shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My FINAL(LY) upgrade! 3.51 N OEC from Parks in DK octagon!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! Your stone and setting are gorgeous. A lovely combination. And of course I love me a good octagonal shape. It looks stunning on you.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Guuuuuurlllll.. it faces up so much whiter than the original photos!! VERY pretty. I love it!!

Some of Alex's pics were pretty, urm, dark...but once he sent me better pics and vids I was sold. This stone is so entertaining to me, sometimes soft white, sometimes soft yellow and sometimes just a kaleidescope of colors. Definetly will keep me happy , I never know what I'm going to see when I look down!
20200301_204357.jpg

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of Alex's pics were pretty, urm, dark...but once he sent me better pics and vids I was sold. This stone is so entertaining to me, sometimes soft white, sometimes soft yellow and sometimes just a kaleidescope of colors. Definetly will keep me happy , I never know what I'm going to see when I look down!
20200301_204357.jpg

Is there anything more fun than those chunky facets?! :kiss2:

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Those of you are curious about my eternity band: it's actually an original art deco ring, platinum, with oecs, seller estimated circa 1915. My dh bought it for me last year, and sweetly told me he wanted me to wear it forever. So I had to be sure this new ring would go well with her! I asked DK to make my sidestones also oecs, so they would look good with the eternity. I think the two rings look really great together!

Your DH is a sweetheart, both rings are stunning. Congratulations on your anniversary with many more to come.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Those of you are curious about my eternity band: it's actually an original art deco ring, platinum, with oecs, seller estimated circa 1915. My dh bought it for me last year, and sweetly told me he wanted me to wear it forever. So I had to be sure this new ring would go well with her! I asked DK to make my sidestones also oecs, so they would look good with the eternity. I think the two rings look really great together!

I was waiting for your hand pics. I am glad this finally came together for you. I know it is hard when you can’t figure out exactly how you want it to look and you want it to all to turn out perfect. I am a big believer in bezels now and I love an engraved ring! A beautiful heirloom piece. Congrats!

lkredhat

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS! That is one of the prettiest rings I have ever seen.
Love the flowery facets and the way you set it to show them off. The milgraining and the octagon setting--romantic and elegant at the same time. Perfect with your band.
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
H
I was waiting for your hand pics. I am glad this finally came together for you. I know it is hard when you can’t figure out exactly how you want it to look and you want it to all to turn out perfect. I am a big believer in bezels now and I love an engraved ring! A beautiful heirloom piece. Congrats!

Hi @swaye2010 ! I wanted to thank you actually, one of YOUR rings was one of the inspo pics I sent for the engraving on the inner part of the shank!

20200305_204054.jpg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@soxfan Thank you! I think your new CBI is fabulous!
@lkredhat aww, what a nice thing to say. I think she's pretty, too. :)
@Ceilimom thanks, and yes he's a sweetheart, I plan to keep him!

Abby_Lia

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow such a beautiful diamond! And the setting is really well executed and just perfect. Fabulous ring :love: Congrats and enjoy!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
H

Hi @swaye2010 ! I wanted to thank you actually, one of YOUR rings was one of the inspo pics I sent for the engraving on the inner part of the shank!

20200305_204054.jpg

It looks so beautiful...really! We definitely have the same tastes in rings! I just had another person contact me about my sapphire ring and they are doing the same design with David right now too. He does such amazing work I think I am going to have to try my next ring with him. I bet you just can lose yourself looking into that diamond! This is going to be your keeper!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Abby_Lia Thank you!
@junebug17 Thank you, I'm so impressed with how the setting turned out, just exactly what I hoped...( and that doesn't always happen, even with custom!)

Yes, @swaye2010 , she is definetly my keeper! I love her even more now than when she was loose. She's so fascinating to me, I can't quit staring and taking pictures! I think it's love ;-)
20200308_195409.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
There will never be enough photos of your stack to satisfy me! But it feeds my souls to keep looking. <3

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
This is absolutely stunning! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Would love to see more pictures of the basket and side profile!!!!!!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh myyyyyyyyy!!!!! Its really beautiful!!!!!! How did I missed this!!!!!! big big Congratulations!!! Wear it in good health!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The diamond and the setting are beautiful. Going custom can be nerve wracking. You did a great job. It looks perfect on you!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I fell in love with OECs a few years ago, and dreamt of having real one "someday". And as I admired them on others , over time, I found myself drawn to the warmer stones, the "cape" colors...m, n,and down the line. To me there's something so magical and romantic in their soft warm hues.

The "new diamond" talk started at my house sometime last year, (instigated by him, if you can believe it!)
But shortly after our 25th anniversary last year, I began really looking.
This was truly so exciting for me, as I had sold my MRB 10 years before, and with raising kids , etc, a new diamond had been on the back burner a long time!
As I began looking, I realized I needed some guidance, so I started a PS thread seeking help, not sure what to make of table size and depth, etc in the oec cut.

I saw an IG post by Alex Parks back in August, a listing for 2 N color oecs...he was selling as a 7 carat pair. One of the stones caught my eye immediately, such beautiful flowery facets, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine...she would be the one! That IG post was mentioned by another PS member, "ask if he'll split them up" she suggested. That idea had never occurred to me! Maybe he would?
20191103_124655.png
At first he didn't want to split the pair, but Alex finally agreed.
And the GIA 3.51 N Si1 9.31x9.35, 49%table, 65.4% depth...she is mine! Sunny hued, large culet, kozibe effect, chunky facets.....I just love her!
20200207_103338.png
20190921_151719.jpg

I am so thankful to Amy at David Klass for being so patient with me. I had a few ideas but it took us months (and many cads) to get to the final design.
I love art deco, but couldn't decide how to set this stone. Finally went with something a little different for me : an octagon!
Enough backstory! Just wanted to fill you in so you know why this is such a thrilling, and long awaited, big deal for me! My "finally" upgrade!
I picked up the ring in LA on Friday, I will get better pics when I get home!
20200220_222751.png
20200222_102836.jpg

20200222_170513.jpg

WOW!! Love it! Gorgeous! Congrats!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
You ring is simply amazing! I love every single thing about it, every detail! Your diamond is a total knockout. Congratulations to you! Thanks for all the pics and videos. Wow, wow, wow!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results