shape
carat
color
clarity

my first Dan stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 12:41:09 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I''m getting the lotus setting for my 5mm stone :)

And the picture posted is a 5mm aquamarine, so I don''t think the setting would necessarily overwhelm the stone if that''s the look you want :)

I also recently had an etsy jeweler set my malaya garnet in a beaded bezel setting which I love. And it was only about 25$!

malayacomparisons.jpg
Oh! The trick of photography! I guess I should have read the description...I never would have guessed it was a 5mm stone!

I''m working with the same person who did your sterling silver beaded setting. She''s doing a simple white gold bezel for my teal tourmaline from Barry. VERY reasonably priced - $105!! I can''t wait to see the final product - I should be getting it early next week!! :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Karee, I can''t wait to see your tourmaline set!!
Haha, I thought about getting the setting in white gold, but couldn''t bring myself to spend more on the setting than the stone, lol. Maybe for my next sapphire project...

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks girls! Can you give me that etsy link as well? I think as much as I love the beaded band, I need to go with plain since the beaded one might look funny with the twisted bands stacked with it. I want to keep this project CHEAP. I do love Sally''s work but she''s a little on the high end for sterling and I''d love to find someone in the US to do it so I don''t have to ship internationally.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found that site MakingTheGrade. I really really love that beaded band. Maybe I''ll have to get that and get a couple beaded bands to wear with it. gosh, too many choices. How do you think your ring would look if it was just a plain band? Would it be too boring?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not stacking mine because I really adore the delicate look, lol. So yeah, I thought a plain band might have been too mundane on it's own.

I see nothing wrong stacking beaded bands with twisty ones! :) Or maybe simple hammered silver rings (they're like 8$ each)
Hammered bands

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so pretty!!! I do love the beaded ones. I''m leaning toward those. Hope you don''t mind me being a copycat!
emsmile.gif

kyle did say it was possible to match the twisty bands I already have so that''s another option!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 5:58:30 PM
Author: katiedid
so pretty!!! I do love the beaded ones. I''m leaning toward those. Hope you don''t mind me being a copycat!
emsmile.gif

kyle did say it was possible to match the twisty bands I already have so that''s another option!
Aw, not at all! I''m sure it''ll be gorgeous!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very reasonable too! Now I''m dying to get the stone!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve decided to go with kyleannmetals and she''s making me the bezel setting on the beaded band (like MakingTheGrade''s). I''m also getting 2 plain beaded bands to wear with it (as an option). I''m hoping to get the stone by early next week, send it to Kyle and get it back pretty soon since she''s moving to California at the end of May. I''m going with sterling to keep costs down but her WG prices were fantastic as well. I plan to use her again for sure!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhh Pretty stone,, I really like the color..

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks D&T - can''t wait to see what you end up with in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results