shape
carat
color
clarity

My first diamond ever. J color 0.6ct

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
So Ive been starting thread after thread to get help and Ive learned so much about diamondsand am so greatful to all you Diamond experts for all the help Ive gotten! Since Im in sweden things are little different. For one no shop keeps real diamonds, so its impossible to view any and make up you mind about prefrences. The only diamonds Ive come across are small like up to 0.1, except my friends 0.35 D color IF, and some really really old ones that just are not comparable to todays diamonds in color or clarity.
Also when ordering from website in sweden, the selection is the same, but no pictures and definetly no idealscopes or asets. So its been hard.
Finally I did order a J color, and am thrilled. Not only is it far far whiter than I thought it would be but it sparkles alot. At first I thought it was slightly dull indoors but it still sparkles but with more of a white light. Outside or in above lightning its firey as....
So, yes, Im just showing off, and I know for many of you pros and long timers in the diamond game, its nothing special, but for me, as its my first diamond ( of many I have feeling...got into this!) I want to thank all of you who helped me, and also all of you who'se threads Ive read that helped me understand and finally be able to buy my stone.
Now for pictures.
You can see the warmth of it, but it is definetly much much whiter than the image of the arrows show. I have never seen it that yellow and I stare at it constantly ;-)

_29482.jpg

_29483.jpg

_29484.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! Congratulations on your first diamond!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your first diamond purchase. Any ideas on how you will set this beauty?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's really lovely LaSuecia! :appl: Any setting ideas yet?

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I think it is lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah.. you have caught the diamond disorder! welcome.. I've had it all my life.. your diamond is beautiful.. please post after you set it.. congratulations! :love: :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ita beautiful!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh how beautiful!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I also have a J stone that I adore. :love: Can't wait to see how you set it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your first diamond! It's beautiful!!! I hope you will come back to show more photos once you choose a setting. :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty! I especially love the first pic.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone! Congratulations on your first diamond, it's a very special feeling :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful diamond! Great choice!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty and congrats! Very exciting times for you. Have fun getting it set!

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
Thank you all you lovely people!
since its my first, I wasnt sure it was a good buy but I think I nailed it! Been to rwo jewlers who both said I got a really really good price so Im happy.
My FI keeps texting me pictures of gollum and the ring, thats how he feels about my new interest haha.
I will definetly post pictures when set.
Now comes the quest for the perfect setting. I dont really have a budget for it but im thinking no more than 1800$ But maybe if the setting is "the one" I might go higher.
Also ,since I live in the land of eternal winter, I need a low setting so rhat I can wear mittens when its cold :lol:
I like solitaire settings and settings with three diamonds on each side of the centerstone.
Ideas are welcome :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond! Looking forward to your setting photos.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone! Congrats! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your "precious" is quite a beautiful stone! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LaSuecia--Congratulations! :wavey: Now that you have that beauty in hand, what are you thinking regarding a setting? You may want to consider setting it in something so you can see and enjoy it!

I have an OEC & altho its the perfect size for a pendant, I can't watch it sparkle, which is almost all the fun IMHO! Please come back & show us what you decide!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaSuecia
Congratulations! nice looking stone!.. :appl:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Great photo of your diamond it's going to be beautiful when set and I can't wait to see the final setting also. Maybe the tension settings, I think they are low. I have a friend that has one with a diamond band. But I am not sure how it is with mittens.

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!
Ill show my engagment rings. ( I have two I wear together, and in sweden its most common to get the big (well "swedish big" )diamond at the wedding, and the engagmentring is usually quite plain)
Im not super fond of tension setting but a low U setting perhaps? Is that even possible, Doesnt need to be super low, but low enough to not bother me at my job ( skin therapist, lots of facials) and like I mentioned earlier, mittens! :dance:
My friend has a tiffany set 0.35 and mittens work for her, and I think that setting is quite high, so maybe It wont bother me neither.
Im sure some of you live on cold climates as well, how do you wear your diamonds with mittens? ( sorry bout the mitten obsession, but its like at least 6 months of the year so Its kind of important :lol: )
Picture isnt too good,but I think you see what I wear now so you maybe get a brilliant idea how I should set this beauty

_29642.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely stone!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
I already mentioned that its a lovely stone, but I had to jump in again and comment on this picture with the stone loose on your hand. It looks so beautiful! and its going to be such a great size on your hand, looks much bigger than .6 carat! There are so many setting ideas, and 1800 dollars is a good budget to get a wonderful setting. A three stone will be beautiful and will have a lot of presence on your finger, but it may be a bit costly. I also think pave settings are beautiful and feminine (Ok, i'm a little biased because of my own ring) but that way you can have a solitaire but also a bit of added sparkle. Go try different rings on, I'm sure something will speak to you! can't wait to see what you decide

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
It does look bigger than 0.6 right ? I thought so too

So I was to the jewler yesterday to seewhat I can do with the stone, and what I thought lookes bedst was a very simple four prong setting, that was slightly high but it seemed to be low enough not to bother me on a daily basis.
Also, Im exchanging my tiny eternity ring for a slightly better kind, like in the picture.

Now these are rings from the store so they are too big, the centerstone onthe solitaire is 0.75 so it will be slightly smaller.
What do you think? I havent bought them yet, still wanting time to think about it and pehaps some input.

Do or don't?

_29709.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I think that is perfect and it's exactly what you were describing and envisioned. Can't wait to see altogether!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I think one's first diamond IS a special thing, isn't it? And .6 isn't small, despite what you see on pricescope many women either have no diamond ring or stones smaller than .6.

Regarding mittens, I would consider bezel or semi bezel as there are no prongs to catch. Probably the lower the setting or basket the less likely to catch. Hopefully you can try on some different styles to see what you like.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone for your first diamond! I picture a nice swirl semi bezel.

Something like this (or there are settings available with one band coming in from each side that are a bit more streamlined:
double_swirl.jpg

Or this is a bit more reminiscent of your current engagement ring:
braid_swirl.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are doing facials and wanting to wearing your rings while doing it, I would not suggest pave. That could scrape against someones face and be unpleasant. Even if you only get it on the top half, your ring could turn and do that. Anyways, I probably would suggest not wearing your rings at work anyways. I used to work at a spa, and most gals put them on a necklace or had a special pocket sewn into their uniforms to keep their rings.

BUT all that aside, it is lovely and will make a wonderful whatever you choose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results