less than the other stores, and the diamonds were also more brilliant and sparkly than at other stores-- win-win situation.

So, this past weekend I surprised him and we flew back up to NY where he is from for a Buffalo Sabres hockey game, and at the airport, he surprised me with the eternity ring!

He said, "So what are you going to wear to the game?" and I said "I''m not sure yet", and he said, "I think you should wear this now and forever." (Then I melted)

I hadn''t expected it by Valentines since they had to make a new one in size 5.25. Now I can''t stop looking at it!

By the way, it''s .37 ctw and gorgeous! The pictures don''t do it justice
2.gif

I want to post photos but I don''t know how to resize them on a Macbook computer in iPhoto. Does anyone know how?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
well i dont know either, girl, but after a story like *that*, you''d better come up with the pictures molto pronto!!

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
Whitby''s right. I can''t wait to see it either!!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
In iPhoto, go to File->Export->Web Page, and modify the max width and height parameters.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ok! This is one of the pictures, I think this should work!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely wedding band
30.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
here is another, a lot of these I took on the plane!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/30/2009 7:15:29 PM
Author: risingsun
30.gif

It''s actually more of an ''I love you'' ring, wedding band is definitely jumping the gun!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really pretty - very delicate but showstopping at the same time! I love those thin eternity bands!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty eternity ring - congratulations on a lovely gift
9.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and a very thoughtful boyfriend.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 7:18:18 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl

Date: 3/30/2009 7:15:29 PM
Author: risingsun
30.gif

It''s actually more of an ''I love you'' ring, wedding band is definitely jumping the gun!
Oh my! Then it is a lovely "I love you" ring
2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, very pretty!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty and classic!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Delicate eternity bands are so very special! And so versatile stylewise! Laer, you can stack! I''d like to get one (or two!) myself one day!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty and delicate! What a thoughtful gift!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
That is so pretty! And it''s nice that you have a boyfriend who will buy you jewelry!
36.gif

I''ve had several rings that I''ve worn as engagement rings that I bought myself (with a little input from him) because my fiance thinks they are a waste of money. ARGH! I love everything else about the man though...

Anyway, he needs to take jewelry buying lessons from your fella! Congrats on your ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

Have you found your stone yet?

cheers--Sharon

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
wow lamborghinigirl! what a huge amount of sparkle for such a delicate ring!

too pretty! (as in...too pretty to resist and now i want one too...)

a lovely addition to your collection - wear in all happiness :)

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments! i am so excited to have my own, real diamond ring!

I love this ring so much. I think it''s the perfect thickness for my hand. He is so so wonderful! I appreciate his thoughtfulness everyday. And making me even more excited: this weekend when we went back to his hometown in NY his mom asked me all types of questions about the future, marraige, etc. So I am in a great mood
36.gif

Date: 3/30/2009 9:05:11 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Lovely!

Have you found your stone yet?

cheers--Sharon

No stone yet! After talking to Jon at GOG a lot (he has been SO helpful) it has become clear that a stone within my budget, with the right clarity, awesome cut and dimensions will be very rare! But I am patient, and I don''t have a time frame, so it''s ok. In the mean time, I am going to try and save another 5K over the next year and that may help the cause a bit!

I will keep everyone posted if I find one!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and delicate. What a thoughtful bf!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/30/2009 9:13:24 PM
Author: whitby_2773

wow lamborghinigirl! what a huge amount of sparkle for such a delicate ring!

too pretty! (as in...too pretty to resist and now i want one too...)

a lovely addition to your collection - wear in all happiness :)

thanks for your sweet comments! it is so sparkly in the sun too, lots of fire-- i haven''t taken any outside pics yet though.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll echo the sentiment of most everyone else and say it''s BEAUTIFUL and oh so delicate! I just adore the very thin eternity bands - they are classic and beautiful, and always perfect for any occasion (or every day!). What a lovely "I love you" ring. Thank you for sharing
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone! I am so happy everyone thinks it is as pretty as I do
21.gif

I would also like to add that this ring was comparably, very affordable. At other jewelry stores, the eternity bands with equal or less carat weight cost more than $600 more than mine, and none had the lifetime policies like Diamonds Direct does. The ring is great quality (some others I saw had poor metal and prong work) and the diamonds are all VS clarity, D-H color, so I am very impressed with what they provided for the money.

It was wonderful to find a ring I loved, that came in at a price point my boyfriend loved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results