shape
carat
color
clarity

My first custom ring -- pictures are in!

icarter

Rough_Rock
Aloha!

With your help, a few months ago I purchased a beautiful (.. at least, I think) diamond from WF and went ahead with a semi-custom ring. The instructions were to combine the Shank of Legato Sleek Line (1091), which tapers from 1.35mm to 2.5mm and the 4 prong basket head of Fine Line (1101). The ring is being shipped today, but WF just sent me the photos and I couldn't resist sharing!

I'll post my own pics once I get the ring. For now, I'd love your thoughts :)

semi-custom-2.jpg

semi-custom-1.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and classic! Tell us about the diamond. Is this for you or for a proposal?

icarter

Rough_Rock
It is for a proposal :) I'm planning on waiting a few months to pop the question (girlfriend's sister is getting married soon and I don't want to steal the spotlight), but might not be able to resist.

The diamond specs are:

0.752 ct
Color: E
VVS1
A Cut Above Heats and Arrows (Whiteflash)
Table: 55.4
Depth: 61.7

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful! I love the two components of those two rings together - you did a fabulous job and the diamond is spectacular too!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. You made an excellent choice for stone and setting!

RoyalRaindrop63

Rough_Rock
Those prongs are delicious and the whole thing is just classic elegance! The tapering is also a nice touch. Good job.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love it! :love: It's beautiful, you did great!

icarter

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!! I can't wait till Friday!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! The stone & setting look great! :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect diamond and perfect - all time classic - ring!!! You did very well ;))
Can't wait to see hand shots when you propose!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a timeless beauty!!! Congrats and enjoy!!! :love:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring! What an awesome combo. Congratulations!!! Enjoy the proposal!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! I vote for not waiting to propose! She will enjoy being engaged as her sister prepares for her wedding! I wouldn't do it right before the wedding, obviously, but if the wedding is not for a few weeks or months, then I would not let that cause you to postpone!

icarter

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1453429160|3979455 said:
That is beautiful! I vote for not waiting to propose! She will enjoy being engaged as her sister prepares for her wedding! I wouldn't do it right before the wedding, obviously, but if the wedding is not for a few weeks or months, then I would not let that cause you to postpone!

:) I very well might not be able to wait.. we met at an annual gala for public interest law which happens to be at the end of next month..... :think:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came back to admire the ring :)) .

Come back and post hand shots after you propose! The gala sounds like a romantic place/time propose since you met there. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results